Breeze Thrill Theater

kona_wahine

It was never crowded when we went.

We were excited to try it, but left bored.

I'm not saying that you wouldn't enjoy it, I'm just saying that we didn't.

I'd definitely not buy the weeks pass initially, try it out first.

It does sometime gets crowded. It was something different to do. I would but for the full week. I think when I was on it last year it was only 14.99 or something like that. Doing it once cost 7 something.

Enjoy have a great cruise

Thrill Theater? ......................It's ......................It's ................It's OK. The kids will love it.

One complaint I had was that there are just 3 or 4 rows of seats and the floor is nearly level so some thing is always in the way blocking the screen from view. Had it been on an angle, it would have been much better.

During the viewing, you get a dose of water droplets while going through spray that is being shown on the screen. The trouble is you get it about 5 seconds after you pass the water. Very noticeable.

Most of the shows were cartoons. Again good for the kids.

I guess I would say to go and see it but not several times. From what I saw of previews of the Vista, that theater is very much bigger with the angled floor.

The best value is to buy for the whole week. I found it to be well worth it. They had about 6 different shows, some better than others. I found it to be hit or miss regarding having to wait. Half the time I walked right in and once or twice I had to wait 5-10 minutes. Sit up front in the middle for the best seating. They have several special effects other than water and I did not witness any out of sync issues the whole cruise. It is fun and something to do on a sea day. Enjoy.

Hi Kona Wahine :)

My wife & I recently sailed the Breeze for a 14-day voyage & enjoyed the Thrill Theater.

The cost is:

$7.95 per person for one showing

$14.95 per person for unlimited

24 seats...

Shows are every 30 minutes during theater hours.

Approximately 10 shows in total, sometimes 2 short films during one show.

Also keep an eye out for a special show, only 2 or 3 viewings.

Check the Fun Times daily, or directly at the box office for show titles, special shows & show times.

Enjoy!!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

One complaint I had was that there are just 3 or 4 rows of seats and the floor is nearly level so some thing is always in the way blocking the screen from view. Had it been on an angle, it would have been much better.

The pictures I have seen of it show three rows of stadium-style seating.

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/carnival-breeze-609/theaters-130355/thrill-theater--v7466534/

It's a lot of fun, and definitely worth the week's pass. For one show, $7.95 is way too much to pay. I asked the guy in the ticket booth whether most people buy the pass, and he said they sell hardly any single tickets. It's even fun to see the same show multiple times. They're only about 20 minutes long.

It's very small and if you're not in the front row, someone's head will block your view for sure.

The last 3 days of the cruise we had to get there early (15 min) or it was sold out- particularly with something popular like Spongebob.

Totally worth it though. Runs every 30 minutes for two blocks of time a day- usually 3 hour blocks of

Time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We thought it was a blast! We bought the week pass, and went probably 7 times, then something malfunctioned and they couldn't fix it so they refunded everyone's money in full. We were actually bummed because we enjoyed going.

LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! I have not laughed so hard in a long time! We bought the $15.00 weeks pass for the 4 of us 39,45,10 and 8. IMO worth every penny! One night we got there 15 minutes before show time and there was a long line already. The next shows we had to get there early as the kiddos wanted the front row. Everytime I think about the experience we had I laugh! Some shows were MUCH better than others, but overall I would give it a 10 out of 10!!

My family also loved the Thrill Theater! It's a way better deal to buy the week pass. The Rides show was our favorite! We saw it a couple times because we liked it so much. Spongebob....not my favorite, but my kids laughed all the way through it.

Also, we never stood in line during our cruise in June.

My family also loved the Thrill Theater! It's a way better deal to buy the week pass. The Rides show was our favorite! We saw it a couple times because we liked it so much. Spongebob....not my favorite, but my kids laughed all the way through it.

Also, we never stood in line during our cruise in June.

Seems like they still have the same shows that played when I was on Breeze last year. The Rides show was my favorite as well.

OP- Definitely get the week's pass....it's worth it.

The pictures I have seen of it show three rows of stadium-style seating.

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/carnival-breeze-609/theaters-130355/thrill-theater--v7466534/

Wait until you get there ............. You will see what I mean. The picture does look like there is quite an angle but you will still be moving your head from side to side to get a view. It might be the seat backs since they are high and those seats are constantly moving.

Don't get me wrong. I did not mean for this to be a negative review. It's OK and it is typical 3-D.

So I've read it's a lot of fun even for adults, but curious as to what were the actual movies? Anybody have a listing to know what to expect, for a typical 6-day cruise.

They are short films. One was about the earth....mountains, oceans, whales, penguins another was a spongebob cartoon then there was a rollercoaster ride through a gold mine, dodging flying objects, logs on the tracks, broken tracks.. they also had one which was a combination of most of the films....

Bottom line its worth it, special effects like wind, rain, snow, chair movement etc. are really cool. Everyone who went to the shows seemed to have a good time laughing and talking about it when leaving. I had no issues whatsoever with blocked screen. If you want to avoid the possibility of some large person sitting in front of you...simply sit in the front row....

Edited by rolloman

They are short films. One was about the earth....mountains, oceans, whales, penguins another was a spongebob cartoon then there was a rollercoaster ride through a gold mine, dodging flying objects, logs on the tracks, broken tracks.. they also had one which was a combination of most of the films....

Bottom line its worth it, special effects like wind, rain, snow, chair movement etc. are really cool. Everyone who went to the shows seemed to have a good time laughing and talking about it when leaving. I had no issues whatsoever with blocked screen. If you want to avoid the possibility of some large person sitting in front of you...simply sit in the front row....

Thanks so much for the detailed information! We will be on the Breeze in December and thought it would be something different to do onboard. Sounds like the week price is the best way to go also. Looking forward to it now. :)