Grand Turk

tncruisergurl

I will be in Grand Turk for my 40th birthday. I'm trying to find something to do, any recommendations? I'm a total beach bum. My husband prefers to do something other than lay out all day. I'd like to try some local food. I keep reading about Jacks, but rather not go to a over crowded place

Jacks Shack is close, yummy jerk chicken and fries, entertaining (people watching and Topher the crab digging dog) and has a great relaxing vibe. Your husband could ride a horse in the ocean, I think there are jet skis to rent and a volleyball court on the beach. If you are a beach bum, go for it! Your 40th bday only comes around once!

Edited by momonthego17

About 50 yards to the left is a great shack with cold cheap beer and good food and free wifi, get your drinks in there and then go dance with the women on stage at Margaritaville. Save the time of walking all the way to Jack's

Edited by dvond

We were not impressed with Jack's Shack at all. Watching them cook was enough to turn my stomach. The bartender was not very friendly at all. It was a very disappointing trip because of all the hype we heard beforehand. We did enjoy the dog, however.

Jack's Shack is one of my favorite places in the world. My 40th birthday was in February and I told DH that we had to go to Grand Turk for it. We have been there at least 5 times and only once did I feel like it was crowded.

So from one 40 year old TN girl to another, try Jack's and as others have said, don't forget to order your sandy vagina!:D

Jack's Shack is one of my favorite places in the world. My 40th birthday was in February and I told DH that we had to go to Grand Turk for it. We have been there at least 5 times and only once did I feel like it was crowded.

So from one 40 year old TN girl to another, try Jack's and as others have said, don't forget to order your sandy vagina!:D

Thanks! Looks like we will try that. So you can just walk there? And by the way, what the heck is sandy vagina? [emoji5]️. Cute name, but what kind of drink is it? GBO!!

I will be in Grand Turk for my 40th birthday. I'm trying to find something to do, any recommendations? I'm a total beach bum. My husband prefers to do something other than lay out all day. I'd like to try some local food. I keep reading about Jacks, but rather not go to a over crowded place

We head over to Margaritaville and stay there. 5 min walk from ship

You folks can do the Flow-Rider, its about 30 bucks for an hour. Looks like fun.

This whole thread will likely be moved. Its in the wrong category

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

Thanks! Looks like we will try that. So you can just walk there? And by the way, what the heck is sandy vagina? [emoji5]️. Cute name, but what kind of drink is it? GBO!!

Yes it is a 10 minute walk at most. A sandy vagina has coconut rum, pineapple juice, and maybe vanilla vodka. Don't quote me. It's just a good(strong) fruity drink. They have a ton of different drinks to choose from. DH loves to try the different beers, but I am not a beer girl. The food is really good, too. We always get the conch and the jerk chicken.

IMHO Margaritaville is an over priced tourist trap with mediocre food. Jimmy Buffett sold it off years ago.

The food is just bar food but for food and all you can drink for $50 it's not over priced.

We droped a C note and a half at jacks and the food was no better.

Edited by Bases5

How do you get to Jack's Shack? Are the drinks cheaper there? Also, where do you purchase the $50 all you can eat and drink? I've been to Grand Turk a few times and have never seen this!

Jacks is about 3/4 a mile to the left but there is a nice cheaper alternative much closer Barefoot Cabana.

The all you can drink for 50 is new at Margarita ville, one entree and all drinks you can take in for the day, buy it when you walk in there

You need to find Barbie's. It is in the vicinty of the museum and little shops on the waterfront. Best conch fritters ever. Then go somewhere else for music and drinks. You can look it up on a place that advises on trips.

Jacks is about 3/4 a mile to the left but there is a nice cheaper alternative much closer Barefoot Cabana.

The all you can drink for 50 is new at Margarita ville, one entree and all drinks you can take in for the day, buy it when you walk in there

Sweet! I don't drink a huge quantity but as expensive as everything is, that's a deal! Does that include any drink?