Haven Questions

Fishymom

We are booked in a H6 Aft. with kids.. 13/10.

Are kids allowed in the Haven area (pool etc) will they be the only kids? Will we be 'those' parents that bring kids there?

Also- those that have stayed Haven Aft before- did you wish you were closer to the Haven amenities? Seeing the pics of the ship and it's enormity I just wonder is we will really want to hike so far so to speak.

Are kids allowed in the Haven area (pool etc) will they be the only kids? Will we be 'those' parents that bring kids there?

Also- those that have stayed Haven Aft before- did you wish you were closer to the Haven amenities? Seeing the pics of the ship and it's enormity I just wonder is we will really want to hike so far so to speak.

Yes, they are allowed in the Haven area. There were a few including ours last year on the BA during spring break. The pool is tiny though - if you had 10 people standing in it, it would be full. There are usually treats of some kind in the Haven area like sweet breads or gummy bears.

Yes, children are allowed in the Haven pool area, however most likely they will not want to stay there as it really isn't a pool for swimming, more of a wading pool.

As long as your children are respectful of others you will not be one of "those" parents lol. I had an 11 and 13 year old with me and never received any dirty looks. I just let them know if an adult wanted to use the hot tub then they had to get out. My niece actually spoke to another child and reminded her that this was a quiet relaxing place and suggested the other girl may be better suited at the main pool. I guess all my warnings on how to behave in the Haven paid off! :)

We were also in and H6 and though it did not bother me the kids and hubby said next time give up the big balcony and stay in the Haven itself.

We just returned from The Epic and were in 10325, an aft H6. Although you are not right near The Haven, we found that it was not an issue at all. Our pattern was getting up, taking the elevator up to deck 15, walking through the pool deck and taking the private elevator up to The Haven. It probably took, at most, 5 minutes.

There were several kids on our cruise in The Haven. The pool is small and, if I were a kid, I would have much rather been near the slides but it was fine.

The Haven restaurant was a nice way to start off the day for breakfast and a great option for dinner as well.

Being aft, we got some nice fees in port but, beware, we felt it when we were docking. There were mornings when we were shaking in bed. Mint was fine but might annoy others.

It was a great trip and we loved our room choice and The Haven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They will not be the only kids. Just make sure they aren't doing anything too crazy and you should be fine. There are people who don't like kids in the Haven, but that is tough for them -- that is where the two-bedroom suites are located on the new ships. (And I'm saying this as a child-free-by-choice adult.)

As for the walk...I don't think I would want to do it and I do think there is a good chance you will not use the amenities as much. For us it was nice to know that everything was right there for us -- we didn't have to travel far to check on something, get a snack or run back to the cabin if we forgot something. However, people love the balconies on the aft suites so I can understand their willingness to put up with the walk.

We love the aft. Have stayed in the Haven itself several times and to be honest, I actually prefer the aft. It's just as quiet back there, the huge balconies are to die for (not to mention the cabins!) and no hassle with the elevators (it can be a long ride up to deck 16 and 17 on the Away ships when most everyone else is stopping below that). Yes, you're gonna walk a distance to get to the Haven restaurant, pool or bar, but, even that was actually a plus for us as we could work off a few of those extra pounds that always seem to accumulate while on a cruise. And there are what? about 15 bars between the aft and the Haven lounge to get that drink? It all comes down to personal preference.

Different perspective here. Our kids LOvED the Haven pool, hated the main pools. They liked that they had it pretty much to themselves, they loved that there were snacks and flavored water that they could go get themselves. Most of all, the hated the salt water of the other pools and appreciated that the Haven pool was chlorinated and that they could swim there anytime (we sailed in November when it was a bit chilly a few days)

Edited by conandrob240

We love the aft. Have stayed in the Haven itself several times and to be honest, I actually prefer the aft. It's just as quiet back there, the huge balconies are to die for (not to mention the cabins!) and no hassle with the elevators (it can be a long ride up to deck 16 and 17 on the Away ships when most everyone else is stopping below that). Yes, you're gonna walk a distance to get to the Haven restaurant, pool or bar, but, even that was actually a plus for us as we could work off a few of those extra pounds that always seem to accumulate while on a cruise. And there are what? about 15 bars between the aft and the Haven lounge to get that drink? It all comes down to personal preference.

Yep...our thoughts as well! We've done the H6 afts of the Breakaway and Getaway with the Escape booked! Tough to cruise any other way! :o

...and never received any dirty looks.

It amazes me that anyone would take a dirty look from someone else in the Haven. My kids, while respectful and not especially exuberant, have every right to be there... period.

They loved the pool, the hot tub, and the whole area for the same reasons as another poster said above. PLUS the Haven pool always seemed much warmer than the main pools, which were often freezing.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

Having stayed in the Aft penthouse and a 2 bedroom suite I can say both were great for different reasons. The aft balcony is amazing and we spent most of our time on it. We traveled in December and since we were aft we had no winds and could still lie out and sunbath on our return on Saturday in the morning, by afternoon it was too cold. We really did not use the Haven area as much as we would have liked because we did not feel like making the hike up to see if the swimming area and hot tubs were full.

The 2 bedroom suite won us over. The living room was bigger. The extra bedroom was great. The second bathroom in the 2 bedroom is bigger, but we loved being close to the Haven. We could easily check and see how busy the area was. Many times while just walking by we would see that no one was in the area and change and go up to have the pool to ourselves. If you have the drink package having the Haven bar close is great. We never waited more that 2 or 3 minutes to get a drink.The advantages of being in the Haven were better for us than the huge aft balcony.

Yeah that ^^^^^

I was trying to decide between a 2bed and a aft suite on Escape.

1. I knew I would enjoy relaxing in The Haven over my own super awesome balcony.

2.The convenience of being right by the Haven Pool, restaurant and Lounge. Making it a easier place for the kids to find me after they run off to do slides all day. Sure they will swim in the Haven pool but not much.

3. Separate bedroom and bath for the kids (14,12 when we sail)

4. Living room for the night owls to hang out in.

5. Price difference was not that much after making the jump from a Mini to a suite. The 2 bed is 516 sqft vs 430 sqft on Getaway, so I assume the sizes will be the same on Escape

Don't let other people ruin your vacation with dirty looks, its their issue not yours. You should see the looks my kids have gotten when we have flown first class. I expect we might get the same looks in the Haven. If they didn't want kids in Haven they wouldn't have made 2 bed FAMILY villas.