Summit July 12th cruise

stevetod

Well just returned from the July 12th sailing and have to say we lucked out. The weather for the Bermuda stay was sunny all three days.

Captain Leo took us north to the Statue of Liberty which appears to be the norm now. After the Breakaway passed us we followed it out to sea.

Once again the service level provided was first class. Although the ship is getting long in the teeth it is still in good shape. The Summit received a surprise health inspection on the 12th and were very proud to receive a perfect 100 score which is hard to achieve.

Shows were the same three production shows which are okay. They had not one but two comic shows. They also did the Liars game which is adult only and for good reason.

The main dining room dinner each night was actually very good. The breakfast not so good. The service is slow and coffee is hit and miss on whether you get a hot cup or warm one.

We had Aqua last year and Concierge this year. So no Blu and I really missed breakfast at Blu which was a step up with faster service.

As usual at night the popular drinking spot is the Martini bar and for good reason. Get bartenders and a wide choice of Martini's. Our room 8167 was nice and quiet in the aft section and the A/C was cold. Matter of fact never did run into hot spots that some cruisers have brought up unless you are standing by the doors leading out to the deck on 4.

The new terminal makes boarding great now with no need for buses. Had the premium drink package so enjoyed the benefits!

Steve

Thanks for the review. We will be sailing on the Summit and with Celebrity for the first time in a couple of weeks. Having never been on Celebrity, can you tell me which nights are the formal nights? We don't dress up to go out much at home but enjoy dressing up on the cruise formal nights. I'm assuming they will be on sea days but not 100% sure.

Thanks for your review! Glad you had a good time. I had noticed the forecast had all three days as raining the whole time so I was a bit nervous for you guys! I'm so happy to hear you ended up w/ nice weather :)