Coffee, Brewed Coffee, Expresso based????

St Paul Girl

Hi Everyone:

I have reading a lot about "coffee cards", Espresso based coffees, "brewed" coffee versus "regular" coffees, etc.

If we are having breakfast, what will be served? Trying to figure out how to get the best regular coffee, but not mass produced in the large coffee makers.

The coffee cards allow unlimited brewed coffee, I just don't know where all of this is available.

Thanks from a very serious coffee drinkers!

It depends upon what ship you're on, and how picky you are about your coffee. In the buffet area on most ships, the coffee they serve is prepared using a reconstituted syrup. Some people don't mind it - I myself find it weak. We usually head to the International Cafe (or the Patisserie on some ships) in the morning for a cup brewed fresh from ground coffee.

As you note, the Coffee Card allows you unlimited cups of fresh brewed for that voyage. It also is good for 15 espresso-based beverages, also avialble from the IC, or we like one after dinner in the MDR or specialty restaurant.

It depends upon what ship you're on, and how picky you are about your coffee. In the buffet area on most ships, the coffee they serve is prepared using a reconstituted syrup. Some people don't mind it - I myself find it weak. We usually head to the International Cafe (or the Patisserie on some ships) in the morning for a cup brewed fresh from ground coffee.

As you note, the Coffee Card allows you unlimited cups of fresh brewed for that voyage. It also is good for 15 espresso-based beverages, also avialble from the IC, or we like one after dinner in the MDR or specialty restaurant.

Thank you for the response. In the MDR, will the servers get you a Cappuccino for breakfast, lunch or after dinner? Do they serve the "brewed" coffee in the MDR?

Thanks again and Happy Cruising

One "Princess secret" if you are a full suite passenger on the Regal or Royal is, they have one of those $6000 coffee making machines in the concierge lounge. I saw the grounds on top. I had no coffee card--and so many decaf macchiatos, that my stateroom john and I were on a first-name basis.

Thank you for the response. In the MDR, will the servers get you a Cappuccino for breakfast, lunch or after dinner? Do they serve the "brewed" coffee in the MDR?

Thanks again and Happy Cruising

Yes, you can get Cappuccino in the DR at any meal. There is a charge, or it will cost one punch on a coffee card. Not certain if waiters will go to the International Cafe to get a cup of "brewed coffee." On most ships the IC is only near the the mid ship deck 5 DR.

Do the cards ever expire?

If they have punches left you can still use them on subsequent cruises, however the unlimited brewed is supposed to be for the cruise it is purchased on. There is a space on the back for them to write the ship and voyage number. But sometimes they don't.

Hi Everyone:

I have reading a lot about "coffee cards", Espresso based coffees, "brewed" coffee versus "regular" coffees, etc.

If we are having breakfast, what will be served? Trying to figure out how to get the best regular coffee, but not mass produced in the large coffee makers.

The coffee cards allow unlimited brewed coffee, I just don't know where all of this is available.

Thanks from a very serious coffee drinkers!

"Premium" brewed coffee was available to us for breakfast in the MDR but the head waiter had to have someone get it for us. I hope they will do this on all ships. We were afforded this while on the Island Princess.

Since then I just usually take Starbucks via packets which really aren't too bad.

stop by the IC on the way to breakfast, if I hadn't already gotten it ealier.

I brought a large reuseable thermal cup and

would bring it to breakfast if we weren't headed out on an excursion.

Bernadette