Just off Oasis...lots of questions...help!

Legit questions and comments whether I agree with them or not (and, btw, I do agree with a lot). That's what CC is for----questions, comments, opinions, and RESPECT!!! Don't know why people have to be so mean when someone questions something! Some people jump to the conclusion that the OP is being negative or complaining or slamming their precious RCCL! I get where you're coming from! I can tell you had a great time and these were some things you were wondering about and reflecting on! Good Grief! People need to relax!

OK, I found one on your list that I will agree with...

During my last couple of cruises they were playing club-type music even around breakfast time (7am - 9am). It's not because I'm too old, not familiar with, or don't occasionally listen to that kind of music. I'm younger than the median age of cruisers on the Oasis and have a wide variety of music that I listen to, but there's a time and place for everything. Just my preference, but if I'm on a cruise I would prefer steel drums or some other type of island music in the mornings and into the afternoons. Maybe they play club/dance music to get people drinking, but if there's steel drums, Kenny Chesney, Jimmy Buffett or a live reggae band playing, I'll hang around and enjoy quite a few drinks.

I second this! Give me some steel drums and/or a reggae/rasta band and I'm a happy, pool-side, rum-sipping chair dweller. Kenny Chesney too, as long as it's from his "island" phase (Old Blue Chair, Key Lime Pie, Island Boy, etc), and none of the songs about his tractor.

Well thanks so much. That's exactly what I was trying to say!

Yes, I don't look at TV much either but I do like to watch GMA or the Today Show in the morning and was curious as to why Royal doesn't have that available.

The solarium pool was REALLY crowded too. I don't think any line has a pool that can truly accommodate all guests.

Yes, I still like getting dressed up but it really surprised me how many didn't. Just a change from 6 months ago, but maybe it's the ship or the time of year.

Yes, purchase the package for the WIFI. You'll be glad you did!

Thanks for the kind reply.

Might have something to do with the time of the year. Summer = more families/teenagers/kids = maybe less dressing up?

I was on the Oasis 5/23 and there were plenty of people dressed up for formal night. Sure, there were some people that weren't, but I don't really pay attention to that anyway.

RCI does not have a contract with ABC/CBS/FOX so any shows that are being broadcast on those channels can not be shown. They do show HLN in the mornings with Robin Mead and ESPN and ESPN2.

Do you know when or why they don't have the partnership with CBS any longer? I'm curious as to what happened. I also have no idea of how Carnival (and I don't like them at all) managed to get ABC, CBS, and NBC onboard.

But in your first sentence you said that you've been on this class of ship 5 times and this most recent cruise was the first since the redo. Since there are 2 only ships in this class, I'm surprised that you even asked some of the questions that you did since you say you notice details.

Well I have been on them five times. Just never voiced any of those questions.

Do you know when or why they don't have the partnership with CBS any longer? I'm curious as to what happened. I also have no idea of how Carnival (and I don't like them at all) managed to get ABC, CBS, and NBC onboard.

No I don't. I don't think they ever had a partnership with CBS but they did with FOX, and that partnership was canceled in the last 2 years.

Since ESPN and ABC are affiliated, every now and then if a sporting event is on ABC, it will be shown on ESPN on the ship.

No I don't. I don't think they ever had a partnership with CBS but they did with FOX, and that partnership was canceled in the last 2 years.

Since ESPN and ABC are affiliated, every now and then if a sporting event is on ABC, it will be shown on ESPN on the ship.

They had Eye on CBS for a while and I thought that was their partnership. I don't know when that ended.

To the OP.....Did you check out the Solarium pool? It was not crowded on our two Oasis cruises and no kids allowed.

Oh yes, of course. There were around 40 people in the solarium pool when I last counted.

They had Eye on CBS for a while and I thought that was their partnership. I don't know when that ended.

Yes, I do remember that. I could be wrong, but what was shown was pre-recorded and nothing was live. I remember Craig Ferguson doing the intros for that.

Yes, I do remember that. I could be wrong, but what was shown was pre-recorded and nothing was live. I remember Craig Ferguson doing the intros for that.

After thinking about this a little more I thought the program was called Eye on Royal and it wasn't associated with any particular network.

After thinking about this a little more I thought the program was called Eye on Royal and it wasn't associated with any particular network.

Patti, the "Eye" in "Eye on Royal Caribbean" referred to the CBS logo (the CBS Eye) and the shows that Craig Ferguson introduced were all CBS staples.

Patti, the "Eye" in "Eye on Royal Caribbean" referred to the CBS logo (the CBS Eye) and the shows that Craig Ferguson introduced were all CBS staples.

Thanks Bill. Jim and I were talking about it at dinner and he reminded me that it was CBS. :)

Gotta love CC, you can always count on someone to cut you down. You always have the right to ask questions or make comments and if someone doesn't like it they can just move on. Glad to see your questions, sure they will help others.

You beat me to it. I was going to ask the same question. Why get off the ship with questions?

Perhaps you can't read. I DID ask the questions onboard and didn't get any answers.

Asparagus is a number one vegetable to eat, as it is an anti-inflammatory vegetable. you can usually recognize the girls who have eaten theirs, they are the skinny ones poolside.

Ha Ha! That's funny! I just thought it odd...someone told me onboard that it was a cheap vegetable so that's why they use it often. It's not just Royal, from what I recall it's pretty much every line yet I don't see it used in restaurants that often. I just thought it odd, nothing else. Most places around here use broccoli for everything so I thought maybe there was some reason specifically for that.