Laundry facility onboard the Journey

gypsy lady

The laundry on Quest, so assuming Journey is the same, had 2 ironing boards & 2 irons and about 4-6 washing machines that had an automatic detergent dispenser on each & about the same amount of dryers. The laundry is located on deck 7 and is open between the hours of 8am & 9pm. The lock on the door is set on a timer, so don't wait for someone to walk along & unlock the door (who would have done such a stupid thing??!!). The best time to get a machine is on popular port days or on changeover days if you are on a b2b.

Beware people change when they need to launder their clothes, some of the most passionate discussions happen in the laundry!

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if the laundry room onboard the Journey has a ironing board and iron for passenger use? Also will I need detergent or is that provided?

Thanks,

Gypsylady

Hi gypsy lady, Yes to all your questions!

The laundry on Quest, so assuming Journey is the same, had 2 ironing boards & 2 irons and about 4-6 washing machines that had an automatic detergent dispenser on each & about the same amount of dryers. The laundry is located on deck 7 and is open between the hours of 8am & 9pm. The lock on the door is set on a timer, so don't wait for someone to walk along & unlock the door (who would have done such a stupid thing??!!). The best time to get a machine is on popular port days or on changeover days if you are on a b2b.

Beware people change when they need to launder their clothes, some of the most passionate discussions happen in the laundry!

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Either get there really the first thing in the AM...or go on a port day...or go during dinner...or...good luck!! As mentioned....things can get "passionate"!!! :D:cool::eek: LuAnn

Why not save yourself the time and effort and use the "stuff a bag" laundry service for about $20 I think. You can get loads of stuff in the bag and it all comes back pressed and looking nice.

When I'm on a cruise I know I have better things to spend my time on than doing laundry! :D

Yes, you can overide the ship's detergent. Just don't push the detergent button when you start the machine. We usually bring our own traveling detergent when traveling.

Why not save yourself the time and effort and use the "stuff a bag" laundry service for about $20 I think. You can get loads of stuff in the bag and it all comes back pressed and looking nice.

When I'm on a cruise I know I have better things to spend my time on than doing laundry! :D

I'm always afraid to do that because I don't know what kind of detergent they use and what kind of effect it will have on him. He can be really miserable (itchy) if his clothes are washed in the wrong detergent.

Yes, you can overide the ship's detergent. Just don't push the detergent button when you start the machine. We usually bring our own traveling detergent when traveling.

Oh that is so good to know. Thank you!

And, whatever you do, don't push the detergent button more than once or you'll recreate a memorable scene from the movie Mr. Roberts.;)

Thanks everyone, this info is great...one more question, do we actually know that the "Stuff a Bag" cost is $20 and it comes back pressed? Or is this not accurate now? Can anyone answer this?

Thanks,

Gypsylady

It definitely comes back very nicely pressed. I can't remember the exact price but it was around $20 in late 2014. To be honest, I think it's such good value that I don't look anymore! You can also send single items as well.

I understand your husband's problems with itchy skin and the need to use a special detergent but I have to say that I have very sensitive skin and can't use many detergents, shower gels etc but I have never had a problem on Azamara.

It definitely comes back very nicely pressed. I can't remember the exact price but it was around $20 in late 2014. To be honest, I think it's such good value that I don't look anymore! You can also send single items as well.

I understand your husband's problems with itchy skin and the need to use a special detergent but I have to say that I have very sensitive skin and can't use many detergents, shower gels etc but I have never had a problem on Azamara.

Thanks so very much for the additional info.

Gypsylady