Cruising Carnival with Inlaws from England-Help!

TexBrit1969

We are wanting to plan a surprise group cruise when my inlaws come to visit us from England in the Spring. We will be cruising out of Galveston, most likely to Western Carribean. What kind of hoops am I going to need to jump thru for them to go on this trip? They will of course have their passports, but I'm wondering if anyone else here has had experience cruising with non US Citizens?

When my husband and I cruised on the Carnival Conquest several years ago, he was not, at that time (he now is!) A US Citizen. He had his British Passport and his permanent resident status that allowed him to be here, and there were no issues whatsover. However, his parents will only have their British Passports, so I'm worried if we will even be able to make this happen.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Just check to see if any of the islands you are visiting have any rules about Visas for folks from the UK.

Google will help you find out about that if you just put in the name of the island /UK citizen.

I don't think there is anything else special to do.

Edited by riffatsea

I should have clarified why I was anticipating problems.My TA called Carnival today because it's a group cruise and of course to clarify a few things. Every time she tried to ask a question about Non-US citizens cruising, she just repeatedly got a canned response from the rep "We can only verify for US Citizens".

I should have clarified why I was anticipating problems.My TA called Carnival today because it's a group cruise and of course to clarify a few things. Every time she tried to ask a question about Non-US citizens cruising, she just repeatedly got a canned response from the rep "We can only verify for US Citizens".

In your best interest I think you need to speak directly with CCL. And I would get an email to verify. If you still feel worried call and talk with CCL again, as I've read where people get different answers each time they call. I guess this doesn't really help, but I hope you can pull it off. It would an AWSOME surprise....

I don't think they should have any problems. That being said, I would double check with Carnival. Email cclsupport@carnival.com and they forward it to the correct department to answer your question. Do not call the 1-800 number as you might not get the correct answer and/or get a different answer from someone else!

In your best interest I think you need to speak directly with CCL. And I would get an email to verify. If you still feel worried call and talk with CCL again, as I've read where people get different answers each time they call. I guess this doesn't really help, but I hope you can pull it off. It would an AWSOME surprise....

I know from personal experiences with Carnival not to deal with the 1-800 phone reps. Email instead.

IIRC they'll need the ESTA to get into the U.S.

They'll need to check the British equivalent of our travel.state.gov for anything else they'll need.

Edited by SadieN

Hi we are English and board the boat with our passports only.

Have never needed a visa for any of the islands or Mexico we have visited from a cruise.

I can't see what issues you would experience, your in laws will have their passports and the Esta is valid for 2 years with multiple entries.

It will be an amazing surprise

I go cruising with my British aunt all the time. There is absolutely no issues. They just need their passports. No need for visas anywhere. Except to get in to US. They have to get the travel waver to ho to US $14 each that lasts for 2 years.

I'm British, there are no issues as none of the Caribbean countries require a visa for cruises (one day entry to the country) for British passengers, just like American passengers.

Just a note though, we have been asked to provide details of our departure from the us on debarkation by us customs. I always have copies of my itinerary and ticket confirmation emails and such. Even when it's a cruise, customs can get 'suspicious' of non us citizens leaving and entering the country multiple times lol

I know that it's a surprise, but please think about asking them about their insurance. As repatriation from a cruise in the caribbean is a separate thing from travel insurance for the us.

Hope it all goes well, have a blast!

We are wanting to plan a surprise group cruise when my inlaws come to visit us from England in the Spring. We will be cruising out of Galveston, most likely to Western Carribean. What kind of hoops am I going to need to jump thru for them to go on this trip? They will of course have their passports, but I'm wondering if anyone else here has had experience cruising with non US Citizens?

When my husband and I cruised on the Carnival Conquest several years ago, he was not, at that time (he now is!) A US Citizen. He had his British Passport and his permanent resident status that allowed him to be here, and there were no issues whatsover. However, his parents will only have their British Passports, so I'm worried if we will even be able to make this happen.

I didn't take the chance. We let them take care of all their requirement to avoid any issues. I realize that flies in the face of you wanting to surprise them.