Jim Berra "Jumps ship"

Tom-n-Cheryl

Looks like the VIFP architect has made a career move.

ARTICLE

I chatted with him a few times regarding the program (before/after) and found him to be friendly and helpful.

It was 3 years ago this month that the new program (which added the Diamond tier and other top-bottom changes) rolled out. Guess we'll all just sit back and see what changes are made, and when -- though I wouldn't hold my breath !

Still waiting to see what they have in store for keeping tabs on point tracking -- the fact that CRUISE DAY POINTS and VIFP POINTS are both listed in our profiles -- yet, thus far, they're the same number. Eventually they'll either do away with the dual approach or add options to bolster the count via partnership agreements or, like virtually ALL other lines do, add in additional credit for those in higher category cabins.

Tom

Thanks for sharing, Tom. Carnival's brilliant Brand Ambassador has been eluding to more VIFP changes for a while now. I will be interested to see what's next for the evolving rewards program.

The loyal Royals had better watch there reward program. Free drinks may end up BOGO or loose them completely. :eek:

Well let's hope not. The Crown and Anchor perks are what drew me in (and keep me coming back) to RCI. Carnival cutting back on perks was also was a big factor in the switch.

I don't cruise for past guest perks, but they do sway my decision on what line gets my hard earned ducats.

He can market all he likes, as long as he keeps his hands off of C&A! :D

Well let's hope not. The Crown and Anchor perks are what drew me in (and keep me coming back) to RCI. Carnival cutting back on perks was also was a big factor in the switch.

I don't cruise for past guest perks, but they do sway my decision on what line gets my hard earned ducats.

Good luck with that interesting to see what they have him doing.

So is that drink you owe me (to be realized on the Enchantment soon!) something I'll get in the Concierge Lounge ;) -- just noticed you were D+. We're in an OS, so we'll be in there each evening (well, 2 of 3 at any rate). We're giving Dune a try in Nassau.

Tom

So is that drink you owe me (to be realized on the Enchantment soon!) something I'll get in the Concierge Lounge ;) -- just noticed you were D+. We're in an OS, so we'll be in there each evening (well, 2 of 3 at any rate). We're giving Dune a try in Nassau.

Tom

See you there! Hopefully Carlington is still the Concierge on that cruise. He may be gone on vacation by then, he's not sure the exact date yet. My wife and I are friends with him, super nice guy.

What's Dune?

See you there! Hopefully Carlington is still the Concierge on that cruise. He may be gone on vacation by then, he's not sure the exact date yet. My wife and I are friends with him, super nice guy.

What's Dune?

I linked to it in the roll call. It's a Jean-Georges restaurant on Paradise Island that Cheryl has wanted to try for years.

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

I book insides when I cruise solo, but now with Carnival I have to pay for the person who isn't there as the 200% supplement is mostly in force.

Your proposal would actually benefit me and other solo cruisers, as we would get credit for paying for that non-existing person.

I also cruise most of the time solo. While I am ok with paying the double occupancy rate by the deadline date, I still disagree with the idea that I have to pay double deposits when I book the cruise. The other cruise line I have sailed on does not require double deposits. I could book another cruise with the other deposit!

This is an interesting development regarding the loyalty program. Let's see what happens.

I also cruise most of the time solo. While I am ok with paying the double occupancy rate by the deadline date, I still disagree with the idea that I have to pay double deposits when I book the cruise. The other cruise line I have sailed on does not require double deposits. I could book another cruise with the other deposit!

This is an interesting development regarding the loyalty program. Let's see what happens.

While he did not meet my expectations (based upon where he came from before Carnival) I am not sure I would view his leaving as a strong potential for the loyalty program getting better......

I believe Mr. Berra was responsible for the decision made a few years ago to stop publishing a printed catalog of cruises. I and others complained about this since Carnival's competitors still had printed material available. Eventually, a new catalog was printed, but a more current one seems unavailable, again.

I am not sure that his departure is a loss for Carnival Cruise Line or for Carnival Corporation.

While he did not meet my expectations (based upon where he came from before Carnival) I am not sure I would view his leaving as a strong potential for the loyalty program getting better......

This is CCL dont count on it LOL

:D:D

This would be BRILLIANT :D

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/msc/loyalty-match-program.aspx

:D

There are some who post here who are currently putting that to the test. We will see. MSC is a very interesting company. We sailed them a few years back and while they had their pluses, they had a long way to go. They are putting gobs of money into new ships, I can say that. We will see where the loyalty match ends up.

There are some who post here who are currently putting that to the test. We will see. MSC is a very interesting company. We sailed them a few years back and while they had their pluses, they had a long way to go. They are putting gobs of money into new ships, I can say that. We will see where the loyalty match ends up.

I Resemble dat remark:D:D