Where to complain

yorkyred

Would anyone know where you make a formal complaint with Celebrity ? They have ignored all contact and still owe me nearly £1400 despite stating it would be refunded with 7/10 working days. I'm at the point of thinking about now stepping things up given the confirmation of cancellation was the 30th June.

Was your refund through your credit card company?

Celiberity's always done the refunds to our card in a timely manner, but different cards post the returns at their own pace. However, I am in the USA and service may differ.

If it is through a card, have you called your card company to ask if the refund was made but not yet posted?

Was your refund through your credit card company?

Celiberity's always done the refunds to our card in a timely manner, but different cards post the returns at their own pace. However, I am in the USA and service may differ.

If it is through a card, have you called your card company to ask if the refund was made but not yet posted?

It's not been refunded, my wife works for the bank involved.

It's not been refunded, my wife works for the bank involved.

I'd have your wife check with the bank about whether it's too late to dispute the original credit card charge. I prefer to exhaust my other options first, but that always seems to get the ball moving for me.

{Not sure if the rules are different outside of the US}

Jane

Would anyone know where you make a formal complaint with Celebrity ? They have ignored all contact and still owe me nearly £1400 despite stating it would be refunded with 7/10 working days. I'm at the point of thinking about now stepping things up given the confirmation of cancellation was the 30th June.

Just a thought: Have you spoken to Celebrity's Accounts Department? They are easy to get through to: just select the option "do you want to make a payment" and check you have the accounts department. They should be able to tell you if anyone has requested a refund to you and, if they have, if there is a reason for the delay.

I have always found the accounts department very efficient but they have to work with an antiquated system. I am not suggesting that you do not escalate the issue but it would help to know if the problem is before or after the accounts department.

Just a thought: Have you spoken to Celebrity's Accounts Department? They are easy to get through to: just select the option "do you want to make a payment" and check you have the accounts department. They should be able to tell you if anyone has requested a refund to you and, if they have, if there is a reason for the delay.

I have always found the accounts department very efficient but they have to work with an antiquated system. I am not suggesting that you do not escalate the issue but it would help to know if the problem is before or after the accounts department.

Cheers I could give that a try, the problem is Celebrity are not even stating there is an issue as they have just ignored all correspondence.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for anyone that's interested. I did finally get an email back from Celebrity on I think the 22nd stating they had made a mistake and only refunded a couple of hundred pounds, a promise was made the £1170 would be pushed through. Following that an email from concerns in Miami from a senior sales exec a week ago stating the money would be refunded by last Monday and to contact them if it did not happen. So guess what, no money on Monday and email sent. Well no reply and as of now still no refund of the majority of our money. So remember we cancelled on the 30th June with a promise of a refund in 7/10 working days and tomorrow is 1st August and we're still waiting.

I know this does not effect anyone else but it shows really shoddy service from Celebrity and for an upmarket brand ? I leave it for others to make their mind up.

I am so sorry you still have not gotten your problem resolved.

Have you tried this e-mail address: CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com

Please keep us updated on your progress. Good luck.

Not as yet, to be honest I was giving " Concerns " a chance given they posted for details from us on here. I've stated if it's not in shortly I will cancel our November cruise and look at taking further advice, I've just lost faith in Celebrity given the shoddy service.

I give a company one chance when it comes to credit card refunds.

If they fail to meet their promise, I immediately dispute with my credit card, and then X has to deal directly with them, and my money is back in my account immediately until the company can prove otherwise.

Sometimes companies fail to provide appropriate documentation, and we keep the money, due to their incompetence.

I had a $75 charge recently from X that I disputed, they gave the Card company some nonsense backup for the charge, and I won the claim. End of day determined a travel agency (i no longer use) billed a cancellation fee thru Celebrity and X had no documentation nor my signature authorizing that charge.

I use the Credit Card dispute process often, it's there for my protection.

Just an update for anyone that's interested. I did finally get an email back from Celebrity on I think the 22nd stating they had made a mistake and only refunded a couple of hundred pounds, a promise was made the £1170 would be pushed through. Following that an email from concerns in Miami from a senior sales exec a week ago stating the money would be refunded by last Monday and to contact them if it did not happen. So guess what, no money on Monday and email sent. Well no reply and as of now still no refund of the majority of our money. So remember we cancelled on the 30th June with a promise of a refund in 7/10 working days and tomorrow is 1st August and we're still waiting.

I know this does not effect anyone else but it shows really shoddy service from Celebrity and for an upmarket brand ? I leave it for others to make their mind up.

I agree with you that it is totally unacceptable and, also, that someone in Miami should promise something that does not happen. However, when I read that part of your post, I already knew what the next part would say. From experience, if a full refund was ordered by Miami at this time last week, I do not believe that the UK accounting system would be capable of producing it.

I am not saying that the accounting system is acceptable or excusing anyone at Celebrity only that I wish that there was some more understanding between Miami and the UK - in all areas.

I really hope that I am correct and you will see you refund early next week. If you have incurred any expenses with this delay [i know you have mentioned the cost of phone calls but, perhaps, you have also incurred interest charges] claim these from Celebrity as well.

On top of all the frustrations, I object strongly that Celebrity UK expect customers to make phone call which cost the caller money. I know from posts on Cruise Critic that American customers would not stand for this.

I agree with you that it is totally unacceptable and, also, that someone in Miami should promise something that does not happen. However, when I read that part of your post, I already knew what the next part would say. From experience, if a full refund was ordered by Miami at this time last week, I do not believe that the UK accounting system would be capable of producing it.

I am not saying that the accounting system is acceptable or excusing anyone at Celebrity only that I wish that there was some more understanding between Miami and the UK - in all areas.

I really hope that I am correct and you will see you refund early next week. If you have incurred any expenses with this delay [i know you have mentioned the cost of phone calls but, perhaps, you have also incurred interest charges] claim these from Celebrity as well.

On top of all the frustrations, I object strongly that Celebrity UK expect customers to make phone call which cost the caller money. I know from posts on Cruise Critic that American customers would not stand for this.

The refund was actually processed from the team in the UK on the 22nd June ( or it was promised it was) but Miami were informed because of my email to " concerns" who passed the information on to them. They asked to be kept in touch if it was not through by last Monday but have ignored me since. I've contacted Miami again this morning asking for a contact to put a formal complaint to and also one I can use should I pursue further action against Celebrity.

So over a month later and still waiting.

When in England I remember seeing a column in a newspaper (the Times?) where customers could post their travel concens and they were nvestigated. I'd give that a try,although I can't imagine that it works quickly it might be effective

Saturday's Times Travel section has one featured letter a week headed 'Don't put up with this!'. They intervene and usually get things moving. Good luck with it. Very frustrating and poor service.