Gold Member Past Guest Party

Do they still have the Past Guest Party for Gold Members? Or are they just doing it now for the Platinum & Diamond? Going on the Dream. Thanks for your time!

No party. You get water. Or you can buy a 12 pack for 2.99. So instead of a party you get something worth 23 cents.

No party. You get water. Or you can buy a 12 pack for 2.99. So instead of a party you get something worth 23 cents.

Also get a free drink coupon to be used on last evening. So it's more like $9.23. The drink was a win for me since I never attended the over crowded parties anyway.

For some, this is more than they deserve for their "loyalty".

Keep spreadin' that sunshine - it sure brightens everyone's day.

Just a two cents here.. By the time you've had your couple of drinks at the party it would amount to the coupon for the free drink in most cases. I really wish people would stop their wining... If it's that big of a deal.. Get yourself to platinum and stuff a sock in it.

Wow, when did they do away with the Past Guest party for Gold Members? Must have been recently, I was on the Fascination last year and got an invite.

It went in effect mid-May. We cruised the Triumph on June 1 and it was in place then. It was not in place Feb 14 on the Magic.

Edited by BallFour4

I think it is simple business economics. You have so many ships that are larger carrying more passengers and have been doing this for so many years and cruisers have one of the highest return rates and now too many people have earned the rewards. Not that I'm happy about it but I do understand. So I will take my gold free drink and be happy.

Actually, it's a liter bottle that you get free. Not the smaller bottles for 23 cents. So, more like 46 cents, and that's all maybe some whiners deserve.

I am sure glad I am Platinum already so I don't sound like a whiner. Are you really booking a cruise just for the few drinks you get at a 45 minute party?

Edited by HawkIVette

Actually, it's a liter bottle that you get free. Not the smaller bottles for 23 cents. So, more like 46 cents, and that's all maybe some whiners deserve.

I am sure glad I am Platinum already so I don't sound like a whiner. Are you really booking a cruise just for the few drinks you get at a 45 minute party?

I stand corrected. $.46

To get your free drink, it's has to be on a 5 day cruise. I'm going on a 4 day next week. I'm trying to understand their reasoning in not giving you a free drink on a 4 day cruise. Any insights?

Theres no past guest party on less than 5 day sailings so that might be the rationale.

I have been invited to 8 past guest parties. Now for my tenth cruise we are persona non grata. LOL, it doesn't bother me because we only ever attended a few of them, and did not find them to be much of a party anyway.

What I do find interesting is the complete failure of someone at Carnival to realize the public relations hit they would take from this. They may have been ok if they offered a free drink anytime during the cruise. Nope, someone decided to remove the party for a large group of customers and then rub it in their face with a restricted coupon. They are not fooling anyone, we know the coupon is restricted so fewer will be redeemed.

This all leads me to believe that the real motive behind this has less to do with the number of guests showing up foe the party, and much more about the number of free drinks being served during that 45min.

I have been invited to 8 past guest parties. Now for my tenth cruise we are persona non grata. LOL, it doesn't bother me because we only ever attended a few of them, and did not find them to be much of a party anyway.

What I do find interesting is the complete failure of someone at Carnival to realize the public relations hit they would take from this. They may have been ok if they offered a free drink anytime during the cruise. Nope, someone decided to remove the party for a large group of customers and then rub it in their face with a restricted coupon. They are not fooling anyone, we know the coupon is restricted so fewer will be redeemed.

This all leads me to believe that the real motive behind this has less to do with the number of guests showing up foe the party, and much more about the number of free drinks being served during that 45min.

Again we are subjected to the "BIG BAD WOLF" theory. Of course the change is about economics....if a cruise ship sales with 400 platinum cruisers I would guess that it is also sailing with double that many golds. That isn't a party...its a free for all.

Again we are subjected to the "BIG BAD WOLF" theory. Of course the change is about economics....if a cruise ship sales with 400 platinum cruisers I would guess that it is also sailing with double that many golds. That isn't a party...its a free for all.

Of course it's about economics. That's the point of my post. btw, what exactly is the "BIG BAD WOLF" theory?

I just wish Carnival had given me the chance to experience one or two packed past guest parties so I could be more understanding. The only party I was invited to before the change was in a half-empty comedy lounge. Without golds, there would have been maybe ten people there. :confused:

The problem with the coupon is that the restrictions are so ridiculous that it's too obviously an attempt to drastically reduce the number of people who use it. After 5 p.m. on the last night, when most people are packing and getting ready for long drives or flights in the morning? At least with the former coupons, it could be argued that Carnival wanted to encourage people to try the brunch.

What happens when all of the gold member turn platinum????? How about this. Invites go to anyone with 75 or more days at sea. At least that would level the playing field for everyone.

What happens when all of the gold member turn platinum????? How about this. Invites go to anyone with 75 or more days at sea. At least that would level the playing field for everyone.

Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually eliminated the party citing lack of participation.

It would have made more sense and been a better gesture in my opinion if they had decided to give two parties. One for plats and one for us peon golds. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I just wish Carnival had given me the chance to experience one or two packed past guest parties so I could be more understanding. The only party I was invited to before the change was in a half-empty comedy lounge. Without golds, there would have been maybe ten people there. :confused:

The problem with the coupon is that the restrictions are so ridiculous that it's too obviously an attempt to drastically reduce the number of people who use it. After 5 p.m. on the last night, when most people are packing and getting ready for long drives or flights in the morning? At least with the former coupons, it could be argued that Carnival wanted to encourage people to try the brunch.

We went once--it was not worth the time. :rolleyes:

We'll take the present offer any day of the week. :)

Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually eliminated the party citing lack of participation.

It would have made more sense and been a better gesture in my opinion if they had decided to give two parties. One for plats and one for us peon golds. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

You are correct. Since overcrowding is the reason given for the switch, just have 2 parties.