Island: Post re-fit; Vista A726/727 vs Prem B742/745

scanditaly

These deck plan descriptions and photo montages of the recent re-fitting of the aft section on the Island leave me wondering about the two cabin types presented.

The A726-727 cabins are classified as vista suites, with wrap-around balconies, while the Baja deck premium cabins are side facing, with an aft view.

My question is: Does anyone have any photo or specific information about the actual cabin layout and/or size? Having been on the Sapphire/Emerald and Grand, I learned that the vista suites had/have the same layout, but were a bit narrower....

Would appreciate any info that anyone has.

Lisa

These deck plan descriptions and photo montages of the recent re-fitting of the aft section on the Island leave me wondering about the two cabin types presented.

The A726-727 cabins are classified as vista suites, with wrap-around balconies, while the Baja deck premium cabins are side facing, with an aft view.

My question is: Does anyone have any photo or specific information about the actual cabin layout and/or size? Having been on the Sapphire/Emerald and Grand, I learned that the vista suites had/have the same layout, but were a bit narrower....

Would appreciate any info that anyone has.

Lisa

See this discussion: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127734&page=37

there are actual pictures of the aft of the Island - the map on the Princess web site is not the same as what they did. By looking at the images in post 723, you can easily see which cabins have a wrap balcony and the relative size of the balconies.

Edited by RSF Cruiser

See this discussion: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127734&page=37

there are actual pictures of the aft of the Island - the map on the Princess web site is not the same as what they did. By looking at the images in post 723, you can easily see which cabins have a wrap balcony and the relative size of the balconies.

Thank you RSF for posting; I covered the thread you referenced ad nauseaum and even called Princess asking about the square footage of the cabins. She was able to tell me that both cabins, the S6 and the S5 are the same square footage, and the reason that they are differentiated is the location.

I still would really love to see the layout....assuming it is different from the usual suite layout on Princess ships.

• 2 years later...