Concierge ??

bones774

I will soon be traveling on the Breakaway. I'm a newly divorced dad with two teens. They have mixed emotions about upcoming trip and i would like to make it special. Would it be OK to give the concierge a nice tip at start of cruise and ask him/her to be mindful of my kids during the trip or would that be too "Rodney Dangerfield'ish". Thansk

What do you mean by 'mindful'?

What would you have in mind for the concierge to do?

I always think of pre-tipping as something of a bribe. Not everyone agrees but to me it feels like by pre-tipping the message is I don't think they'll do a good job for us unless I pay them in advance. That is not a 'footing' on which I want to start my cruise.

You have been raising these kids for some years now....... You will be fine

I've cruised with my 2 college kids and left spouse and younger child at home......and guess what?

12 days on the ba.....6 islands.....snorkeling....swimming....zip lining....among other stuff....

Greatest time ever with them!

IMHO just spend your time 24/7 with them and enjoy!

Btw....there will be single moms on this cruise with their kids.....

Most cruisers are very friendly and say to talk to as well

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is why i ask the question, i don't want to bribe or insult. I know the concierge has a lot of leeway in party notifications, crew/pax dinners and much more, it would be nice for the kids to be notified. Not at all about me thinking they don't do good job. I have sailed NCL several times and always enjoyed.

You have been raising these kids for some years now....... You will be fine

I've cruised with my 2 college kids and left spouse and younger child at home......and guess what?

12 days on the ba.....6 islands.....snorkeling....swimming....zip lining....among other stuff....

Greatest time ever with them!

IMHO just spend your time 24/7 with them and enjoy!

Btw....there will be single moms on this cruise with their kids.....

Most cruisers are very friendly and say to talk to as well

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thanks for the upbeat message

Just tell the concierge after you board that you may need to work with him/her for some special things for the girls. Explain what you might think they would enjoy/appreciate and ask him/her is they can think of any additional efforts that they could provide. Then at the end of the cruise, thank the concierge personally and sincerely for all that was done, have the girls also express personal appreciation..and then certainly give a nice tip for his/her services at the end of the cruise, not at the beginning. My opinion. But, assuming suite, the butler might need to be on board with your thoughts also. He/she can pamper your girls also.

I will soon be traveling on the Breakaway. I'm a newly divorced dad with two teens. They have mixed emotions about upcoming trip and i would like to make it special. Would it be OK to give the concierge a nice tip at start of cruise and ask him/her to be mindful of my kids during the trip or would that be too "Rodney Dangerfield'ish". Thansk

I think the big question is why do they have mixed emotions? Is this their first cruise? Do they not know what to expect? The need is to ease or eliminate the mixed emotions. Dedicate your time to them but don't overwhelm them with attention. At their pace, join them on the slides, do the plank with them, do the bowling alley, (don't know your age but those lanes are actually "bowling for dollars" lanes), take them on excursions they will like--whether you want to or not! You will all have fun just let it happen! The NCL staff, to include the concierge, will make your cruise special each day without any prompting. IMHO when they do just be mindful and let the staff know your appreciation. :)

Just tell the concierge after you board that you may need to work with him/her for some special things for the girls. Explain what you might think they would enjoy/appreciate and ask him/her is they can think of any additional efforts that they could provide. Then at the end of the cruise, thank the concierge personally and sincerely for all that was done, have the girls also express personal appreciation..and then certainly give a nice tip for his/her services at the end of the cruise, not at the beginning. My opinion. But, assuming suite, the butler might need to be on board with your thoughts also. He/she can pamper your girls also.

I like this one...

+1