What is the empty space on Magic

lottsomom

I'm wanting to book on the Vista deck 9 room 9211, but there is a large space next to the room. Is this a closet or the laundry room? I've tried looking up past reviews but nothing on this room. Can anyone tell me what is in this space. TIA

Not sure what that specific area is, but I know they have areas/rooms on the cabin decks for storage of housekeeping carts, cleaning items, collection of room service items, etc. I have also seen doors marked something like "electrical control room".

It is not a launderette and from the size of the space almost surely storage and /or access to the space between the interiors which is also storage.

The large blank space running between inside cabins is far more likely to be an air conditioning fan/air handler room. Large storage areas are not usual in passenger areas. The area directly in front of the OP's cabin may be housekeeping locker, a pantry (ice maker and glass washer) for the cabin stewards, or even access to a crew stairwell.

My travel agent, who has a warped sense of humor, always tries to tell me a blank space near my cabin is the dedicated space for drummers on board to have 2 AM practice sessions. :eek:

So far, he has been wrong. :D

lol Good to know he has been wrong, cause there would a visit to guest services!!

• 1 month later...

A room I was interested in had an empty space so I called carnival and asked. So glad I did as it's a housekeeping room which means (per agent) there's a lot of in and out and noisy activity. Needless to say I booked a room way in the back where almost no one will be.

It's a naughty room for naughty passengers--you know, the ones who were caught with liquor in their checked luggage, the ones caught smoking on their balconies, chair hogs, chronic complainers at Guest Services, the ones who try to save seats in the main lounge, the ones caught trying to skip muster, the kids caught with their mouths on the ice cream machines, and kids caught roaming around on deck 0. All these are locked up in the unidentified space known as the "naughty room" until debarkation.

The large blank space running between inside cabins is far more likely to be an air conditioning fan/air handler room. Large storage areas are not usual in passenger areas. The area directly in front of the OP's cabin may be housekeeping locker, a pantry (ice maker and glass washer) for the cabin stewards, or even access to a crew stairwell.

I can not speak for the Magic but on the Freedom deck 10 the area between the interior rooms was storage. I spent 12 days in stateroom 1055. Every time a loaded cart passed over the threshold of the door I heard it. One day I saw art for the auction being removed. Several time I saw cases of what looked like canned goods.

Perhaps this is not common but rather unique to our longer cruise. Whatever the circumstances it was annoying. Enough that I would not book that particular stateroom again. There are far too many other locations that I would not have to listen to that jarring sound multiple times per day.

We had a Cove Balcony last year with the blank space next to it. There are round windows looking into the area from the hallway so we could see it was full of wheelchairs. It was the quietest room we've ever had.

I guess that goes to show it can be hit or miss with those blank spaces. Probably best to hedge your bet and stay away.

We had Suite 7270 on Magic and it had an " empty space" next door. There was nothing in there at all - they had for some reason extended the suite to make it really huge. 450 square feet and 110 sq. ft balcony.

Omg we were inn7270 also. I wondered for weeks what the space was and couldn't believe that it ended being part of our cabin. It was huge!!!