Bus from Vancouver to Sea-Tec

fischymom

We will be disembarking at Vancouver on Sept 4th- I am thinking about self disembarking because I would like to catch a bus from Vancouver to Sea-Tec. Has anyone had experience with this? What bus did you use? I have found Quick Shuttle fits the closest to what we are needing. They have busses leaving at 9am, 10am, and 10:45 so we have options as to the time. Help!!!

You might inquire as to whether a transfer is offered by your cruise line. This option is not always shown as an option on cruise web sites. Call your TA or cruise line directly to inquire. Princess offers this transfer for within a few dollars of the Quick Shuttle price. This transfer is direct, unlike some of the Quick Shuttle routings. With the Princess transfer, Princess will actually load your bags directly from the ship (if you put them out the night before), to the bus. All the paperwork is done on the ship in advance. All you have to do is disembark with the others taking the bus, follow the directions of the guide, who will take the group to the bus, and get on. An additional benefit is that this bus will be "sealed" which often allows for an expedited border crossing avoiding having to debark the bus, find your bags and go through the line in the border office.

Edited by Lazy K

Would depend on what time critical reason if any you need to meet in Seattle. Quick shuttle will get you there. Would figure a 5 hour trip evrn though it is scheduled for about 4. No telling how long it will take at the border. Be prepared to get off the bus, unload your luggage, go through customs into the US and put it all back on the bus.

So the latest arrival in Seattle on the last bus would be around 3-4 pm.

I have taken Quick Shuttle a couple times. Very convenient with the Canada Place/Seatac service.

I also have used Greyhound several times, including again this year. I haven't had anything but good service with them either- at times, really good rates. BUT- it does require you to get to/from these stations (which, even with a wheelchair user, no issue for me)

That quick shuttle allowed us to be picked up at the port and delivered to Sea-Tec was a big plus for me. How have you handled getting off the ship to make it off board in time?

I just took the Quick Shuttle from Vancouver to Sea-Tac this Monday. I booked the 9am bus since it makes the least stops. It was scheduled to arrive Sea-Tac at 1:30 but we were half an hour late. There was an agent inside of the port terminal (before you walk out of the terminal door to ground transportation) to check you in. If you do self-disembarkation, it should be very simple. We walked off the ship and give them the custom form. They didn't even bother to look at our passports. If you do decide on the 9am bus, make sure you book ahead of time, there may not be any space if you just walk in that day.

As already mentioned above, Quickshuttle is ideal if all you want to do is go from Canada Place to SEA - but do check to see if your cruiseline is offering it, as not only will they have even fewer stops than QS but they will be very similarly-priced (the only price I've ever seen quoted for Princess transfers is US$39 to SEA - with our CAN$ running really low QS may be less when you compare currency...)

If you want to do some local sightseeing, and your flight is late enough at SEA, Bolt and Greyhound are going to be very cheap options (as little as $1 if you get really lucky on Bolt, but more realistically c. $20-40pp). If your flight is next day then the evening Amtrak train is definitely the most scenic option - this goes from the same station as Bolt/GH buses, only 1.5 miles from Canada Place and very easily reached on foot from Gastown/Chinatown/False Creek depending where you were doing your sightseeing. Cab from anywhere around downtown should not run more than $12-15.

CArnival does not offer a bus back to Seatac either, I checked all the options, and we ended up deciding to stay in Vancouver for a few days after the cruise, and fly home from there. See Seattle before the cruise, Vancouver after the cruise. Cause unless i hit the lottery, i wont be flying back out to Alaska anytime soon. And I want to see as much as I can.:)