Chef Curtis Stone

cheeseclan

Price of share was $39.00 I did not go. I did check out the décor and it was very high end metropolitan, contemporary. Nicer than the photo's I've seen.

The redo of the meals in the main dining room IMHO was a huge step backward. All the standby everyday choices I could choose are history. The beef wellington, gone, lobster, gone... Bottom line the food offered was just OK without a WOW factor. I was hoping for some change after years of the same menu; however, they missed the boat:eek: .

Christmas dinner was lame, the turkey was a joke. A cheap family diner has a better turkey dinner everyday of the week.

Not impressed.

framer

We've found that anytime they offer turkey the better option is always the buffet. The DR meals are usually the cookie cutter type with a few slabs of white meat thrown on the plate with a few veggies in the side.:(

While at the buffet you can ask for what you want other than the sliced white meat and add the items that you like. There were numerous choices compared to the DR. :D

Will be on the Ruby in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to eat in SHARE......and I might even be talked into the chef's table again......It sounds new, fresh and innovative...When I was in Europe, I hear more than one American complain they couldn't find good Italian food in Rome...so I imagine that many people are upset over the loss of Sabatini's....I liked that too, but the same old menu, year in and year out gets boring to me after the 6-7th time...Menus can be changed seasonally...or at least every other year?

Will be on the Ruby in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to eat in SHARE......and I might even be talked into the chef's table again......It sounds new, fresh and innovative...When I was in Europe, I hear more than one American complain they couldn't find good Italian food in Rome...so I imagine that many people are upset over the loss of Sabatini's....I liked that too, but the same old menu, year in and year out gets boring to me after the 6-7th time...Menus can be changed seasonally...or at least every other year?

Actually, we found Sabatini's to be quite mediocre, especially after visiting Italy last year!

We recently ate in the new Share Restaurant on the Ruby Princess and the experience was fantastic with the combination of contemporary ambiance, excellent service and delectable dishes.

The menu is compact as you may find in a high class restaurant on land, not too many choices to confuse you and the flavors are amazing. Each dish is unique and put together well with many components to keep your taste buds happy. The Cavetelli starter was incredible as well as the side dish of creamed leeks topped with a runny egg; I would return for those dishes alone! The main courses were cooked perfectly and although the portions are not huge I was almost full before the dessert and cheese courses. As they should be, the ingredients are top quality and innovative.

I found it refreshing to leave the restaurant more than satisfied and not bulging.

The $39 cover charge very acceptable for that meal and you would hard-pressed to find that quality and service for that price anywhere else.

I find the service on Princess excellent in general and there was no exception to the rule in Share. The staff were very knowledgeable in both food and wine and helpful when choosing from the menu, making recommendations or just explaining in detail the dishes.

It was a perfect evening and I look forward to my next cruise on a ship with this fantastic new addition.

We recently ate in the new Share Restaurant on the Ruby Princess and the experience was fantastic with the combination of contemporary ambiance, excellent service and delectable dishes.

The menu is compact as you may find in a high class restaurant on land, not too many choices to confuse you and the flavors are amazing. Each dish is unique and put together well with many components to keep your taste buds happy. The Cavetelli starter was incredible as well as the side dish of creamed leeks topped with a runny egg; I would return for those dishes alone! The main courses were cooked perfectly and although the portions are not huge I was almost full before the dessert and cheese courses. As they should be, the ingredients are top quality and innovative.

I found it refreshing to leave the restaurant more than satisfied and not bulging.

The $39 cover charge very acceptable for that meal and you would hard-pressed to find that quality and service for that price anywhere else.

I find the service on Princess excellent in general and there was no exception to the rule in Share. The staff were very knowledgeable in both food and wine and helpful when choosing from the menu, making recommendations or just explaining in detail the dishes.

It was a perfect evening and I look forward to my next cruise on a ship with this fantastic new addition.

Thanks for your comments on your Share experience.

We have never expected Sabatini's to be like Italian restaurants.

It was its own unique experience.

Italy is a big place with different dishes in different places. Expecting to find something with red sauce and pasta everywhere would be a little like expecting a hamburger at every "American" restaurant. Sabatini's does its own little interpretation of Italian food (most like what I remember from Milan, I think.) Let's hope a few of the Sabatini's manage to hold on through this big Curtis Stone binge so I can have the chicken there again. (Seriously, the chicken is delicious.)

Reassuring to hear. Perhaps Curtis Stone's reputation would be better served if one entree on the regular dinner menu each evening is a Curtis Stone "preparation" as opposed to replacing the "always available" options with three CS entrees that were not appealing visually or taste wise.

Reassuring to hear. Perhaps Curtis Stone's reputation would be better served if one entree on the regular dinner menu each evening is a Curtis Stone "preparation" as opposed to replacing the "always available" options with three CS entrees that were not appealing visually or taste wise.

Yes, I definitely agree with that.

"Actually, we found Sabatini's to be quite mediocre, especially after visiting Italy last year!"

going to Italy sorta changes the picture doesn't it.....:) My mother was from northern Italy, and my brother works as an importer of Italian specialty food...I like Sabatini's but it certainly was watered down Italian food. Sometimes it is just nice to have the real thing.....:D Also, Italian food is as varied as a rainbow.....From the ingredients, the method of cooking....and the village, town or city or area of the city that you happen to be in. I think one thing prevails....and I may be slammed for this, but Parmesan cheese should NEVER be put on a fish dish.....I know it is done, but that is an American thing....not an Italian thing.....Even heard the waiters in Sabatini's laugh about it one time....:)

Edited by laughing husky
spelling

The Cavetelli starter was incredible as well as the side dish of creamed leeks topped with a runny egg; I would return for those dishes alone!

Wasn't that like the single richest vegetable side you've ever had afloat or on land? It's so good and so lethal. I'm looking forward to my return for them, too.

Don't know what the big deal is with him.

I think you and I are not foodies and don't appreciate the finer things in life (as is implied here by the owners of some ever-so-sophisticated palates.) I'm fine being a tasteless hick. :p;):D Runny egg. Hmmm....

I think you and I are not foodies and don't appreciate the finer things in life (as is implied here by the owners of some ever-so-sophisticated palates.) I'm fine being a tasteless hick. :p;):D Runny egg. Hmmm....
kinda like a poached egg.....or eggs over easy.....both should have runny yolks......:D