Just off the Summit

Pennstatedj

What a great cruise. One of our top five ever. Captain Leo and crew were outstanding. If you want service and great food, this is the cruise for you. We had a s1 cabin, sky suite. Butler, Domonic was great. Lumane restaurant was the best experience ever on a cruise ship. Food was great, different and service was outstanding. Wait staff was amazing, very friendly and just great.

Since we have been on many cruises, shows were just ok. We went to see small venues on some nights. Piano entertainer was above average. We watched from Cafe Bacio. Martini Bar was great as usual.

Just a great cruise.

Can any recent cruiser or someone who cruised to Bermuda in August comment on the weather? I've been keeping an eye on the webcam and see its showering there again this morning. Are these showers brief? Daily? I expected the heat and humidity, but are these showers typical?

We were on the Summit last week of August 2013. Twice in Bermuda we had showers. The first day a quick thunderstorm passed over while at BAMZ. We were in the lemur exhibit and stayed there until the storm passed, maybe 10 minutes. The next day a quick rain shower passed over while in Hamilton again it was less than 10 minutes.

I was on the Zenith in 2006 in August and we had clear skies the entire trip.

Pennstatedj,

Glad you enjoyed Summit. Domnic is the absolute best and I can't say enough good things about Luminae. Luminae is definitely a game-changer for Celebrity. We're sailing August 30th and are lucky enough to have Domnic as our butler again.

Janice

Just to add things - In August last year (the third week while in Bermuda) it rained almost all the time for two days!! Cruise mates did get in town between showers but as we had been there before, we walked on the pier for a few minutes between showers just to stay we had been there again. Take some rain gear.

Just returned this morning from July 19 Summit sailing to Bermuda. It rained all 3 days that we were there, sometimes for less than 5 minutes at a time, other times rather heavily for 15 minutes plus.

We were on the Summit August 31, 2015. There was no rain at all. However, I wished for some if it would cool things off a bit! It was as hot as a furnace and very humid. Even if there is rain, it would be more like a sun shower.

Going again this year August 30 sailing because the timing is best. Hoping for a bit more temperate weather, but anything will be ok :)

What a great cruise. One of our top five ever. Captain Leo and crew were outstanding. If you want service and great food, this is the cruise for you. We had a s1 cabin, sky suite. Butler, Domonic was great. Lumane restaurant was the best experience ever on a cruise ship. Food was great, different and service was outstanding. Wait staff was amazing, very friendly and just great.

Since we have been on many cruises, shows were just ok. We went to see small venues on some nights. Piano entertainer was above average. We watched from Cafe Bacio. Martini Bar was great as usual.

Just a great cruise.

We were on the same cruise and I totally agree with you! We were in Aqua class. We had a fantastic experience! Service is absolutely outstanding. What a fantastic crew! Food is excellent. Shows and activities were great. We have been spoilt!:D

Can any recent cruiser or someone who cruised to Bermuda in August comment on the weather? I've been keeping an eye on the webcam and see its showering there again this morning. Are these showers brief? Daily? I expected the heat and humidity, but are these showers typical?

Weather is "whether"...can't tell. We have had both, good weather and washouts on previous cruises, and once 3 hurricanes in August. Just make the best of it.:)

Just returned this morning from July 19 Summit sailing to Bermuda. It rained all 3 days that we were there, sometimes for less than 5 minutes at a time, other times rather heavily for 15 minutes plus.

Was there any scuttlebutt on your cruise about exactly when Captain Kate begins on Summit? TIA :)

We were on the same cruise and I totally agree with you! We were in Aqua class. We had a fantastic experience! Service is absolutely outstanding. What a fantastic crew! Food is excellent. Shows and activities were great. We have been spoilt!:D

Thank you both for the review. So excited to sail her on 8-23.

Would live to know the must see activities.

TIA

Was there any scuttlebutt on your cruise about exactly when Captain Kate begins on Summit? TIA :)

Captain Leo was asked this question several times at various events. He said that he was going on vacation in September, returning in December. Captain Kate will take over when he is on vacation. The Summit will have 2 captains on 3 month rotation, him and Captn Kate.

Captain Leo was asked this question several times at various events. He said that he was going on vacation in September, returning in December. Captain Kate will take over when he is on vacation. The Summit will have 2 captains on 3 month rotation, him and Captn Kate.

Thank you so much for getting back! This is what I thought. Thanks again! :) :)

Sounds like Capt Leo will sign off on the 8-30 cruise. Would have loved to meet Capt Kate but from what I've read, Capt Leo is awesome!

I'm a happy girl. 😃

We were on the July 12th Summit sailing this month and in spite of the weather warnings of a big storm coming, it passed north of us and we enjoyed 7 days of great weather with no rain in Bermuda. Usually on all the islands in the Caribbean and Bermuda, the strong winds limit rain to short periods of time.

We had a wonderful cruise and hope you do too!

Sounds like Capt Leo will sign off on the 8-30 cruise. Would have loved to meet Capt Kate but from what I've read, Capt Leo is awesome!

I'm a happy girl.

Personally, I am thrilled that Captain Leo will still be on our August 23rd Bermuda cruise next month. While it would also have been nice to "be part of cruising history", so to speak, by being with Captain Kate as she first takes the helm of Summit, having sailed with Captain Leo last fall I can assure you that he is absolutely delightful, as is hotel manager Paul Kelly. Throw in Ken Mills as cruise director, and it is a proven recipe for a pretty good time, in my opinion at least. We'll both have to make a point to catch Captain Kate on another future cruise some day soon.

Edited by Lysingers