forward balcony

GOODIES

I am looking to book a forward balcony for a mediterranen cruise L 104 L103 L102 L101

it states you cannot have access to these balcony when cruising do they really enforce this, any help would be great

Thanks

However when at sea it may be too windy to enjoy the balcony some of the time.

Some may say that on the Royal class that the majority of the balconies are too small to enjoy 100% of the time, so one must pick their poison.

While on a cruise last year, we talked with a couple who had a forward facing cabin. She said that they could not use their balcony when the ship was "in motion", due to wind. The lady said also that on the days that it rained that water was forced under the door into the cabin. She said that they had towels up against the door trying to soak up water that had come inside and to try to prevent more from entering.

Maybe it was just the seal on their cabin balcony door. I don't know. I do know that they weren't very happy about the situation.

I hope it was an isolated incident and that you do not have these type of problems.

We were in a forward balcony on the Pacific Princess and it was much too windy to use when the ship was in motion. it was also bumby and noisy at night. The ship was in port most days and one had a panoramic view.

We received a free upgrade to one of the forward facing balconies on the Diamond Princess. It's located directly under the bridge. There was no problem using the balcony while cruising Southbound from Los Angeles. On the way back from Cabo, the balcony was unusable due to gale force winds (strong enough to blow over the deck chairs). Also, the blackout curtains must be kept closed at night so that the light from the cabin doesn't interfere with the bridge. We didn't have any problems with water coming in under the door, but then we didn't have any rain either. The steward did come and lock our balcony door when he did the nightly turn-down service.

These cabins are okay, but I wouldn't select one or pay extra for one. Also, anyone looking down from the bridge has a view of the balcony, so they aren't very private.