"CARRY-ON" What do you use for all your goodies??

mycomputer

You should have a swim suit as well as some fresh clothes for the evening so you are not hanging around for your luggage. It can be quite late before you get your cases. Make sure you have medication and valuables in your hand luggage.

Candy and snacks are expensive on board so you might want to bring your favourite with you. Pack of cards if you like games. There's plenty of storage in cabin so I never use those door hanger things. In fact you don't need much at all in extras really. I regularly travel with hand luggage only & still don't wear it all 😉.

Need ideas for carry-on (not for the outfits worn) but for all your goodies/items your wanting to take. Like sodas, wine, door décor, collapsible cooler the little things that OP say you need or to carry??

I was just thinking my clothes suitcase is "checked" but a lot of items they require "in your carry-on". So what do you use?? :)

One suggestion I picked up here recently was to use the collapsible cooler as a carry on. We put the sodas and meds and jewelry in the cooler and checked everything else. It worked like a charm

Everyone in the family has a small backpack (or for my hubby, a messenger bag). We keep a change of clothes and swimsuits, meds (and for me, a small make-up bag and hair ties), and a kindle or a book. (Actually, I keep hubby's; he keeps all the travel docs and paperwork for easy access). Super light and easy to travel with -- we check everything else.

This time, I may take a special bottle of wine, but that's as complicated as it gets!

• 1 month later...

I carry on the max amount of pop and wine for me and dh Ina small rolling suitcase along with my electronics and swim wear. We hit the hot tubs before our room is ready. Not many people think of that so we are alone in the hot tub[emoji57]I have my purse and a a big swim bag that I hook on rolling suitcase handle. Never a big deal. Easy to lug around. Worth it to me to have the free drinks. Passports and boarding docs I keep in my purse.

Edited by smyliecruising

It depends on how much I feel like lugging around with me ;-) sometimes it's just my biggest handbag that holds my docs, shoes, change of clothes and makeup. plus purse, phone & kindle. Some I bring my smallest hard case wheelie case that complies with strictest airline cabin allowance. Sometimes I only bring hand luggage (10kg) no checked baggage at all ☺

We put in swimwear, sunscreen, our bottles of wine, and we were SET! Boarded, had lunch in the Windjammwr, and were in the pools by 11:30! Room opened at 1:30, so we went to "see," and were back in the pools until a few min before muster.

Just curious. For those who take either a backpack or rolling storage and/or purse with all your money, passports, valuables, to the pool or hot tub before cabin is ready, how do you watch your stuff when you are frolicking in the pool or hot tub?

(We wait to go to the pool til after cabin is ready so we can drop off our valuables - if too crowded, we skip pool time).

We take one backpack - money, passports, documents, prescription meds, phone, iPad, travel size sunscreen, sunglasses, bathing suits, and coverup, and a bottle of water in case lines are long waiting to get on the ship (dehydration issues).

Just curious. For those who take either a backpack or rolling storage and/or purse with all your money, passports, valuables, to the pool or hot tub before cabin is ready, how do you watch your stuff when you are frolicking in the pool or hot tub?

(We wait to go to the pool til after cabin is ready so we can drop off our valuables - if too crowded, we skip pool time).

We take one backpack - money, passports, documents, prescription meds, phone, iPad, travel size sunscreen, sunglasses, bathing suits, and coverup, and a bottle of water in case lines are long waiting to get on the ship (dehydration issues).

We take turns! Hubby & I sit out awhile & read while my sons swim and then we switch.

Our carry-ons hold a medical bag each -- one for prescription medications and one for over the counter medications.

Also in our carry-ons are our documents (passports stay in my purse), camera equipment, some snack crackers.

Our carry-ons are not large and we have no reason to carry on wine, etc.

I carry on wine because what they charge for a glass, I can buy a bottle.

I sail princess so my room is always ready so I don't have to worry about keeping it with me but I do still bring a carry on while I wait for my luggage. My wine obviously has to go in there, that's a given. I pack a hairbrush, toothbrush and paste, makeup, ban wipes to freshen up with in case for some reason our luggage doesn't get there before dinner. If I think I might swim, a bathing suit. Last time I packed a light outfit so I could change. I had been traveling all morning and afternoon in those clothes and just wanted out of them into something fresh. Of course my camera and my phone charger. And all of our itinerary information is always in our carry on anyway.

Edited by Mrs.Gosse

Carry as little as possible and enjoy boarding. Cameras, medicines, jewellery, I pad, documentation. Some lines won't let you take on wines. Why bother, you should be going to stay in a mobile 5* or 4* hotel - won't they have wines on board, yes they will! I don't know what door decor is?

If you use a bag (any bag) only partly full you may have some useful space for the various presents and purchases you may well come back with.