Princess card redemtion

cruiselvr1

Anyone with the Princess visa redemption experience? Any problems?

I have redeemed points several times with no problem. I redeem the points for cruise discounts which are given in the form of a credit to my credit card monthly bill. Note that the more points you accumulate before redeeming the more cash value you will receive. For example: if you redeem 10,000 points you will receive a credit on your bill for $100. That is 100 points redeemed for each dollar credit you will receive. If you wait until you have 40,000 points before redeeming them, you will receive a $500 credit, That is 80 points redeemed for each dollar of credit you will receive. The best deal is to accumulate 300,000 points and receive $7,500. That is 40 points per dollar received.

Its all good. The only bad thing is that there is an expiration date on points. Its good for 5 years.

I plan on using it as credit on my next bill after the cruise to pay for anything extra we had over our OBC.

Rewards are good!

I just redeemed some points for an upcoming cruise. I got a nice OBC and with the left over points I ordered a dozen roses for the cabin as a surprise for my DW.

Just make sure you redeem the points early enough. I believe there is a minimum of 4 weeks before the cruise to make sure it goes through.

I just redeemed some points for an upcoming cruise. I got a nice OBC and with the left over points I ordered a dozen roses for the cabin as a surprise for my DW.

Just make sure you redeem the points early enough. I believe there is a minimum of 4 weeks before the cruise to make sure it goes through.

Thanks all. I knew I would get more help here, than calling Barclay's which I did. I was on the phone with them, for a good hour. I was concerned about the date my points expire, I finally got the answer.

I have redeemed points several times with no problem. I redeem the points for cruise discounts which are given in the form of a credit to my credit card monthly bill. Note that the more points you accumulate before redeeming the more cash value you will receive. For example: if you redeem 10,000 points you will receive a credit on your bill for $100. That is 100 points redeemed for each dollar credit you will receive. If you wait until you have 40,000 points before redeeming them, you will receive a $500 credit, That is 80 points redeemed for each dollar of credit you will receive. The best deal is to accumulate 300,000 points and receive $7,500. That is 40 points per dollar received.

I just checked the Barclay site and it is 375,000 points to get the $7500.

Its all good. The only bad thing is that there is an expiration date on points. Its good for 5 years.

I plan on using it as credit on my next bill after the cruise to pay for anything extra we had over our OBC.

Rewards are good!

I have talked to Barclay twice and was assured each time that they would not purge any of my points at the 5 year mark without contacting me.They said I was a preferred customer and that the 5 year expiration was being waived.Has anyone else had a similar conversation with Barclay?

We redeemed points for both OBC and the Premium Anniversary package including a bridge tour. The OBC really cut down on the end of cruise bill and all the extras we received from the Anniversary package were great. The bridge tour was one of the highlights of an 8 day Italy land tour and 7 day W. Med cruise.

Thanks all. I knew I would get more help here, than calling Barclay's which I did. I was on the phone with them, for a good hour. I was concerned about the date my points expire, I finally got the answer.

I had used the statement credit many times but their poor customer service was the main reason I closed my account a few years ago. :(

I just checked the Barclay site and it is 375,000 points to get the $7500.

When I first got my Princess Visa card years ago I made a spreadsheet of the various awards and calculated the points per dollar ratios. Looks like I need to update it. That is a significant jump from 300,000 to 375,000 points. I don't think I will live long enough to accumulate that many points and I use the card for nearly everything I can.

500$ off 3 or four cruises...and on one cruise I hit 750$ off....

The redemption deadline is 15 days before sailing.

I usually redeem way before...but was going to add some OBC at last minute.14 days ..oh well.it will go to my next cruise

.I had forgotten to do it a few days earlier...but the 500$ credit did come off my CC bill for this years Alaska trip.

Bernadette

I recently redeemed a LOT of points for OBC on our next cruise's. I did print out what I did (that really doesn't mean anything to the Purser's office on board), but I'm a little bit concerned about the OBC showing up :(. Hopefully, I have nothing to worry about!

What I'm concerned about is that the Purser's staff can only add OBC that they're informed of. If Barclay's doesn't give them the info we're SOL :eek:!

Hoping for thing's to go right, expecting SNAFU !

Fern

I recently redeemed a LOT of points for OBC on our next cruise's. I did print out what I did (that really doesn't mean anything to the Purser's office on board), but I'm a little bit concerned about the OBC showing up :(. Hopefully, I have nothing to worry about!

What I'm concerned about is that the Purser's staff can only add OBC that they're informed of. If Barclay's doesn't give them the info we're SOL :eek:!

Hoping for thing's to go right, expecting SNAFU !

Fern

It may take a couple of weeks, but the OBC should show up in your personalizer. It will not be where other OBC is listed, but will be in the Special Services section of the travel summary. A printout of that will be your proof.

Edited by caribill