MTD with friends?

Hi everyone,

We're booked on Allure later this year and we have some friends also on the same cruise. An unofficial group! We all have MTD and never having used it before I am wondering if it's possible for us all to be seated together?

Hi everyone,

We're booked on Allure later this year and we have some friends also on the same cruise. An unofficial group! We all have MTD and never having used it before I am wondering if it's possible for us all to be seated together?

Yes, just show up at dinner together and ask to be seated together.

If you are making reservations ahead of time, make sure to link your bookings for dining. That way they will have the appropriate number of people to reserve your table.

Of course as above you can just show up and let them know how many you have and you will be seated together.

You do NOT need to "link" if everyone has MTD...simply show up together and be seated together.

You only need to "link" reservation numbers if you have TRADITIONAL seating..that waty, they'll place you at the same table.

You do NOT need to "link" if everyone has MTD...simply show up together and be seated together.

You only need to "link" reservation numbers if you have TRADITIONAL seating..that waty, they'll place you at the same table.

Not that you will be back to see this but still responding for the benefit of others.

No you do not need to link them, but it helps tremendously, especially is you are booking reservations for multiple nights. We sail as a family in multiple cabins and doing this has helped us in the past as they know when they see the reservation and cabins linked that a larger table is needed.

Yes, you can show up and hope there is table available for the size of your party, but just making the reservations separately they will not know you are together. They will have been holding tables for each individual party.

How many times have people complained about having to wait even with reservations?? A simple linking of cabins will help with this.

Edited by akcruz

Thanks everyone, I will get all the reservations linked anyway. We never had MTD before and were surprised that's all we could get even though we booked in November of last year almost a year in advance. I thought it might have been something to do with the Dynamic thing but it's also Allures first 7 day trip after returning from Europe as well.

Just to let you know. If you all used different Ta or booked individually with RCI, there will be some hoop jumping to get them linked. if all same TA no issue, but if different one person should call in with all the booking numbers and either the TA or RCI will place remarks into you reservation that you want to be linked to the others. Then the other parties TA (if they went through one) or they will have to call and accept the linking. I just went through this two days ago and it took several phone calls. I happened to get a C&A agent that I told that this was my third attempt to get the reservations linked, she knew exactly what was going on and did it for me. The others said that everyone else had to call in.