Island Princess Q's

jasbo49

I have a few questions about the Island Princess and just thought I'd unload them in one place. If anyone can answer one or more, I'd appreciate it. (If anyone else has questions and wants to piggy-back on this thread, be my guest.)

1. I've only seen one person say "On the Bayou" is still being done even though the refit scotched the Universe Lounge. Can anyone else confirm this? Where do they perform it now? Is the show still as good?

2. Is there easy access to open areas at the bow for viewing canal transits and such? We have a forward Caribe cabin and were looking forward to watching some of the action from there, but I was recently on the Crown and found a viewing area I thought we could visit was marked "crew only."

3. The Island Princess does have a coffee bar/barista setup, right? Someone on a recent post was complaining about the lack of an International Café as if it meant no coffee bar.

4. It looks like there only two real pools (plus the "splash pool" up front). Is either one an adults-only pool? Do they have nicer lounges there?

5. The Horizon Court looks pretty small. Does it seem adequate for the number of people on board?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

The deck is big and was little used during our cruise. Some people were there during sail into Venice, but even then we had plenty of elbow room at the rail. Shh, keep it a secret.

The crowd at Horizon Court varied during our cruise. Off peak, there was plenty of room, of course. On the other hand, it was hard to find a seat at heart fast on a port day. We found breakfast in dining room much more relaxing when we had sufficient time. Your experience might vary based on your timing, itinerary, passenger demographics.

Edit note: I do not know how two of those pics rotated 180 degrees. Rest assured in real life, the deck and floors are at your feet, where they belong, lol.

image.jpg.9c55b7f8cb211aeaf24b0404ec8625a0.jpg

Edited by Starry Eyes

At some point in time wasn't this what was referred to as the secret door? Also had a sign saying crew only but we were told it was ok to go out or am I thinking of another ship or deck?????

I have a few questions about the Island Princess and just thought I'd unload them in one place. If anyone can answer one or more, I'd appreciate it. (If anyone else has questions and wants to piggy-back on this thread, be my guest.)

1. I've only seen one person say "On the Bayou" is still being done even though the refit scotched the Universe Lounge. Can anyone else confirm this? Where do they perform it now? Is the show still as good?

2. Is there easy access to open areas at the bow for viewing canal transits and such? We have a forward Caribe cabin and were looking forward to watching some of the action from there, but I was recently on the Crown and found a viewing area I thought we could visit was marked "crew only."

All forward viewing areas on several decks are all open. They do have a sign that says restricted/crew etc. But everyone uses them. There is one aft on Emerald deck that is still available.

3. The Island Princess does have a coffee bar/barista setup, right? Someone on a recent post was complaining about the lack of an International Café as if it meant no coffee bar.

At the La Patisserie deck 5 in the Atrium there is coffee availability.

4. It looks like there only two real pools (plus the "splash pool" up front). Is either one an adults-only pool? Do they have nicer lounges there?

5. The Horizon Court looks pretty small. Does it seem adequate for the number of people on board?

It may not now with the addition of 152 more cabins.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

see above

Edited by Colo Cruiser

At some point in time wasn't this what was referred to as the secret door? Also had a sign saying crew only but we were told it was ok to go out or am I thinking of another ship or deck?????

There was no such sign this month on that Caribe deck door on Island. Just above the door handle, there was a rectangular indentation, suggesting an old sign had been removed. There was s still a crew only sign on Emerald.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Thanks in advance.

Jim

On the bayou performed in theatre.

2. We just giot off island cruise ended on 21st July we had mini suite on Caribe deck and had lovely views on the open deck as we sailed out of Venice. The area was sealed off a day later as the ship rescued 117 Syrians in distress and out them on the open deck area. They got off ship day later.

3.there is a coffee bar but there is no IC

4.there is no adults only pool, there is one covered pool and one open pool plus small splash pool. There was a shortage of sunloungers in all areas on sea days on our cruise.

5, horizon court is small and sometimes it got busy, but always managed to get table....and food!

Hope that helps.

The covered pool is usually designated adults only unless there are very few kids on board...

On the bayou performed in theatre.

2. We just giot off island cruise ended on 21st July we had mini suite on Caribe deck and had lovely views on the open deck as we sailed out of Venice. The area was sealed off a day later as the ship rescued 117 Syrians in distress and out them on the open deck area. They got off ship day later.

3.there is a coffee bar but there is no IC

4.there is no adults only pool, there is one covered pool and one open pool plus small splash pool. There was a shortage of sunloungers in all areas on sea days on our cruise.

5, horizon court is small and sometimes it got busy, but always managed to get table....and food!

Hope that helps.

There were quite a lot of kids onboard last week and covered pool was not adults only.

When we were on (departed 9 July) there was often a group of older teenagers hogging the covered pool making it impossible at times to swim up and down.

Huh. Then again our last trip was Panama Canal, so demand for the covered pool was low anyway...

When we were on (departed 9 July) there was often a group of older teenagers hogging the covered pool making it impossible at times to swim up and down.