Cruising as a solo??

TruckerDave, I'm doing what your doing. I'm taking the second to the last cruise for the 2015 Alaskan season. The prices are still pretty high for the time. I think probably because it includes Glacier Bay, that might be reason for higher cost.

One reason that Alaskan prices are higher this year than previous years is the requirement to burn low sulfur diesel fuel rather than residual fuel oil while within 200 nm of the North American coast. This fuel costs twice as much as the residual fuel, and for the Alaska cruises the ship is burning this full time. This regulation came into force January 1st, 2015.

One reason that Alaskan prices are higher this year than previous years is the requirement to burn low sulfur diesel fuel rather than residual fuel oil while within 200 nm of the North American coast. This fuel costs twice as much as the residual fuel, and for the Alaska cruises the ship is burning this full time. This regulation came into force January 1st, 2015.

This is interesting to know. It's kinda like here in CA we have a special blend of gas (to cut down emissions), hence why gas prices are higher here than in other states.

I picked Sept to cruise because I wanted something to look forward to especially after a busy summer (lots of work projects). Also, as TruckerDave mentioned, there should be less kids, and good time to find sales at the port shops.

I just hope it will be relatively dry and sunny during my cruise week. I have heard that Sept is the start of the rainy season.