Sea Princess Visit in New York with Pictures

cruiserking

We have never sailed on Princess but, it is high on our wish list. Hope to sail the Regal or Royal some day soon from New York.

The Sea Princess was docked in New York today before the last 40-day segment of her World Cruise back to Sydney, Australia.

We spent three lovely hours on the beautiful Sea Princess today and enjoyed a delicious lunch in the Rigoletto Dining Room.

The Sea Princess debuted in 1998 but, still features some of the cruise ship motifs found on more contemporary. It was refreshing to see real teak decks on the promenade deck, something you rarely find anymore on new ships.

Sea Princess Promenade Deck

teakdecks.jpg

The main hub of the ship The Grand Plaza atrium gleams with shiny brass and elegant features, a relaxing place to sit and drink in the ship board ambiance.

Grand Plaza Atrium

Seaprincessatrium.jpg

It's incredible how you can so easily sink into that sublime cruise-mode feeling with only a few scant hours on board. The soft, soothing pastel hues of the upholstery in the public rooms, the sparkling atrium, the rich, soft carpets.

It was lovely to not hear a soundtrack while on board just, the quiet warble of fellow passengers and a friendly greeting from a ship steward passing by on his rounds.

The Crooner's Bar on deck 7 is a lovely place to sit with a book or people watch as we did following our tasty lunch.

croonersprincess.jpg

Jonathan

For a 17-year old ship the Sea Princess is in terrific shape and beautifully maintained.

The Wheelhouse Bar spans the entire beam of the ship and beckons you to sit back in one of the comfortable couches in this cozy lounge.

wheelhouse2.jpg

Wood Veneers, Nautical Art and the Serene Lamp Glow at the Wheelhouse Bar

wheelhouse.jpg

Empty Deck Chairs a rare sight on Modern Ships

pooldeck.jpg

Jonathan

At the Rigoletto Dining Room we were treated to sumptuous lunch

diningroom.jpg

Appetizers included Fettuccine Alfredo in a wonderful baked cheese crisp shell or a Smoked Salmon and Crawfish. Both were delicious, but, the fish was silky, smooth and seasoned perfectly.

Entrees included a Chateaubriand or Trout Almondine. The presentation was lovely, the trout was superb, flaky, tasty accompanied by boiled potatoes and crispy carrots. We had a choice of red or white wine.

For Dessert we were treated to the quintessential offering from Princess;

The Love Boat Chocolate Mousse

loveboat.jpg

The wonderful repast punctuated by a selection of petit fours and chocolate covered strawberries. I rather liked the intimate feel of the Rigoletto Dining Room with its low ceiling, a nice departure from the massive, high ceilings of many contemporary ships.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Just off near the Concierge Desk the remaining itinerary was featured behind a glass case.

itinerary.jpg

I would sign up for this 40-day adventure in a heartbeat. The longest we've sailed was a 17-day transatlantic from New York to Rome, Italy. One man's epic journey is another passengers short stint.

While descending in the elevator one of the World Cruise passengers was bemoaning the mere 40-days remaining of her voyage.

We really loved our brief, sojourn aboard the Sea Princess today. The few crew members we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful, particularly our wonderful head waiter Lope, a true professional. It seemed only fitting that our table mate bore more than a passing resemblance to Bernie Kopell.

The Sea Princess is an elegant liner. Whether you're relaxing at the Lotus Spa

lotuspa.jpg

or being calmed by the soothing art that adorns each stair case landing

769753f6-204e-4c26-a0aa-2ce8c82ae642.jpg

You can't help but, feel happy and and content aboard this floating palace. Me, I'll be at the Wheelhouse,sipping a shandy and buried in a good mystery as we steam for Europe and beyond...

whouse3.jpg

Jonathan

What a lovely ship. I feel Princess has the prettiest ships. Thanks for posting. :) Just in case your looking into a Princess cruise, the Regal does a repositioning cruise from NY to Fort Lauderdale at the end of Oct, 10 days, 3 ports and the pricing is not bad at all. Next year, the same. :)

Edited by janetz

My first Princess cruise was on the Sea Princess back in 1997. The décor was peach/pastels in color and lots of sparkling lights in all of the ceilings. I remember how beautiful my mom and I thought she was back then.

It was one of my favorite cruises and had one of my favorite port days during that cruise.

Thank you for posting.

Hi

Nice to see pics of the Sea Princess, still holds the top spot for our nicest cruise,

all down to an amazing crew,

yours Shogun

Where did you cruise to on Sea Princess, Shogun. Would love to cruise her someday.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

What a lovely ship. I feel Princess has the prettiest ships. Thanks for posting. :) Just in case your looking into a Princess cruise, the Regal does a repositioning cruise from NY to Fort Lauderdale at the end of Oct, 10 days, 3 ports and the pricing is not bad at all. Next year, the same. :)

Thanks for posting Janetz, that would be great. But, I was thinking of one of the 7-day round trips from Brooklyn to Canada/New England.

Jonathan

:D I don't know why we never think about those sailings.

After sailing that repo cruise last year with all those sea days we would do that all the time if we could. :)

Edited by janetz

Hi We did 14 day around Caribbean .

Example of what crew did we went to watch a movie at night that l picked as it was DW birthday they put up a birthday greeting on screen before movie started then on deck two waiters appeared with baked Alaska for us, as we had left early from dinner our waiter did not us to miss out so brought it all the way from dining room to us

Yours Shogun

My first Princess cruise was on the Sea Princess back in 1997. The décor was peach/pastels in color and lots of sparkling lights in all of the ceilings. I remember how beautiful my mom and I thought she was back then.

It was one of my favorite cruises and had one of my favorite port days during that cruise.

Thank you for posting.

Hello Michelle,

So many posts on here of people loving this ship, she is very special. I read mixed reviews in the reviews section but, you always have to take those with a grain of salt.

After only a few hours on board we are sold on Princess and will likely book a cruise with one of these ships in the near future.

Jonathan

:D I don't know why we never think about those sailings.

After sailing that repo cruise last year with all those sea days we would do that all the time if we could. :)

You can't beat those repo cruise Janetz, they are usually well priced. We just love the convenience of not having to fly back from Florida. My dream cruise is the British Isles which Princess features during the summer.

Hi We did 14 day around Caribbean .

Example of what crew did we went to watch a movie at night that l picked as it was DW birthday they put up a birthday greeting on screen before movie started then on deck two waiters appeared with baked Alaska for us, as we had left early from dinner our waiter did not us to miss out so brought it all the way from dining room to us

Yours Shogun

Wow, that's first class service right there, Shogun. I can Princess takes customer service very seriously. All of the wait staff and general crew we came in contact with were very polished and helpful.

Your post reminded me why I love cruising so much.

Thanks.

It's really intoxicating being there and strolling up the gangway. Once we were on deck we had to wait a few moments to be cleared by the on board security. I saw the beautiful, vibrant colors of the carpeting beckoning from the promenade deck. It was like the curving swirl of the Yellow Brick Road, you are simply drawn, you can't help yourself.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

For a 17-year old ship the Sea Princess is in terrific shape and beautifully maintained...

Empty Deck Chairs a rare sight on Modern Ships

pooldeck.jpg

Jonathan

What (or is it who) is in the pool? At first glance, I thought it was a seal! :eek::D

What (or is it who) is in the pool? At first glance, I thought it was a seal! :eek::D

I believe a small walrus boarded in Iceland and is making the trip to Sydney. He was a big hit at the belly flop contest.

Jonathan ;)

We are looking forward to sailing on the Sea Princess at Christmas. Have been on her twice out of Brisbane, which is mainly her home town.

What a cozy, lovely ship to sail on at Christmas and sip rum toddies in the Wheelhouse. :)

Jonathan

What a cozy, lovely ship to sail on at Christmas and sip rum toddies in the Wheelhouse. :)

Jonathan

Cocktails at the Seaview Bar watching the warm waters of the Sth Pacific. :)