2 Cruises back to back from Soton-Different ships

samjane92

Hello,

Considering doing a 2 night taster on one ship then joining my favourite ship for 12 nights. Is there somewhere they can store my luggage for the long trip at the port or would I have to take it with me and lug it to the other ship when we change? Or are p&o organised enough to transfer bags for us.

Thanks!

When you arrive at the terminal to check in, the cases are taken away and you next see them outside your cabin. Also, when you are ready to leave, leave them outside your cabin the night before getting off, then taken away, and you then collect when off the ship. You won't have to lug them anywhere. But when booking your cruises, enquire .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is from the P&O web site:

Q. Is there a transfer between ships when I am travelling on back to back cruises on different ships?

Please speak to reception prior to disembarkation who will be happy to arrange transportation for you.

Please note that the cost of transportation between ships is the passengers responsibility.

There is no luggage storage offered by P & O, I believe there are some offsite companies that offer short term storage of luggage.

I would much prefer to check it in at the start of the two day, then slide it under the bed or stand it in the corner of my stateroom, so I knew where it was. As said above, no real lugging required on your part, until you have to transport it to the different terminal for your 2nd cruise.

I should not entrust the cruise line to transfer cases from one ship to another. It's pretty rare and might easily be overlooked the consequence of which is very awkward for you on your second voyage. If it were me I would disembark as late as possible; take a taxi to the second cruise terminal, with my luggage and put it through the hole in the wall myself, rejoin the taxi to take me on to where I intend to wait. The Grand Harbour Hotel does a "Cruise Lounge" facility for residents and non-residents for about£30.00 and I am giving this a go next cruise because of the disparity between check out times and boarding times. The taxi could alternatively take you into the shopping area or wherever.

Regards John

• 7 months later...