Jewel of the Seas Dry Dock/Revitalisation

Does anyone know what improvements are being made? Looks like big screen out by the pool, some restaurant changes, etc. Does JOTS have the old tube TVs still?

Where are they adding cabins? Maybe a better question is to ask what are they taking away?

Does anyone know what improvements are being made? Looks like big screen out by the pool, some restaurant changes, etc. Does JOTS have the old tube TVs still?

Where are they adding cabins? Maybe a better question is to ask what are they taking away?

Seaview Cafe is being taken away.

Other restaurants are being added. Take a look at Serenade on Royal's website to get an idea.

My notes said April 3rd to April 28th, but maybe I got the end date wrong.

You might be both right. Seems like on the retrofits they allow more time if needed, but Jewel being the last of the class (If I remember right) could get done earlier since they know what they are doing. But of course, late deliveries can happen.

Jewel did have old CRT TVs as of May 2014. I thought I heard the suites had already been updated to new screens, but I don't remember clearly. What makes me think that is the GPS channel that shows the ships position looked like it was formatted for wide screen and didn't look right on the 3:4 ratio of the CRTs.

I would agree with you on the time frame. Jewel is one of my favorite ships. But as always, they are decreasing public spaces to add more cabins. I do not like this trend.

I agree! I dislike more than I like with the recent refurbishments (and finishes, furnishings and fixtures that need repaired are not being touched). We have booked a B2B on the Jewel, pre-refurbishment, because of our recent post-refurbishment experiences.

I would agree with you on the time frame. Jewel is one of my favorite ships. But as always, they are decreasing public spaces to add more cabins. I do not like this trend.

Look at it this way, more folks get an opportunity to sail on her.

Jewel did have old CRT TVs as of May 2014. I thought I heard the suites had already been updated to new screens, but I don't remember clearly. What makes me think that is the GPS channel that shows the ships position looked like it was formatted for wide screen and didn't look right on the 3:4 ratio of the CRTs.

Some cabins have already had the tvs replaced. We had thin tv in both cabins back in April/May. A friend had their tv replaced one day while they were out of the room (and had not requested it...so no problem with the tv...just gave them the newer thin one).

Seaview Cafe is being taken away.

Where will Captain Crane and Admiral Nelson go? Oh, and Kowalski too!

Under 50? Google or IMDB? :D

Edited by BillOh

Around there, I'm 56 and remember the original movie with Barbara Eden and then i watched all the old Irwin Allen TV series. It helped that I binge watched them again on Netflix m

I'm thinking under 60 might be a better cut-off. I had to look it up

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Around there, I'm 56 and remember the original movie with Barbara Eden and then i watched all the old Irwin Allen TV series. It helped that I binge watched them again on Netflix m

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

53 next week, I just remember Barbara Eden from I dream of Jeanie. Vaguely familiar with Voyage, but I still had to Google it

• 4 weeks later...
I agree! I dislike more than I like with the recent refurbishments (and finishes, furnishings and fixtures that need repaired are not being touched). We have booked a B2B on the Jewel, pre-refurbishment, because of our recent post-refurbishment experiences.

I so agree with all you said. We were so happy to book the Panama cruise on Jewel for October 10, 2015 before the refurbishment. My all time favorite ship is the Original Brilliance. We've done four cruises on O. Brilliance. I'm counting on being reminded of those fun times when embark on Jewel in LA.

Just sailed the Jewel in July and yes our cabin still had a tube tv. Those will obviously be replaced.

So incredibly sad that the Seaview will be removed. We ate there several times and loved the option. I would really hate to see it replaced with an Izumi (HATE) or a stupid suite.

All in all she's still a wonderful ship.

Just sailed the Jewel in July and yes our cabin still had a tube tv. Those will obviously be replaced.

So incredibly sad that the Seaview will be removed. We ate there several times and loved the option. I would really hate to see it replaced with an Izumi (HATE) or a stupid suite.

All in all she's still a wonderful ship.

It will almost definitely be replaced with an Izumi. I love Izumi.