how to book U S site

I know this has been asked numerous times but can't find the answer. I live in the UK but want to book a cruise direct with RCI but on there US site. They have better conditions or changing cabins rec.

Anyone help? Of is there a number I can use to speak to there booking agents.

Thanks

I know this has been asked numerous times but can't find the answer. I live in the UK but want to book a cruise direct with RCI but on there US site. They have better conditions or changing cabins rec.

Anyone help? Of is there a number I can use to speak to there booking agents.

Thanks

I wonder if you could book it online IF you use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service located in the US??? Bob's idea is easier. ;)

I wonder if you could book it online IF you use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service located in the US??? Bob's idea is easier. ;)

I don't know. There may be a problem with not having a US or Canadian residence address.

Tunnelbear is one of the VPN options that some have used.

I'm in the UK and I too tried many times to access the U.S. RCI web site but to no avail. I'm sure a VPN would get you on their site, I never tried it that way. Instead I was recommended a U.S. travel agent with whom I've booked several RCI cruises getting excellent service and very very competitive prices. I also get price drops applied as they happen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know. There may be a problem with not having a US or Canadian residence address.

Tunnelbear is one of the VPN options that some have used.

As Bob says tunnelbear is a good option for accessing US sites - someone told me that on here a couple of years back :cool: May have been you Bob :p

Has anyone in the UK actually booked via the U.S. Site? If so we're there any problems/complications? I just went on to the site and the same grade of cabin I have booked on harmony is about £800 cheaper!(although we got free drinks package I UK but not big drinkers so not worth a huge amount to us.) shocked at the price difference.

• 2 months later...
Link worked perfectly. All booked with the US site better conditions of matching price drops and refundable deposit:)

Did you have any issue with the address part or any other part of the booking process? I was advised previously the RCI US site wouldn't accept UK address or card details so used a US TA but would much rather book direct!

for usa prices you can use cruise DOT com

I've used 2go from Houston and got price drops and deposit back when we changed cruises. I also use a Uk Ta and can change cruises without penalty. She used to work with Rci before she started up on her own when the office closed

Actually out a 24 hour hold on a cabin went to pa the next stage link had gone to pay. Rang up the US telephone number and completed over the phone no issues. Confirmed can cancel and not loose deposit and he pointed out about price drops rec. Approx £50 cheaper than UK site and more flexible.

From recent experience it seems that the only requirement for booking online with any version of the RCI site is to pick the country you want to book in as your residence when it comes to paying. So anyone can book on any worldwide site as long as the residence choice matches the site you are booking on. There doesn't seem to be any check in place to confirm that you are actually resident in the country from which you are booking. While in general this means lots of folks might book on the US site (most of the time has the best prices with the best T&C), there are a number of times when other country/region sites have better prices than US.

• 3 weeks later...