Had no issues with the "Classic" Drink Package on Constellation

tartana

You're assuming that everyone think "craft beers" are good....I don't care for them at all!!!

I agree. Seems like most of the "craft" brewers are trying to outdo each other with alcohol content(ABV) or hops bitterness(IBU).

My tastes run with the typical Northern or Southern English brown ales with ABV's around 4% and a bitterness near 20 IBU's. Although in the same alcohol range of today's common LIGHT beers the English ales have rich flavors with body unlike the watery taste of light beers. The IBU's in the English ales ( around 20 ) are nowhere in the range of some "craft" beers whose bitterness can be anywhere from 30 to a mouth puckering 100.

I enjoy watching a ball game along with several pints of a decent brown ale and still be able to function rather than drinking the same volume of a overly bitter beer with alcohol content approaching if not exceeding some wines and wind up three sheets to the wind.

Everybody has their own likes and dislikes as to beer, wine and spirits. I see nothing on the classic list that would not serve me well during a cruise with the exception of the beers so NO BIG DEAL, I'll stick to the many, many included brands of alcohol that were not that long ago considered TOP SHELF. As to beer on my cruises, I will have a cooling one or two for sure but will wait for a three or four hour tippling until I get home and can get into my stash of homebrew ... That's my Craft Beer..LOL

you're all welcome - My cruise price was a good deal considering all the package included. There were a lot of perks advertised then - not just the drink package, and I booked months in advance.... I probably wouldn't have booked it at the time without all the inclusions.

Thanks Tartana for your great post confirming we should make out just fine with the Classic Package.

This is one of the fine line points of the packages, as most times the bartenders can make most any drink in the book to fit within the $$ allowances of the pkg. But if you want something from say the new World Bar, one of the craft beers, or a better glass of wine, then you will have to pay the entire cost of $12-14 dollars.

If you do one a day, you will be better off upgrading to the Premium level for only $11.80 per day, which allows you to have as many as you want, from as many different place as you see fit.

Thanks....I have to do the math and see if it makes sense. Not sure if I can see myself having a $12-$14 martini every day, when a basic mixed drink would suffice, but having the freedom to chose may be worth it.

If I do decide to go Premium, the Classic was included as a promo when I booked the cruise. Do I just need to pay the difference to upgrade?

Yes, just pay the difference. $10 per day plus 18% gratuity.

Thanks....I have to do the math and see if it makes sense. Not sure if I can see myself having a $12-$14 martini every day, when a basic mixed drink would suffice, but having the freedom to chose may be worth it.

If I do decide to go Premium, the Classic was included as a promo when I booked the cruise. Do I just need to pay the difference to upgrade?

On our last 2 cruises, Reflection in 2013, and the Equinox in 2014, we went to the Ensemble lounge when we first got on board and did the upgrade. Ours to was an included promo, and the $12 a day was a good use of some OBC. We will do the same this Nov.

After all months of research and reading reviews and opinions, I just thought I would give my "take" on the Classic Drink Package as many people have wondered if you will feel the need to spend more to get the Premium Package. My daughter (age 22) and I booked our Mediterranean Cruise on Constellation which included the Classic Drink Package. This was a great deal in my opinion! Not only were almost all "basic" alcohol drinks included, this package included all the specialty coffees, fresh squeezed orange juice, basic bottled water (which was fine), canned soda pops, smoothies, etc, etc, etc.... In our 10 day cruise, the only thing I asked about that was not included on the Classic package was the "drink of the day" occasionally because it was made with more "premium" alcohol. Usually, once they got to know you, they would make nearly anything you wanted to "pass" the classic package price point. The wines I had in the MDR were fine - I had nice Pinot Grigios or a nice rose every evening. (If you are very fussy about wine, you may want to upgrade, but I am not). I didn't actually try to order a martini at the martini bar, but I did order a couple of just regular drinks there with no problems at all. I am used to travelling all inclusive and I just wanted to confirm that the Classic Package was great for us - There was virtually nothing we couldn't have that wasn't included in our package. The value alone even for non-alcohol items is excellent! It wouldn't have been fun having to think about paying for all those things.

Thanks for weighing in! I'm pretty sure DH will be fine with the Classic and I might wait a day or two before (maybe) upgrading.

But if my cocktail of choice is Grey Goose on the rocks and I want a bottle of San Pelligrino with dinner, I need to upgrade to the Premium package, right?

If Absolute(+flavors), Ketel One, Smirnoff, Stoli (+flavors)or the house vodka(?) won't do along with standard brand still spring waters then yes the premium would be better.

I cannot really see that much of a difference between Absolute, ketel One or Smirnoff's so for me the Classic will suffice and the $4 bucks or so for a large San Pelligrino (a dinner time must when in the Caribbean) once a day makes the Classic my choice.

bosco

Not only were almost all "basic" alcohol drinks included, this package included all the specialty coffees, fresh squeezed orange juice, basic bottled water (which was fine), canned soda pops, smoothies, etc, etc, etc.... The value alone even for non-alcohol items is excellent! It wouldn't have been fun having to think about paying for all those things.

After having the Classic Alcohol package as a perk, I so enjoyed the non-alcoholic options that I would probably purchase the Premium NON-ALCOHOLIC package in the future. It includes all of that and a few other NA options as well. Last I checked it was only $20/day, so the difference in price to add the alcohol is significant. If you're not much of a drinker, that's a great package to consider. Even if you pay a la carte for a few alcohol drinks, you may find that to be an even better value. The NA packages don't get mentioned much!

craft beers or stronger beers - not my choice either lol...Give me a good ol Bud anyday :)

I hope you're joking;)

"a good ol Bud"=an oxymoron

At least you didn't say BUD LIGHT.

Edited by gsb

Are the alcohol coffee's only on the premium package? Aspen coffee etc?

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyaca View Post

We have the classic beverage package and I was wondering about the coffee drinks. Can you get all coffees or only regualr coffee? For instance, I love a frappachino or a latte, can you get these type of coffee drinks with this package or do you have to have the premium package? I have heard conflicting reports. Some say premium is for coffee with alcohol in it?

If you have the classic liquor package, you can have coffee with liquor as long as those are within the the price limit...like

Campari

Amaretto

Frangelico

Kahlua

Tia Maria

Pimms 1

Cointreau

Chambord

Bailey's Irish Cream

Drambuie

Cointreau

Chambord

Bailey's

Irish

Cream

Not always it aint!

Our Nov 10 day on Equinox with the Texas resident discount and no perks is $489 pp higher now than when we booked and got all 3 with double the OBC.

I don't know why anyone would book at those rates!

Hope that works for you every time, it does not for me, they are not going to always give booze away and make money.

Many people are creatures of habit when it comes to their alcohol consumption, so whatever they are accustomed to drinking at home will suffice for them to drink while they are cruising. For many, this means that the classic package will suffice for them. Others that like higher end wines or craft beers will automatically upgrade to the premium package because that is what they are accustomed to consuming at home.

I, on the other hand, like to broaden my horizons and try new things when I vacation. On our cruise last year on the Silhouette, we spent each evening in the Molecular Bar trying new concoctions and enjoyed many of them multiple times, while a few only made it down my palate once. We will do the same this November on the Equinox. I have seen the 10 drink list for the new World Class Bar and I will try 9 of them and probably have about three that will be my go to drinks for each evening. The 236.00 in OBC that it'll cost me for the two of us to upgrade is well worth it. 118 pp is the same price for some excursions and it's cheaper than many of the options at the spa. And you get 10 days worth of enjoyment from it, not only a few hours worth.

I hope that many on our cruise stick with the classic package, that means there will be less competition for the seats before dinner each night at the World Class Bar. ;)

gsb, I am ISO. Haymaker

from,

Indiana City Brewing Co

24 SHELBY STREET, INDIANAPOLIS, IN

email me @ wallie5446 at aol

If I was ever in your neck of the woods I'd pop in for a few pints of your Irish Hill. It looks like it would fit my likes pretty well.

bosco

I have always been able to find many drinks on the classic and will never upgrade unless the packages change what is included.:D

SOOOO you partake of the nasty, yellow, fizzy beers? :p

If I was ever in your neck of the woods I'd pop in for a few pints of your Irish Hill. It looks like it would fit my likes pretty well.

bosco

bosco, I, wallie am in Tx , gsb is in Indiana where the brew I am looking for is made. Is Irish Hill from Indiana, or Texas?

EW

bosco, I, wallie am in Tx , gsb is in Indiana where the brew I am looking for is made. Is Irish Hill from Indiana, or Texas?

EW

Indiana City Brewing Co

24 SHELBY STREET, INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Sorry for the error. I can't blame my homebrew at 9 Am, maybe not enough coffee. LOL

bosco