Two cups with the purchase of one Ultimate Drink package?

It's not the same no matter how you try and spin it. The promotion is at their (the sellers) discretion and is for a limited time. Your plan is, putting it mildly, theft.

Give me a break. If I get the royal refreshment package at $6.50 a day for 5 days $32.50 and I drink 8 sodas a day roughly $2 a piece otherwise= $80 then I would be taken away for "robbing" the cruise line too.

Edited by sbjm53090

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!!!

I thought you couldn't link, but I didn't realize you couldn't mention them! I was just referencing a source. :confused:

I meant link, sorry. I guess you can chat about them. For now ;)

Trying to get this answer from another thread, but no luck. Perhaps you know.. I purchased the ultimate under this promo, and I can't find out if my daughter, who will use the soda-only package, gets the sticker on her card too so that she can get soda in bars/restaurants (she's 25) also, or will she ONLY get the cup?

Did they sticker the second person's card?

I haven't forgotten about you. I'm still waiting for a response from the folks I was chatting with, where I got my original info. (From a social media group, which shall remain nameless, because CC forbids the mention of their name)

Give me a break. If I get the royal refreshment package at $6.50 a day for 5 days $32.50 and I drink 8 sodas a day roughly $2 a piece otherwise= $80 then I would be taken away for robbing the cruise line too.

Totally not the same. You contracted for unlimited soda. Makes no difference how much you drink or don't drink.

Totally not the same. You contracted for unlimited soda. Makes no difference how much you drink or don't drink.

So what is the premise for them not wanting you to share any portion of the package? So that they are still profitable no matter how much you consume amongst all the different options. They don't want two people sharing because the amount they will consume will likely put the cruise line pretty close to only breaking even. But just as I stated a minute ago if a personal consumption rate is high enough to destroy their profit margin, then how is it any different then splitting up an alcohol including soda package between two people. The soda portion of the package is "complimentary" meaning they aren't factoring it into the package price. They are expecting most of your purchases to come from alcohol and simply give you the soda option to make it appear as you are getting an extra benefit. But most people that are drinking 6 plus alcoholic drinks in a day probably aren't going to drink the soda anyways because they are already getting filled up on liquids.

So what is the premise for them not wanting you to share any portion of the package? So that they are still profitable no matter how much you consume amongst all the different options. They don't want two people sharing because the amount they will consume will likely put the cruise line pretty close to only breaking even. But just as I stated a minute ago if a personal consumption rate is high enough to destroy their profit margin, then how is it any different then splitting up an alcohol including soda package between two people. The soda portion of the package is "complimentary" meaning they aren't factoring it into the package price. They are expecting most of your purchases to come from alcohol and simply give you the soda option to make it appear as you are getting an extra benefit. But most people that are drinking 6 plus alcoholic drinks in a day probably aren't going to drink the soda anyways because they are already getting filled up on liquids.

Exactly what part of per person is confusing you. :what:

Share with a friend implies one person, not the entire ship

1438178326130.jpg.336165311517f8fa39fcdbaa96c9ccc0.jpg

1438178512119.jpg.4ddd08073261631aa8e848db9ed095ce.jpg

Exactly what part of per person is confusing you. :what:

Share with a friend implies one person, not the entire ship

My point is A) you can't steal something they're giving you for free B) if they were worried about people sharing the freestyle soda portion of a drink package they would have methods in place to monitor it beyond a chip like they do the alcohol portion C) how much OBC do you get every time you defend RCI

My point is A) you can't steal something they're giving you for free B) if they were worried about people sharing the freestyle soda portion of a drink package they would have methods in place to monitor it beyond a chip like they do the alcohol portion C) how much OBC do you get every time you defend RCI

No OBC here, just speaking the truth, sorry it hurts. Some companies just rely on honesty and folks complying with an implied contract. Any additional monitoring would just increase the cost. Now who wants that :what:

I meant link, sorry. I guess you can chat about them. For now ;)

I appreciate you pointing it out, because it caused me to double check the guidelines. From what I gather...I WAS in violation, because I copied a block of text (copyright infringement) - but I would have been ok, had I linked to the post on Facebook (which is weird, because the link wouldn't have worked since it's a closed group).

The big No-No seems to come in when you link to a Facebook Roll Call.

As a writer, I was just trying to cite my source, which is usually a good thing. LOL

But thanks for keeping me honest! ;)

Ok folks, WTH hAPPENED?

This thread started out as a simple question about a promo.

Some of us are rule-followers, some are not, and some fall somewhere in-between. Let's not turn this into a moral-judgment platform or throw around accusations about OBC kickbacks.

Let's all just put on our happy cruise faces, and get back to the basic cruiser mentality - where we're all six-year-olds on the playground, having fun, and everyone is your friend. :D

Ok folks, WTH hAPPENED?

This thread started out as a simple question about a promo.

Some of us are rule-followers, some are not, and some fall somewhere in-between. Let's not turn this into a moral-judgment platform or throw around accusations about OBC kickbacks.

Let's all just put on our happy cruise faces, and get back to the basic cruiser mentality - where we're all six-year-olds on the playground, having fun, and everyone is your friend. :D

Point taken. See you around the ship

Point taken. See you around the ship

Thanks John & Lala

I've always enjoyed sharing info & tips with you, and I truly hope to cruise with y'all sometime in the future!

Our time and budget constraints don't allow us to cruise as often as y'all do, but please let me know if you'll be on the FOS 2/21/16 or the LOS 1/29/17 as those are our next two adventures!

Happy sails to you!

Thanks John & Lala

I've always enjoyed sharing info & tips with you, and I truly hope to cruise with y'all sometime in the future!

Our time and budget constraints don't allow us to cruise as often as y'all do, but please let me know if you'll be on the FOS 2/21/16 or the LOS 1/29/17 as those are our next two adventures!

Happy sails to you!

Freedom sail is in March of 16 and Serenade in March of 17 is the retirement cruise. :D

I see a lot of Fall 2017 trips in our future. Most on Oasis though

Mine did not originally contain the words "fleetwide for sailings between" either (within my own reservation in My Cruises on the RCI website, also for an Oct sailing), it said "offer valid June 15 - August 31, 2015". I emailed C&A a few weeks ago asking for clarification, they replied saying that the promo was for sailings during the specified time period. Now today, I see the wording has been changed, which is why I pasted it. Yeah, I'm rather disappointed in their vague wording tactics as well (and told them so, spouted plenty here too). Anyway, now they've changed it, at least in MY reservation.

Thanks for noting that the language in your Cruise Planner had changed. I just checked mine, and they've now added the "sailings during" dates to mine as well. This is more than a month AFTER the promo started. Prior to this, it's not what it said, and the fact that they wouldn't honor what they were advertising, over a stupid, cheap, soda package, speaks a lot about RCI not understanding the value of goodwill.

[quote name='SRV FAN']Yes I am aware of that.... But searching in FB gets me nowhere! [emoji36][/QUOTE]

Since I found where you can link to posts in Facebook as long as they're not roll calls...

I'm not sure if the info I quoted was in this group:
[url]www.********************/2438376561/[/url]

Or this one:
[url]https://www.********************/494940083941437/[/url]

As I belong to both groups. ;)

The first part of the link is www dot facebook dot com/groups Edited by TexasRices

We sail in 10 days. Last night I called and payed for 2 Ultimates(my wife and I) The customer service agent said Their would be Two other Cups(for our two boys) on the bed when we Arrived. The 2 extra cups would be complimentary "Royal Replenish" packages. Dan

[quote name='TexasRices']Since I found where you can link to posts in Facebook as long as they're not roll calls...

I'm not sure if the info I quoted was in this group:
[url]www.********************/2438376561/[/url]

Or this one:
[url]https://www.********************/494940083941437/[/url]

As I belong to both groups. ;)

The first part of the link is www dot facebook dot com/groups[/QUOTE]

Thanks .... But I can't get the links to work.... :-( tried by copying & pasting the number part & typing in the FB part ... No worries. Thanks for trying!