3 day cruise

I am planning a short, girls cruise and am wondering which ship would be best for this. We would like a beach day and also good music and dancing while on the ship. Thanks for any recommendations you might have.

I am planning a short, girls cruise and am wondering which ship would be best for this. We would like a beach day and also good music and dancing while on the ship. Thanks for any recommendations you might have.

I would favor Enchantment out of Port Canaveral.

I actually prefer Majesty. My best friend from college and I (2 40 year old ladies) did the 3 nighter and had a blast. We rented a cabanette at Coco Cay and had a wonderfully relaxing beach day, and spent a lot of the day in Nassau at Senor Frogs and met a ton of fun people from our ship, who we then hung out with later that night back on board. She had never cruised before and now she can't wait to go back! I prefer Majesty to Enchantment, and I think it's easier to leave out of Miami.

Either one will be a lot of fun. Majesty is just my preference.

I have not sailed either Enchantment nor Majesty, but I did book Majesty for a 3 day "ALL GIRLZ WEEKEND" coming up in 30 days..2 Beach days, lots of music dancing and fun to be had, so Iv'e been told. I am the Matriarch (he he he) and will wear my Tiara :D my princesses ( 5 daughters and daughters in law) range in ages 26 to 38 will sail with me. We like leaving from Miami so we can fly in a day early and hang out in South Beach. I can't wait to start the party :D

I have not sailed either Enchantment nor Majesty, but I did book Majesty for a 3 day "ALL GIRLZ WEEKEND" coming up in 30 days..2 Beach days, lots of music dancing and fun to be had, so Iv'e been told. I am the Matriarch (he he he) and will wear my Tiara :D my princesses ( 5 daughters and daughters in law) range in ages 26 to 38 will sail with me. We like leaving from Miami so we can fly in a day early and hang out in South Beach. I can't wait to start the party :D

Sounds like a wonderful girl's trip.

OP, I hope you enjoy your cruise.

I like where your head's at! Have a great time!!! :)

Any specifics for that?

If you were shooting for Latin music, I would totally say Majesty- the cruise out of Miami has consistently had a live Latin band, and a pretty good sized crowd that are there to listen and dance.

What you miss is a specialty restaurant, a covered adult pool area, and a nice cafe. You do gain a different cafe and a Jonny Rockets. Rooms are a little smaller.

We've flown from Detroit for both, and will go on whichever goes out of Miami, due to the band.

both Majesty out of Miami and Enchantment out of Port Canaveral go to the same places for their 3 night itineraries. Which airport is the cheapest for you to fly in and out of. With Port Canaveral you will need to find a shuttle service to get you from the airport to the ship (Travelynx is $30 pp each way). A taxi in Miami is a flat rate of $27 each way (not per person) so $30 if you include the tip. Majesty doesn't have the Solarium, Park Cafe, or pool side movie screen. Enchantment doesn't have the Compass Deli (Cocina Mexicana at night) or Johnny Rockets.

Seems like a long flight for a 3 day cruise, how about a little longer cruise out of NY/NJ to Bermuda?? In general ships that do the 3 day cruise are the older ships

We live in VA so any flight is a long flight for us and yes Miami is farther, but my daughter's and daughter's in laws all work. A longer cruise wasn't an option, plus the HUSBANDS are on child watching duties for 6 days and we do want to make sure everyone survives ;) We already have a longer cruise in the works for the entire family and just finished one last May. This short one was a MOTHERS DAY GIFT from our spouses. My DH said I deserve a mini cruise for all I do for our family and grandchildren, one of whom lives with me. The other husbands agreed and sent the others along too. It will be a much needed, well deserved break ..... I have cruised on the LOTS, OOTS and AOTS as well as some Carnival and Disney ships so I know what it is like to sail the larger ones. This is the first small girl we will sail and look forward to a more personal and intimate experience. Majesty being older is a slight concern but hey I am going to have fun with the ladies regardless :D

I like where your head's at! Have a great time!!! :)

THANKS Bluegirlum.....Party Party from start to finish...We start the night before we fly out with a sleepover at one of my daughter's house. We have the wine already on CHILL :D

I too hope the OP has a great cruise on whichever ship she chooses ;)