Just back - more and more issues on cruise

Were you denied entry into MTD because the time you were there conflicted with the specialty dining reservation?

We upgraded from an inside to an OV once. Caused absolute havoc with our MTD reservations as they did not follow the reservation.

Luggage tags also printed with the old cabin number.

Does this sort of issue where your MTD does not follow you reservation if you upgrade happen as often if booked via a travel agent rather than direct with RCCL?

• 1 month later...

Update- the contact I had got back to me after a wait of 3 weeks. However, in his defense - he said he had been very busy :D- if he has to mop up the mistakes I am not surprised he is busy - probably manic- Any way he did refund the OBC we didn't get that day to my bank account and said he would contact the ship for clarification of what was going on on board- It must have been pretty evident that there were major problem here, as within a week we got a letter of apology and credit vouchers towards a future cruise - However, I don't think we plan to use use them- but their apology was nice anyway.

I have friends who got a visit from the upgrade fairy when a JS opened up. They had been booked in a balcony cabin. They had booked several dining experiences, but they were showing up to each restaurant only to be told they did not have a reservation. Their cabin number was not showing up.

That would have been us, the last minute change of room caused us multiple problems, but they were far less severe and some of them actually worked to our favor. (don't want to sound like I'm bitching about an upgrade :D) In reading the OP's story, we are lucky the original cruiser who was supposed to be in our cabin must not have had multiple specialty reservations. (Or did I not look at my bill close enough?)

Anyway, our problems stopped when we made our next cruise reservation. The lady there thought we were someone else. She then told us when a change like that happens an all-staff message is supposed to go out and each individual department is supposed to adjust their records. She sent that message out for us and our problems stopped. (She got my first ever WOW card)

Your first mistake was accepting "Come back tomorrow" as an answer. Politely decline and inform them you will wait right there at their station until this is resolved.

Why in the world do you have to wait until tomorrow? So someone from the ship can fly to Miami HQ and get an answer from them?

If you wait at their station they will deal with your issue because if they don't they can't deal with everyone else's behind you.

All that being said, and NOT discounting any of OP's complaints, a lot of perceived poor customer service is due to people's general attitude now a days. There are people who purposely complain just to get OBC or discounts on future cruises even when they have nothing to complain about. RCCL knows this along with all the other cruise lines, it is a corporate problem though as policy rewards the squeaky wheel. Then when a real issue occurs, you are thrown in with the "complain for rewards crowd".

I am really sorry you had to deal with such a mix up. I read awhile back of someone getting charged a daily gratuity when they had MTD and prepaid. From this I learned to have any invoices of paid reservations with me when we go so I have something in writing to prove we paid or didn't pay for something.

Update- the contact I had got back to me after a wait of 3 weeks. However, in his defense - he said he had been very busy :D- if he has to mop up the mistakes I am not surprised he is busy - probably manic- Any way he did refund the OBC we didn't get that day to my bank account and said he would contact the ship for clarification of what was going on on board- It must have been pretty evident that there were major problem here, as within a week we got a letter of apology and credit vouchers towards a future cruise - However, I don't think we plan to use use them- but their apology was nice anyway.

All I can say is: I am glad that SOME of this was resolved satisfactorily.

But I will gently urge you to give it another try - maybe on a different ship. ;)

Use those vouchers! :)

Thanks for posting....your episode can be a learning tool for all of us cruisers.

I'm sorry for your frustrations both pre cruise health and on ship mix ups.

Had you not been in a cabin previously assigned to someone else you might have had a smooth sailing. Unfortunately our computer age lifestyle bites us as it did you on the ship.

We have been through similar mix ups when upgraded but because we cruise so often we were able to take it in stride and had insight into why the computer was messing with us.

At the Front Desk there are a variety of skill levels from new to old hands...some do not have the same authority as others. I'm glad that you found Adriana. Again, due to our background we know to seek the Adrianas first and thus have stress free cruises and have a very positive opinion of Royal Caribbean's Guest Relations.

Your Tuscan villa sounds wonderful and wish you could tell us more of it even though this is a cruise site.

Wishing for you good health and a wonderful cruise next time.

Lol.

I know that you feel that this incident was handled poorly, but as you grow in cruising experience, you will begin to realize that it was your own ineptitude that led you to stand in the wrong line, and deal with the wrong customer service representative. I'm sure next time you will know to see help from the good reps the first time...

and also you will part the rough seas and skip the lines, and stuff.

All that being said, and NOT discounting any of OP's complaints, a lot of perceived poor customer service is due to people's general attitude now a days. There are people who purposely complain just to get OBC or discounts on future cruises even when they have nothing to complain about. RCCL knows this along with all the other cruise lines, it is a corporate problem though as policy rewards the squeaky wheel. Then when a real issue occurs, you are thrown in with the "complain for rewards crowd".

Well, that's their fault too, isn't it? I mean there are at least a dozen ways to change that type of behavior, so if they don't bother, and instead just assume that every complainer is out for "stuff" (because you know, me, if I did want stuff, the first thing I would do is book a spa treatment/captains dinner and then NOT GO, so I could complain about something...), then that's an incredibly poor business attitude.