Dining w/ 1yo on NCL Breakaway

ayier626

Hi all, can anyone tell me how a couple with one toddler would be seated when dining at the MDR or specialty restaurants? Do they have tables that would accommodate 2 adults plus 1 high chair? Or would we be grouped together with other odd-numbered groups to form a table?

Also, my understanding is that children under 3 eat free if they order from the children's menu- is the same children's menu also offered at specialty restaurants or is there a different children's menu at those venues? Since my son will be one, I don't expect that he will eat much so would there be an issue if he were to eat from either my or my husband's plates (we have the UDP promo as part of booking the cruise, if that matters).

And lastly, does anyone know how milk is offered on the cruise? Is it in a pitcher/glass or in a packaged "juicebox" type container? I'm wondering if I should bring shelf-stable packs of milk with us for shore excursions or times during the cruise when we're not at a dining venue.

As always, thanks for your input!

I don't know all of the answers, but for meals you will likely be seated at a table for 4 with a high chair at one seat and the 4th left open. I have only been seated with people not from my group once for dinner on an NCL cruise, and only occasionally for breakfast. They will never make you share, and probably won't even ask if you want to.

I am sure they will not say anything about your 1 year old eating from your plate in specialty restaurants either. DS was 10 months old when we cruised and we fed him some from our plates at Moderno as well as in the main dining room.

Hi all, can anyone tell me how a couple with one toddler would be seated when dining at the MDR or specialty restaurants? Do they have tables that would accommodate 2 adults plus 1 high chair? Or would we be grouped together with other odd-numbered groups to form a table?

Also, my understanding is that children under 3 eat free if they order from the children's menu- is the same children's menu also offered at specialty restaurants or is there a different children's menu at those venues? Since my son will be one, I don't expect that he will eat much so would there be an issue if he were to eat from either my or my husband's plates (we have the UDP promo as part of booking the cruise, if that matters).

And lastly, does anyone know how milk is offered on the cruise? Is it in a pitcher/glass or in a packaged "juicebox" type container? I'm wondering if I should bring shelf-stable packs of milk with us for shore excursions or times during the cruise when we're not at a dining venue.

As always, thanks for your input!

Milk service will depend on ship and venue. If your little one doesn't mind the god-awful taste (my opinion, especially if not ice cold) of UHT milk, by all means some small packs would be good. You would be best with individual servings, as once opened you cannot take them off the ship in most ports.

On NCL, you will be seated with just your family, unless you request otherwise. No worries. They have high chairs....and plenty of "kid friendly" foods... and of course he (or anyone!) can share food!!!!Milk is available in ALL eating venues...and you can take some small cartons back to your cabin, if you want....they are the 1/2 pint size, if I remember.

Edited by cb at sea

thanks everyone!

i suppose i can hijack my own thread.... is it really loud at the shows (burn the floor, rock of ages, cirque)? i know roa isn't child-appropriate but DS will be one, so maybe not a factor. but i would like to know if the music will be too loud for tots's hearing health (though i've read posts on cc about parents who've brought their sleeping kids via stroller to the shows, i don't think mine will be able to tune out).

Edited by ayier626