Amazing time on the Summit-7/19/15!

Kteacher

I know, yet another review of the Summit :). We really had an amazing time.

Background info: Many cruises, mostly on RCI. We booked this while onboard the Reflection last summer, so received the 1,2,3, Go package, and I upgraded us to the premium package. We also received some OBC from our TA.

Embarkation and sailaway: Embarkation was quick-one of the fastest I've ever seen. We just missed the cut off for lunch in Luminae, but had a nice lunch in the Cosmopolitan dining room. We were invited to the helipad for sailaway, and yes, the captain did go up past the Statue of Liberty :).

Cabin: 1804, CS. This size cabin is perfect for us, and we really enjoy Michael's Club. Su was our butler, and she was wonderful. The first day we realized we had no hot water, had Su check it to make sure, and it was quickly fixed while we were out at dinner :).

Dining: Luminae really wowed us. The food and service were excellent, and we ate most of our meals there. We also tried the Chef's Table, which was held in Normandie, Qsine, a great restaurant on Front Street in Hamilton (Red Steak House), and were invited to the Captain's Table one night.

Entertainment: We made it to most of the shows, which were enjoyable. We were invited to Indulgance, which is a great concept, but still needs a little tweaking (too much food right after dinner!)

Bermuda: We've been before, and decided to let the weather decide our plans. The first day was Horseshoe Beach, and we decided to take the direct shuttle. Second day was rainy off and on, so we did our shopping, then went to Hamilton on the ferry for Harbor Nights where we walked around and then had a great meal at Red's. The third day we decided to tour the maritime museum as we had never been. Really interesting, and very glad we decided to check it out. We spent over three hours there, and probably could have spent more time. If you've never been, it's definitely worthwhile.

Michael's Club: Kim, the MC Concierge, was awesome, as was Rosie, one of the MC bartenders. We were really sad to leave them!

Ship in general: We avoided the main pool, and were able to find plenty of chairs on the top decks both forward and aft. The thalassotherapy pool was nice, and not too crowded the times we were there. Never stepped foot in the buffet except to pass through to get to the aft bar :).

Debarkation: Fairly quick and painless, but here is where we had our only glitch. We are from Ma., and were using the Academy Charter bus services to and from the port. The ride to Bayonne was perfectly fine. The ride back unfortunately was not. The bus was over 3 hours late picking us up at the pier, and the driver needed directions from all the passengers to the different drop off points.

Sorry to say my husband threw all the dailys away, so I don't have any to share. Happy sails to any traveling on the Summit soon!

Hi, glad you had a good cruise:)....you mentioned Indulgence needing

to be "tweaked"? It has been around for going on a year.....so not sure

they are still doing any tweaks on it anymore:eek:

Hi, glad you had a good cruise:)....you mentioned Indulgence needing

to be "tweaked"? It has been around for going on a year.....so not sure

they are still doing any tweaks on it anymore:eek:

We were invited last year on the Reflection. What was very noticeable was that the food displays, while interesting, went untouched, including items that should really not be sitting out for long periods of time. There just seemed to be a lot of food waste both times we've gone.

We were invited last year on the Reflection. What was very noticeable was that the food displays, while interesting, went untouched, including items that should really not be sitting out for long periods of time. There just seemed to be a lot of food waste both times we've gone.

I went on Reflection too:)..oh....so maybe it is different on Summit. I am

sailing her in November...and as for wasted food.. What else is new?:eek:

Actually, when I was on Reflection it was a brand new event.....I stayed

for about 45 minutes to an hour.....I was invited too...some of it was

interesting but if I had not been invited, I would not have spent 20.00

for it.....it was not worth it (in my opinion).

I cannot believe they are still doing Indulgence.

I am sailing on Summit in November....if they are still having it? I won't

be going (especially if they are still charging).

Agree about not being worth spending 20.00. On the Reflection the venue was in the lounge near the specialty restaurants, so during the event there were people walking through which made it congested. On the Summit the event was closed off, which I think is better, but I still think it should be held later in the evening.

Agree about not being worth spending 20.00. On the Reflection the venue was in the lounge near the specialty restaurants, so during the event there were people walking through which made it congested. On the Summit the event was closed off, which I think is better, but I still think it should be held later in the evening.

Yes, I remember......except when I went, it was late.....not a whole lot

of people were still eating;)........I think it started about 11:30.

Glad you had a great cruise!

Doing a Southern Caribbean in Nov. on the Summit -- 2nd cruise on Celebrity. First one was on Equinox so it will be interesting to be on an M class. We really enjoyed that cruise (most everything about it) and wanted to do Celebrity again.

Wondering...what time were the shows in the theater?

What is it Anna Marie? Ive never even heard of it before today.

They robe off Cellar Masters. You pay $20 and they have food and some drinks. They have those performers on stilts and the dancers and acrobats doing performances around the room. Not anything I would want to partake in.

Here's a link on the Celebrity Productions web-site:

http://celebritycruisesproductions.com/indulgence.html

Edited by CruisingChick

They robe off Cellar Masters. You pay $20 and they have food and some drinks. They have those performers on stilts and the dancers and acrobats doing performances around the room. Not anything I would want to partake in.

Hmmm yea that does sound interesting. A little like circ de sola or whatever?

It was held in The Ensemble Lounge on Reflection.

I know, yet another review of the Summit :). We really had an amazing time.

Background info: Many cruises, mostly on RCI. We booked this while onboard the Reflection last summer, so received the 1,2,3, Go package, and I upgraded us to the premium package. We also received some OBC from our TA.

Embarkation and sailaway: Embarkation was quick-one of the fastest I've ever seen. We just missed the cut off for lunch in Luminae, but had a nice lunch in the Cosmopolitan dining room. We were invited to the helipad for sailaway, and yes, the captain did go up past the Statue of Liberty :).

Cabin: 1804, CS. This size cabin is perfect for us, and we really enjoy Michael's Club. Su was our butler, and she was wonderful. The first day we realized we had no hot water, had Su check it to make sure, and it was quickly fixed while we were out at dinner :).

Dining: Luminae really wowed us. The food and service were excellent, and we ate most of our meals there. We also tried the Chef's Table, which was held in Normandie, Qsine, a great restaurant on Front Street in Hamilton (Red Steak House), and were invited to the Captain's Table one night.

Entertainment: We made it to most of the shows, which were enjoyable. We were invited to Indulgance, which is a great concept, but still needs a little tweaking (too much food right after dinner!)

Bermuda: We've been before, and decided to let the weather decide our plans. The first day was Horseshoe Beach, and we decided to take the direct shuttle. Second day was rainy off and on, so we did our shopping, then went to Hamilton on the ferry for Harbor Nights where we walked around and then had a great meal at Red's. The third day we decided to tour the maritime museum as we had never been. Really interesting, and very glad we decided to check it out. We spent over three hours there, and probably could have spent more time. If you've never been, it's definitely worthwhile.

Michael's Club: Kim, the MC Concierge, was awesome, as was Rosie, one of the MC bartenders. We were really sad to leave them!

Ship in general: We avoided the main pool, and were able to find plenty of chairs on the top decks both forward and aft. The thalassotherapy pool was nice, and not too crowded the times we were there. Never stepped foot in the buffet except to pass through to get to the aft bar :).

Debarkation: Fairly quick and painless, but here is where we had our only glitch. We are from Ma., and were using the Academy Charter bus services to and from the port. The ride to Bayonne was perfectly fine. The ride back unfortunately was not. The bus was over 3 hours late picking us up at the pier, and the driver needed directions from all the passengers to the different drop off points.

Sorry to say my husband threw all the dailys away, so I don't have any to share. Happy sails to any traveling on the Summit soon!

We really liked Summit and are excited to be on here again for April 2017. Having the free bev pkg is just SOOOOOO nice! Get my soda/water every morning, have drinks when you feel like it. price is not any more than AdVenture and it includes the pkg so it was a no brainer.