Help me pick a cabin on Pride!

We're fairly certain we're going to book the Pride for Jan for an adults only trip (if we can arrange the time off and baby sitting).

This will be our first balcony cabin!

We were thinking Deck 7, fore, balcony. Something like 7125 or 7128.

We were also considering an extended balcony. Something like 5118 or 5119. This would be about $80 more (total).

All things being equal, we would prefer being on a higher deck. But, I am 6 ft tall, and my wife is 5 ft 9 in. Would we miss the extra leg room?

The extended balconies on the higher decks are all directly over the lifeboats. Should this even be a consideration? If not, I'd consider a higher deck extended balcony also (Deck 7 would be $20 total more than Deck 5).

Do both types of balconies have the same furniture?

Any other considerations I may be missing? Or suggestions? How much of a difference would an aft extended balcony be?

Those extended balconies as you noted are over the lifeboats, but are also in the recessed parts of the ship. So if you like to look down, left or right, there will never be a direct line to the water or the ends of the ship. And this May not matter to you.

But any extra room is always a plus. It not a lot of extra, but it is not enough not to have to squeeze around things. The furniture is the same.

We have 4 cruises on the Pride and we have cruised the other Spirit class ships as well. We always book an extended balcony on the Upper Deck - forward - normally 5124 and I believe we've been in 5118 as well. Those cabins are far enough forward the life boats are not beneath them - great views. The only issue is sometimes if there is something happening in the theater late you can faintly hear because the theater is directly below.

We were just on the Pride in June and we had a premium balcony - 7299! It was simply awesome! The cabin was huge - like the size of a suite. It had marble counters and lots of storage. It also had a long wide balcony with 2 regular chairs. the little table and a lounger.

You could see life boats if you looked down while standing at the rail, but when you were seated, the view was unobstructed.

It's near the aft elevators, but we had no noise issues. No vibration either. It was very convenient, but it was a hike up to the gym and the main show lounge. Didn't bother us.

I booked because of this video

Those extended balconies at the front of the ship are NOT over the lifeboats. We had 5117 on Pride and absolutely loved it. The cabins up there are actually a slight bit larger, and the extended balconies up there are a bit larger than the standard extended balconies as well. I would chose that cabin again in a heartbeat. Perfect location, and you look straight down to the water.

Only drawback, it's close to the anchor so if you're tendering at all, you will hear the anchor early in the morning.

We have 5109 in September. Hope it's a good cabin!

Kim

You got an excellent cabin. Those extended balcony cabins at the front of the ship are the best, and kind of a best kept secret. lol

I've seen some pictures/video of the Pride extended balconies' date=' and some have a sloped railing, and some have a straight railing. Which ones are where?

Thanks.[/quote']

Sloped railings are the ones on deck 5 at the front of the ship

Sloped railings are the ones on deck 5 at the front of the ship

Thanks. Right now, I'm leaning towards the deck 5 extended. With just the two of us, it seems we don't need the extra walking room, but the extra leg room/room for the table would be nice. Plus I like how it appears to overhang right over the water.

I found this youtube video of the deck 5 balcony from the legend.

I know this is a sister ship, so are there any differences from what I'd find on the Pride?

Thanks. Right now' date=' I'm leaning towards the deck 5 extended. With just the two of us, it seems we don't need the extra walking room, but the extra leg room/room for the table would be nice. Plus I like how it appears to overhang right over the water.

I found this youtube video of the deck 5 balcony from the legend.

I know this is a sister ship, so are there any differences from what I'd find on the Pride?[/quote']

No differences. Those really are my favorite cabins. Enjoy.

We were just on the Pride in June and we had a premium balcony - 7299! It was simply awesome! The cabin was huge - like the size of a suite. It had marble counters and lots of storage. It also had a long wide balcony with 2 regular chairs. the little table and a lounger.

You could see life boats if you looked down while standing at the rail, but when you were seated, the view was unobstructed.

It's near the aft elevators, but we had no noise issues. No vibration either. It was very convenient, but it was a hike up to the gym and the main show lounge. Didn't bother us.

I booked because of this video

We have also stayed in this cabin as well as 7301 beside it. Both have much bigger cabins and balconies. Premium balcony is a bit more money but well worth it.

We love the extended balcony rooms on the Pride. Our favorite is 7291. It was very quiet, close to the elevator, and the bigger balcony was great. I loved having the extra room for the table and for my husband to stretch out (he's 6'3). We've booked the same room again for our cruise in December. The lifeboat may have been below us, but I don't remember noticing it and I'm not seeing it in any of our pictures. We didn't have the angled railing, ours was straight up and down.

Very similar to this video--

The only thing you might want to keep in mind about the rooms on deck 5 is that they are right near camp carnival, so you might have some noise from families coming and going through that hallway. And in our experience, that part of the ship rocks HARD when the water is rough. We couldn't even sit in Camp Carnival without being ill, and we were all over the place in the Taj when we hit storms on the way back from our last cruise.

We are booked in 8232. The balcony is huge!! Our Carnival planner told us about this room and it usually isn't available to book online. It is right near the elevators and stairs that are one floor away from the serenity and food and bars. It is the perfect location!! Go to ******************** and you can see awesome pictures of the balcony!

Edited by erbille10

We are booked in 8232. The balcony is huge!! Our Carnival planner told us about this room and it usually isn't available to book online. It is right near the elevators and stairs that are one floor away from the serenity and food and bars. It is the perfect location!!

We were in 8232 this past January. Loved it. :D Just like 7258. Did not hear any noise from Lido above us.

We are booked in 8232. The balcony is huge!! Our Carnival planner told us about this room and it usually isn't available to book online. It is right near the elevators and stairs that are one floor away from the serenity and food and bars. It is the perfect location!! Go to ******************** and you can see awesome pictures of the balcony!

When are you cruising? We are in 8230. We don't get the huge balcony, but the location looks pretty good.

We were in 6227 in June. Loved that location!

:)

When are you cruising? We are in 8230. We don't get the huge balcony, but the location looks pretty good.

We were in 6227 in June. Loved that location!

:)

We had cabins 8228 and 8230 a few years back on the Pride and LOVED them.

The extra legroom was nice!!!!!:D:D:D

OK, I see the sloped glass. The extended balconies make all the difference. I like a cabin on floors between other cabins so you don't get the lido noise. Deck 5 is fine. I've stayed in many of these Balconies on decks 4, 5, 6, 7. I really do appreciate the extra room on the balcony.

The balconies on HAL are all bigger. I do believe the cabins are a little smaller.