Need travel agent for Seadream

sparks

We have decided to book the Seadream II next December. We went with a travel agent that booked our friends on this same cruise. I did not check prices which I usually do & I think I might be able to get a lower price for this trip. I posted a quote on Cruise Complete & found one with a lower bid, but before I could act on it, they canceled my quote post because I had already booked. Now I would like to get quotes from other TAs & maybe cancel the booking & go with someone else. Any suggestions? Thanks

We have decided to book the Seadream II next December. We went with a travel agent that booked our friends on this same cruise. I did not check prices which I usually do & I think I might be able to get a lower price for this trip. I posted a quote on Cruise Complete & found one with a lower bid, but before I could act on it, they canceled my quote post because I had already booked. Now I would like to get quotes from other TAs & maybe cancel the booking & go with someone else. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi Sparks,

Travel agent recommendations are not allowed on the boards. Please read the community guidelines.

Happy Cruising!

Host Dan :)

Sparks --

If you are an experienced traveler and can make your connections yourself, have you tried booking directly with Sea Dream itself? Its been great working with a Personal Travel Consultant at SeaDream and I haven't found a lower price anywhere. By booking directly you may give up an "on-board credit" voucher some travel agents throw in, but I've found that the price differential usually doesn't warrant using a travel agent.

FT

Sparks ... FT is right on the money. I do some consulting in the travel industry and can second that your best bet is to work directly with SeaDream on pricing. Be sure to ask if they have any specials for the ship and date that you are considering.

Bon voyage!

Hi -

We had a similar issue. Actually, My TA would NOT BOOK THE SHIP for whatever reason, so I simply emailed the cruise line. The person, Andrew Cohen, could not have been nicer, answered all my questions, and even help me find a web site for hotel info in St. Thomas. Book directly with these guys - they are professional, kind and know what they are doing,

Dan

Wow Dan ... I can't imagine a TA NOT booking a cruise:confused:

All of the folks that I have dealt with at SD via email and phone have been great!

I agree DisneyJen! Its just that recommending a specific travel agent or agency is against the community guidelines. (Booking through the cruise line doesn't apply)

Hope this clears that up! Its been way too long since I've sailed Seadream!

Host Dan

Sparks --

Just a thought - if you are looking for a TA solely for a better deal -- remember Sea Dream does not have the "bulk" cabin deals that the much larger lines give to selected travel agents. Before dealing direct with SD, we used two separate agents and received the same pricing on a cruise.

For flights, I found working with the Sea Dream partners on the web site has given me the best international business class fares, but again, due to the few number of cabins - limited number of passengers (one of the best reasons for SD), "package deals" don't result in savings above Web prices.

good luck

FT

I was also amazed that the travel agent would not book Seadream - not that they did not like the ship but the LARGE cruise only agency they worked for did not promote the ship (they do not have a contract with them that pays them enough)!!!!

Dan

We got lucky. I called many agencies including the ones I normally use that are internet based. No deals. All the same price as going direct. Then a local agency called me the next day(9/1) to tell me she received a corporate e-mail announcing a sale (from 9/6-9/9) on SeaDream for particular cruise dates for an additional $500 of per person! I was all ready to book directly w/SeaDream, thought fare was fair. But we were quite happy to save $1000!

We're the ones cruising with Sparks, and we're cruising on a "sale" date; I contacted a TA I used before, but didn't seek competetive prices (my bad) and Sparks loves to shop; apparently many TA's don't deal with Sea Dream and she's having trouble getting competetive bids; anyway, it'll all work out, we're really looking forward to this cruise, the promise of a casual but luxurious cruise is so appealing.

Anyway, we have another problem; my sister (also a friend of Sparks) wants to travel on the same cruise (12/3/06, Sea Dream II), but can't afford the single fare; anyone have any idea how to find a another single who might want to take that cruise (a San Juan round trip)?

Many thanks

Sparks you may want to consider waiting a few months before booking as I have found over the last two years that SD drops their prices quite a bit ... especially about 6 months out.

For instance, when I booked our Nov. 6 cruise in April the "Save Today" price was $2,999 for a specific Cat. 2 while the brochure rate was $4,999. Now if we went the guaranteed Cat. 2 rate the price would, as of today, be $1,699 ... all of this info is on www.seadreamyachtclub.com

I am pretty picky about cabin location so we went with a specific cabin instead of the guaranteed rate. I know folks who have taken the guaranteed rate and have had cabins on Deck 2 or 3.

Not sure if I confused or helped:p

• 3 weeks later...
...my sister (also a friend of Sparks) wants to travel on the same cruise (12/3/06, Sea Dream II), but can't afford the single fare;

What is the single supplement on Sea Dream? We are considering taking another SD cruise in 2006 and have a single who may join us. We did not know what to tell them regarding cruising as a single on SD...

Ingrid

Archived