passion island Cozumel

Has anyone recently gone to Passion Island in Cozumel? We have been many times before. Always loved it. But recently some friends of mine from work went on my recomendation. They were disappointed. They said the water was cloudy. Lots of seaweed everywhere. Can anyone comment on this?

Following this because I would like to know also. Is there any other way to get to passion island besides the jet boat? We want to go but our daughter is too young for the boat ride.

I'm confused... she's old enough to take a cruise but not old enough to ride in a boat??? :confused::confused::confused:

I'm confused... she's old enough to take a cruise but not old enough to ride in a boat??? :confused::confused::confused:

For the excursion that is the jet boat then passion island the age they have to be over 7. It's a very fast boat and I'm sure it's b/c of the seat belts not being able to accommodate a smaller person.

Has anyone recently gone to Passion Island in Cozumel? We have been many times before. Always loved it. But recently some friends of mine from work went on my recomendation. They were disappointed. They said the water was cloudy. Lots of seaweed everywhere. Can anyone comment on this?

If you decide to consider an alternative, I've been to Playa Mia several times and always had a great time

For the excursion that is the jet boat then passion island the age they have to be over 7. It's a very fast boat and I'm sure it's b/c of the seat belts not being able to accommodate a smaller person.

There are other non-jet-boat options available... google "Passion Island in Cozumel" and you'll find many other excursion offerings.

Not recently, I'll admit, but it was one of our favorite excursions ever (we were on Carnival for that cruise).

We saw the jet boat when we were there, but we booked a catamaran excursion which was fabulous. It's not the type of catamaran with the big wide pontoon things on each side; it looked more like a small ferry. Had inside seating and a top deck if you wanted to be in the sun/wind. It was about a 30-40 minute ride, seems like. The inside seating was on plastic benches with backs, about 5-6 people per bench. If we ever did another cruise that went to Cozumel, we would do this excursion again, for sure.

Two ways to get there. One is a twister boat. It looks like a fast very bumpy boat ride. The other one best liked and most used is a catarman ferry type boat. Takes 45 minutes. But a pleasant scenic ride. The seats are hard bench types. If it is raining the end seats will get wet. If you drank liquor at the beach the ones riding back seem to be the happiest. Singing along and laughing all the way.

The Twister boat was fun and the smaller group is less work to get organized. We were on the island quickly and enjoyed an hour before the large catamaran groups arrived. The only negative was the sales pitch on arrival and the usual begging for tips from the crew.

• 2 months later...

It used to one of our favorite places to go , so pretty and quiet . Just loved going there . We probably went there 4 or 5 times . Then the worst thing happened they sold their soles to the cruise companies and it was straight downhill , you cant get a chair , crowds were like 10 X the size. Hard to get a drink . The ONLY improvement I saw is they made them improve the food service it was a little primitive before , but it was okay and they were clean and the food was good. We stopped going when the last time we went and they ran out of lounge chairs. for our party . We did finally get one because we knew everyone there as we had been going so often we knew a lot of the staff by name so they found us one. Our last trip to Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach $3 to get in Lots of lounge chairs Great pool and beach all they ask is that you spend $10 in food and drink . Not crowded at all . Wonderful day.

The Twister boat is SUPER insane! Very high speed thrill ride and the more you scream the more the guys on the boat will spin you round and round. I screamed at the top of my lungs for much of the ride, they seemed to find it amusing. It's a lot of fun and as someone else mentioned, you will be at the island before the giant slow boat. So you can get your pick of things. We went on a day that was very rainy so we basically sat under the palapa with everyone else getting tipsy on drinks, nothing else to do. So I can't comment on the beach, I never saw it. The twister boat made our day worthwhile! But it is certainly not for kids, they can take the ferry boat.