Cabana rentals of Half Moon Cay?

wolfatlga

Greetings,

We are going to get a Cabana for Half Moon Cay and would like suggestions on which ones are best and which to avoid.

Also is it safe to leave stuff there or take it with us in the water. Cell phone and some cash.

I can't take the sun all day and this looks like a good choice.

Thanks for your input.

Roy

There's a lot of info on the private islands site. I've been there three times. I suggest 9-11. Close enough to the bathroom and BBQ far enough away from the crowds. 1-5 are in the crowds and 5 is right near the bar. We got 15 last time thinking since it was the farthest away it would be the quietest. Well I was wrong by noon there was at least 50 crew members next to us. All smoking and playing loud music. They were even smoking in the water, dumping their ashes in that beautiful water.

I forgot to say we felt safe leaving our valuables in there while we were in the water since you can see the cabana. There is an unlocked cabinet you can use. We did bring our camera with us to the BBQ. You don't need any cash or CC on the island. You can use your S&S card for drinks. I brought a few $1 to tip the guy who drives you to the cabana.

I'm a fan of cabanas 9-11. You avoid the crowds that don't wander that far down the beach but you're close to lunch and bathrooms. I would avoid cabanas 1-5 - the beach is much more crowded and we had problems with people coming up to our cabana to use the shower. I'd be very hesitant to leave anything of value without someone present in those cabanas. However, they do have lockers available.

We had 13 and 8 and liked both with probably the edge to 8. If you want fewer people around go above 11. We felt safe leaving valuables in the cabana while in the water since the cabana is right there in front of you. We took turns going to lunch so nothing would be unattended.

We've been to HMC twice and rented # 9 both times. 8,9,or 10 are all in a great location , far enough from the main crowds , very short walk to bathrooms. We have left our valuables , but never out of site of cabana. On our last trip in April , my wife was laying on a lounger , I was in the water , and a man came up to cabana and just took one of the water floats right off the rail and used it for his family. We pointed it out to the lifeguard there so we wouldn't be responsible if lost.

Greetings,

We are going to get a Cabana for Half Moon Cay and would like suggestions on which ones are best and which to avoid.

Also is it safe to leave stuff there or take it with us in the water. Cell phone and some cash.

I can't take the sun all day and this looks like a good choice.

Thanks for your input.

Roy

I like the ones about halfway down the beach. There is a restroom just behind the cabanas at that location. It helps to cut down on people helping themselves to your cabana (but doesn't stop it) because you are putting distance between the place where the tenders drop people off and the cabana. And it isn't too far from the food pavilion. I purchase small dry boxes with clips and place cash and sail and sign card in that, and then just clip it to my bathing suit strap. Enjoy your day in paradise!

There are many different sizes of dry boxes. Here is one example:

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Card-Holder-Case-Submersible/dp/B00LG33QRO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1438536905&sr=8-5&keywords=dry+box+for+credit+card

........ a man came up to cabana and just took one of the water floats right off the rail and used it for his family. We pointed it out to the lifeguard there so we wouldn't be responsible if lost.

This has happened to me 2 times at HMC :(

We have a cabana rental for the next cruise, I hope this wont happen yet again.

Try these, the Vacation Vault. I got mine from Amazon, but a lot of places sell them. They hook to a chair and can hold a few wallets, cell phones, and cameras. Three of us put all out valuables in there. I worry about leaving my things out when I am in port.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Vacation-Vault-Portable-Lightweight-Travel-Safe-with-Three-Dial-Combination-Lock-Green-VV-GREEN/202512248?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-202512204-_-202512248-_-N

For something larger, try the Kyss Bag

http://www.kyssbags.com/

We've been to HMC twice and rented # 9 both times. 8,9,or 10 are all in a great location , far enough from the main crowds , very short walk to bathrooms. We have left our valuables , but never out of site of cabana. On our last trip in April , my wife was laying on a lounger , I was in the water , and a man came up to cabana and just took one of the water floats right off the rail and used it for his family. We pointed it out to the lifeguard there so we wouldn't be responsible if lost.

We always take the mats off the railing and put them on the floor. Takes away the temptation....

We also had this happen in June while we were there. My husband didn't really use one so we just let it go, but my 2 daughters and myself used the other 3. The man actually took it for his elderly mother to use, so I felt better about it, just wished he would have asked us prior to just taking it. There was another family who also was trying to find some shade and the man ended up sitting on our landing to get relief from the sun. However, he was very nice and said he hoped we didn't mind him just sitting there. Hey we were so excited about having a cabana I didn't really care at the time. We had cabana 8 which was an excellent location near the bathrooms and not to far from the food area. Can't wait to go back again, hope you enjoy your visit!

I'm not sure what valuables would be needed on HMC. You really don't need any cash or credit cards. I just brought a few $1 to tip the guy that drives you in the golf cart to the cabana.( you can walk) Drinks go on your card.

Cash keeps the servers coming back to your cabana to tend to your bar needs. Ocean salt water isn't good for the magnetic strip on the sail and sign card either.