Why is Celebrity charging now if a drink exceeds the premium package amount?

Wj420

I heard this from a friend who recently returned from the solstice and today I read it in a thread on a suite subject. We sailed in April and didn't experience this. She. Did the policy change? Just curious. Seems a bit unfair to charge the full amount. Too many free drink packages given out perhaps?

I heard this from a friend who recently returned from the solstice and today I read it in a thread on a suite subject. We sailed in April and didn't experience this. She. Did the policy change? Just curious. Seems a bit unfair to charge the full amount. Too many free drink packages given out perhaps?

Your friend must be mistaken and maybe didn't really upgrade to Premium.

Celebrity only charges full price for Classic package holder who buys outside the price limits.

Premium Package holders get charged only the "upcharge" if it exceeds the package value. I like a $15 glass of wine, and get a small upcharge plus gratuity to cover the overage when on a premium package.

There are some things that even with premium package, you pay full price for, like bottles of wine (but get a 20% discount) buckets of beer, flights and tastings etc. Room service is always at full charge no matter what package. Mini bar full charge, no matter the package.

If they have been charging full price for premium drinks packages over limit, these boards would be SCREAMING about it.

Can you post a link to the relative suite thread where you also saw this?

Edited by cle-guy

What is the dollar allowance for a glass of wine and a cocktail on the premium drink package?

Premium

• all drinks are capped at $13
  • Get 20% off bottles of wine

Classic

• Beers up to $6
  • Spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks etc. $8
  • Wine $9
  • Get 15% off bottles of wine

Link to Celebrity website

Link to brands in each package (to be used as a guide, not a guarantee)

On UK Sailings, as they have to display prices inclusive of gratuity on printed menus, the allowances above are increased to include the 18%.

Edited by cle-guy