Drinks Packages

Bav

Celebrity are offering 'free drinks' on certain cruises next year. Does this mean 'free' ! or is there anything in the small print....? ( just me being cynical )..Also my invoice states 'drinks package' Can anybody throw any light on this please.? what is a drink package ?

well, you are paying for it, in that it is included in the fare you will pay.

The drinks packages that are being offered are the Classic Level, not the Premium level, although you can upgrade.

They cover unlimited amounts -- you can order as many beverages as you want per day. They also cover the gratuity on those beverages.

The different options are spelled out on the Celebrity website. Check there and come back here if you have any specific questions.

well, you are paying for it, in that it is included in the fare you will pay.

The drinks packages that are being offered are the Classic Level, not the Premium level, although you can upgrade.

They cover unlimited amounts -- you can order as many beverages as you want per day. They also cover the gratuity on those beverages.

The different options are spelled out on the Celebrity website. Check there and come back here if you have any specific questions.

The DW and I were just talking about spending a “Millennium in Ketchikan.” Our next cruise is through the Panama Canal. Then we’ll try Alaska again.

Celebrity offers a variety of packages for drinks on their ships. There are packages for non-alcohol beverages, for beverages that include alcohol drinks and one that basically includes most beverages on board, up to a certain price point. The one that you are being offered is called Classic Alcohol Beverage Package. That is a basic package that includes alcohol drinks up to a certain price, soft drinks, basic bottled water, specialty coffees and teas, juices, beer up to a certain price, and wine up to a certain price.

If you are from Devon, in the UK, Bev, and booked through Celebrity U.K. or a British Travel agent it is likely your drinks package is NOT the "classic drinks package", but instead a new one to the Brit market only, of " standard drinks package."

To see for yourself what is covered within the standard package enter the Celebrity.co.uk web site, scrol down and click on the All Inclusive Banner.

If you are from a place called Devon, outside the U.K. then please ignore this message.

I would like to thank all the people who pointed me in the right direction. I now know that I am getting the Classic Package.....Yes I am from Devon UK... for the information of our American Cousins, we are country people with straw behind our ears ! Bye the way the drinks package was offered by my TA after I had booked....(at his expense) I just wanted to know which package....thankyou all for your replies.

Oggy Oggy Oggy ! (an old Devon Chant)

To clarify, in the UK the current Celebrity offer is for the "select" package for Oceanview, and "Classic" for balcony and CC. It's premium for Aqua and above. As for what your TA allegedly added, I'd clarify. . . .

Stuart

Edited by Wiltonian

We have the classic beverage package and I was wondering about the coffee drinks. Can you get all coffees or only regualr coffee? For instance, I love a frappachino or a latte, can you get these type of coffee drinks with this package or do you have to have the premium package? I have heard conflicting reports. Some say premium is for coffee with alcohol in it?

I would like to thank all the people who pointed me in the right direction. I now know that I am getting the Classic Package.....Yes I am from Devon UK... for the information of our American Cousins, we are country people with straw behind our ears ! Bye the way the drinks package was offered by my TA after I had booked....(at his expense) I just wanted to know which package....thankyou all for your replies.

Good result, and keep that TA.

Oi,Oi,OI.:p

We have the classic beverage package and I was wondering about the coffee drinks. Can you get all coffees or only regualr coffee? For instance, I love a frappachino or a latte, can you get these type of coffee drinks with this package or do you have to have the premium package? I have heard conflicting reports. Some say premium is for coffee with alcohol in it?

If you have the classic liquor package, you can have coffee with liquor as long as those are within the the price limit...like

• Campari
  • Amaretto
  • Frangelico
  • Kahlua
  • Tia Maria
  • Pimms 1
  • Cointreau
  • Chambord
  • Bailey's Irish Cream
  • Drambuie
  • Cointreau
  • Chambord
  • Bailey's
  • Irish
  • Cream
  • Drambuie

If you have the classic liquor package, you can have coffee with liquor as long as those are within the the price limit...like

• Campari
  • Amaretto
  • Frangelico
  • Kahlua
  • Tia Maria
  • Pimms 1
  • Cointreau
  • Chambord
  • Bailey's Irish Cream
  • Drambuie
  • Cointreau
  • Chambord

• Drambuie

Cheers, I like Aspen Coffees, which has a dash of Frangelico, Baileys and Kahlua in it.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

This just made me laugh - very hard.

Thanks!

LOL. Aren't we all "country people with straw behind our ears" in some aspect of our lives?

There's a really helpful drink thread here .

Have a great cruise!

Bye the way the drinks package was offered by my TA after I had booked....(at his expense) I just wanted to know which package....)

It sure would have been nice to know this from the beginning, that it was a gift, not something you overlooked. Now which of the packages did they give you? That makes a huge difference.

Another classic package question. I have seen different drinks at various bars. If they are under $8.00, can they ordered as part of the drink package.

Basically yes, as long as they are a drink that fits within the description of the package.

To be honest the Classic Package isn't on my radar, but as an example f it doesn't include soft drinks, you can't get a softdrink no matter the price.

Hope that makes sense.