New to Disney/ dress code ?

charlie52

We sail two to three times a year but this is the first time on Disney. Since we are on such a short (three day) cruise I am thinking that it will be more informal in the dining room than on Celebrity. I am packing collared shirts and slacks for my husband. I am wondering if nice capri's would be acceptable for me. Also, will my 4 year old grand son need slacks for dinner or will he be okay in dress shorts? Thanks for your help, I know people get sick of dress code questions :cool:

We sail two to three times a year but this is the first time on Disney. Since we are on such a short (three day) cruise I am thinking that it will be more informal in the dining room than on Celebrity. I am packing collared shirts and slacks for my husband. I am wondering if nice capri's would be acceptable for me. Also, will my 4 year old grand son need slacks for dinner or will he be okay in dress shorts? Thanks for your help, I know people get sick of dress code questions :cool:

The only "dress code" on DCL is "no swimwear or tank tops for dinner". Beyond that, you'll see all manner of dress.

A note, the 3 & 4 night cruises generally are "cruise casual" every night, but there may be a "Dress Up OPTIONAL" night one night. Dress up or not, as you wish.

Of course, if you plan on dining in Palo or Remy, there is a dress code.

Dress code at Palo:

• Men: Dress pants and dress shirt (a jacket is optional)

• Women: Dress or pantsuit

• No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Dress code at Remy:

• Men: Dress pants with jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required—ties are optional.

• Women: A dress, cocktail dress, pantsuit or skirt/blouse is required

• No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Edited by Shmoo here

Capri's for you and collared shirts and slacks or dress shorts for your husband and grandson sound perfect to me, and above the dress code request.

I hope you will love your cruise and know you will be dressed appropriately for the elegant MDR's!

ex techie

There is almost no enforced dress code on Disney. Even the "no tank top" request is not enforced.

My suggestion--be decent and comfortable. The longer the cruise, the more people tend to dress up a bit. 3 and 4 night cruises, the "suggested attire" is "cruise casual" with one night listed as "Dress up optional." That means wear whatever you want! The people who dress up tend to be the ones who want family portraits done.