New Suite Amenities coming in January 2016

Old As Dirt Mom

All they are doing is once again spreading the Neptune/Pinnacle Suite amenities thinner. First they gave them to Star Mariners and now to lower category suites. Fine with me if that is what they wish to do but please don't think we don't notice and 'get it'. :D I really don't care who gets what benefits but I do care for a smoke and mirrors game.

I agree. I wonder how many meetings and how much accounting went into choosing these amenities as something we would 'value'. :D Surely this can't be all there is to the upgraded benefits, is it? :confused:

That's what plastic bags are for.

When traveling in extreme climates, put the binoculars (or your camera & lenses) in a plastic bag before leaving the cabin. Then, when you carry it outside, the condensation will be on the outside of the bag. After a few minutes, when the object has acclimated, you can take it out without it fogging up.

This is a great tip! Thanks for posting it! :)

Our experience with room service "hot water" is that it comes in jugs that smell like tea :( OMG gross :(

Could you bring along your own thermos for hot water from the Lido? Do a french press and then put it into the thermos? Decent coffee is essential to my health and well-being -- sounds like it is to you, too.

We also bring along Via instant in Italian or French roast.

You can definitely bring a thermos to fill with hot water from the Lido (or Neptune Lounge if you have access). I've done it for years. I have not brought a French press because I am a tea drinker. I think that is a great idea if you are a coffee drinker.

That's a great idea. I've actually been seriously looking into getting an Aeropress, so now might be a good time for that, and I still have my old, trusty, Stanley Thermos! It's dented up, but still works like a champ!

Too bad I most likely wouldn't be allowed to use my little alcohol stove on board. That would completely solve the problem! But if candles are prohibited, I'm pretty sure that would be as well.

Effective January 2016, the Neptune and Pinnacle suites will be receiving the following, in addition to the amenities they already receive:

An in-suite coffee and espresso machine

Bose SoundDock

Expanded line of Elemis bath amenities

complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast

I've been fortunate enough to sail in suites with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and NCL. Carnival doesn't really offer any real perks except for priority boarding and a larger cabin. NCL and RCCL perks are about equal just different. Really, there is no excuse for not having SOME type of coffee maker in a suite. What better than to make a fresh/timely/hot cup of coffee and head to your balcony? The complimentary mimosas SHOULD be offered whether one decides to enjoy in-suite breakfast OR chose to have breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill. If HAL wants to increase suite amenities, offer a daily cocktail time in the Neptune Lounge.

The cabin stewards are stretched so thin now with having more cabins to take care of,

Regardless of what the room quantities the stewards handle WAS and IS, hasn't it been long enough now (several years) that one would think if this excuse is still being used perhaps the staff just "can't cut it"?

I don't mean to say that the staff onboard is anything other than amazing, and obviously shortly after the changes they made to the stewards there was a learning curve on the new approach etc...

But doesn't a point eventually come where staff should have either adjusted, or picked a different career path?

The complimentary mimosas SHOULD be offered whether one decides to enjoy in-suite breakfast OR chose to have breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill. If HAL wants to increase suite amenities, offer a daily cocktail time in the Neptune Lounge.

Agreed. Awesome to have it in-suite but what does it hurt to offer it in the PG as well? Now, not offering it in the MDR, lido, etc... fair enough

And before anyone nitpicks you, daily cocktail time could also include juices, soft drinks and some nicer bottled waters

Regardless of what the room quantities the stewards handle WAS and IS, hasn't it been long enough now (several years) that one would think if this excuse is still being used perhaps the staff just "can't cut it"?

I don't mean to say that the staff onboard is anything other than amazing, and obviously shortly after the changes they made to the stewards there was a learning curve on the new approach etc...

But doesn't a point eventually come where staff should have either adjusted, or picked a different career path?

On a few of our cruises, when DH comes down the stairs from the gym about 7 AM he has run into a couple of our cabin stewards polishing the hand rails, vacuuming, etc. -- some them are also doing other duties before they begin on the cabins. DH got into a conversation about all these extra duties and work hours, a couple of them admitted that they were leaving HAL once their contracts were up as they has no idea that they would be required to do other duties besides working on the cabins.

• 9 months later...

September will be our first cruise - ever. We are celebrating 43 years of marriage and going all out for our trip including a suite.

I booked our cruise in September 2015. There were so many amenities that we were excited about that are no longer available. :( The amenities were part of what drew us to Princess. I know things change but still......

Please tell me if I am wrong. This is according to Princess.

Amenities Lost:

Sabitini breakfast + mimosa (not available any longer on all ships)

corsage for first formal dinner

Lotus spa (not available any longer on all ships)

I think the robes were downgraded from luxurious to terry shawl.

:(

Yes, there are a few changes in place of the ones listed above, however they are minimal compared to the luxurious breakfast/mimosa and spa. You can't beat free ice twice daily.

It will not ruin our vacation but sure glad they did it months in advance to give us time to adjust. Just hope they don't change anything else before then.

Still excited about the trip but somewhat disappointed some with Princess. :) :(

September will be our first cruise - ever. We are celebrating 43 years of marriage and going all out for our trip including a suite.

I booked our cruise in September 2015. There were so many amenities that we were excited about that are no longer available. :( The amenities were part of what drew us to Princess. I know things change but still......

Amenities Lost:

Yes, there are a few changes in place of the ones listed above, however they are minimal compared to the luxurious breakfast/mimosa and spa. You can't beat free ice twice daily.

It will not ruin our vacation but sure glad they did it months in advance to give us time to adjust. Just hope they don't change anything else before then.

Still excited about the trip but somewhat disappointed some with Princess. :) :(

Congratulations on your anniversary and first cruise! Perks change all the time...on all lines. You might want to try posting this on the Princess board for specific information from recent Princess suite cruisers.

Good luck, and enjoy Alaska!:)

Amenities Lost:

When Princess added SHARE to some (four) ships, they removed Sabatini's to make room. If there is a Sabatini's, then breakfast is there. If there is no Sabatinis, then it is in the Steak House or whatever they call it. Same menu, same service, just a different location.

We won't miss the corsage as we always have the steward give it to someone else who will be attending formal nights.

The robes aren't worth a moments thought. They come in three sizes Small, Extra-Small, and Extra-Extra-Small. Since we don't do formal nights, I have plenty of room to bring my own.

BTW, do not miss the suites breakfast where ever it is. It's the best suite amenity there is.

Amenities Lost:

Hi there

I see that you have brought up an old thread and the cruises you have listed in your signature are on Princess.

You should be posting on the Princess board and asking questions there.

Thanks everyone for your kind responses. There are so many nice and helpful people on CC.

Krazy Kruzers,

Sorry, that my post was in the wrong thread. Since my post was number 63, and I was commenting on other posts, I was not aware of starting a new thread. It was simply a post. If I can't comment on the thread that I am reading, then maybe you can tell me the correct way of posting.