Booked Segment on QE World Cruise

paphoslady

Well finally done it after lots of research - we are booked on the Osaka to Hong Kong segment of QE's world cruise. Excited as we have never been to the Far East before, little worried as lots of the reviews for QE aren't good at the moment. Only sailed with Cunard once, that was a 4 day cruise last September and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Any thoughts as to why the reviews are poor at the moment?

Wish we could travel for longer but work commitments simply don't allow that at the moment :(

We are in the same segment but starting in Tokyo so on board for 10 nights.

We have had no problems with QE and have just come off 2 quite close together trips and not really sure what the problems are.

Will have to meet when on board to see how you are finding it.

The review section of this site seems to exist in a completely different world to the forums. Apart from two glowing recent reviews the rest of them for this year have been pretty dreadful.

I've only been on QE once but we had a great time and I can't believe QE is so much worse than her sisters.

If anyone has returned recently and would like to post a review, QE needs your help !

Glad to hear your trips were good Lynne.

We have only been on QE once, a couple of years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed our trip and the ship herself. We are on her again at the end of the month and don't anticipate any problems - if there are, well, we'll deal with them at the time.

At the end of the day, all opinions are just that, opinions and yours may differ from others. So go and have a wonderful time. We love the Far East.

I’ve been on QE for a number of cruises and I think she is the best of QE and QV. QM2 is in a very different category, she’s my favorite for TAs. QE is beautifully decorated and I have found the negative comments about her do not reflect my experience. Enjoy, I may see you as I am on the entire World Cruise next year.:D

I have cruised on QE for 130 days in the last year and a half and loved all of it. The ship is in great shape (or at least she was in January), the food is good, the service has been wonderful and there are plenty of things to do or places to go if you just want to relax. Enjoy your segment.

I don't understand the negativity surrounding QE on the reviews section. I thoroughly enjoyed my time on her last year - so much so I have booked 25 nights on her in Dec.

I consider myself a picky person, so goodness knows how truly fussy the reviewers must be to write down the ship!

We are off on Queen Elizabeth on Sunday for our first Cunard Experience - only a short trip to Hamburg this time unfortunately. I will let you know how we got on when we get back. We are so excited.

Hello,of course everything is personal and obviously one must respect people.Having said all that I am at a loss to understand why anyone could or would complain about Queen Elizabeth.My wife and I have been on all three several times and Queen Elizabeth is our favourite.

We are booked on her last day of this month and again in November.

I guess that really sums up our thought of the ship.

Rodger.

I cannot understand that systematic negativity about QE either.

We did the WC segment from Singapore to Dubai on QE 2 years ago, and that was probably the best of our (all excellent) cruises on Cunard ships. There was a silly norovirus outbreak that had them decide to close the Verandah restaurant to free extra waiters for serving passengers in the Lido, which was hard to endure, but it is hard to blame Cunard for that. Otherwise, the ship was beautiful, comfortable and immaculate. Excellent service by the crew too.

I would like to get on board QE again in the near future, but her itineraries do not quite match what we want to do. Fortunately, dear old QV always seems to be there for us...

Hello Paphos lady, Very, very hot here in Cyprus at the moment. ;)

I am sure you are going to love QE. Like Scrapnana I have sailed on QE on a full world which Scrapnana & I did in in 2014 and again we were on board together earlier this year.

My husband and I also did a world in 2011 on QE . There is nothing not to like about her.

I love QM2 and done a worldie on her also and she was always my favourite ship, but the past year or so QE suits as we booked her for the itinerary more than anything else.

I find her very well kept and very friendly ship. I have also been on QV a on world cruise segment, but QE seems to suit our needs. We will be on QE again for the world cruise next year but doing a different segment Cape Town to Sydney.

The segment Hong Kong to Osaka will be great. We have done these ports before and they are so interesting.

There is a roll call for 2016 world cruise running on this forum. Maybe you would like to look in there for information from others on this cruise.

We are looking forward already to our world segment next year but in the mean time we have a 24 day cruise on QE in November booked to keep us going. ;) So we must be happy with QE.

If you want to read what we did in Japan and other ports on the world cruise here is a link to my blog.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/109-cruise-news/40549-maggiemou-s-adventures-turning-japanese-i-really-think-so.html?highlight=maggiemou%27s+adventures

Stay cool if you are in Cyprus. :) Maggiemou.

Edited by maggiemou
add info.

Maggie I have asked you on another thread, so sorry I am repeating it here - I just wondered what you wear during the day on board Cunard. Am looking for a benchmark and I know you always do the right thing.

Edited by Scriv

Maggie I have asked you on another thread, so sorry I am repeating it here - I just wondered what you wear during the day on board Cunard. Am looking for a benchmark and I know you always do the right thing.

Sorry Scriv, I missed your post.

What I wear depends on the climate really

My day usually starts at the gym for exercise class so I wear my work out gear.

I would change into smart pair of pants/trousers skinny type in black or navy with a nice top/ sweater. Often with a nautical look but that is just me. Costume jewellery or discreet jewellery. I am not a jeans person but smart jeans are worn by many. I wear leggings with a nice cashmere top and pair of ankle books or ballerina flats and a long tunic some days in winter. This would be my dress code if we were in cooler climate. I would also wear a nice dress if I am invited to a lunch time cocktail party, or if I was gong to the speciality restaurant for lunch.

In hotter climates I would wear a pair of shorts or cropped trouser and a top. tee shirt or similar. Fun jewellery, fit flops (thongs) or colourful shoes as I am a shoe fanatic! Or swim wear under a floaty cover up is fine to go to the deck pool . I have a collection of sun hats.

Going to lunch in the MDR in hotter climates I would change into a casual dress, maybe a long maxi dress or a long causal wrap skirt and top. I always accessorise my clothes with jewellery and maybe a hair decoration. Plus I have day time casual bags such as a small canvas bag or a small casual clutch type to keep my key card in as I am not into wearing a lanyard around my neck with my cabin key. :)

Really day time is pretty easy , casual and smart. More or less as you would wear any where on holiday. Night time is when I really like to dress up.

Have a wonderful cruise and report back later. :) regards Maggiemou.

Edited by maggiemou

Thanks so much Maggie - and for your reply on the other thread. That is really very helpful. I think I am just about sorted now after a lot of dithering lol :)

Edited by Scriv

Well finally done it after lots of research - we are booked on the Osaka to Hong Kong segment of QE's world cruise. Excited as we have never been to the Far East before, little worried as lots of the reviews for QE aren't good at the moment. Only sailed with Cunard once, that was a 4 day cruise last September and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Any thoughts as to why the reviews are poor at the moment?

Wish we could travel for longer but work commitments simply don't allow that at the moment :(

I did the half world cruise earlier this year on QE from Sydney to Southampton and at the end of two months I still didn't want to get off. I loved every minute of it and couldn't find anything to moan about.

You will find people on board that always want to find fault with things. Take no notice of them and enjoy yourselves as I am sure you will.

Last year I did the other half of the world down to Sydney via the Pacific again on QE and loved that.