Car Service Recommendations From Heathrow to London Hotel

Solara

So is the clock to the right of the word Information where we are to look for the person from Totally Driven if we end up booking with them for October?

You'll have to clarify the meet up point with Totally Driven. For all I know the company is still telling people to meet at the Information Desk. If that's what they tell you, you're in a position to say "But there is no Information desk. There's a sign that reads 'Information' on the wall in the U-shaped area. Where do you really mean?"

You might want to suggest the clock. Or WHSmith. Or Boots. (Refer to the YouTube video for T2 so you can see what these places look like.)

We are supposed to arrive at 11:30 AM Sunday morning- how long after arrival should I tell them to meet us (specifically - what should I choose at the drop down box). I understand we will have 30 minutes after that time to actually meet them before they start charging more.

There are posters on this board who fly into LHR frequently. (Recently, we been making this trip once a year.) Those experts are in a position to give you better information about how much time to allow for your meet up.

I arrived at terminal 2 at 6;45am on August 7 at LHR. I had the 9:50am National Express coach to London Victoria- 11:30 Dover bookrd. I was able to switch to the 8:15 Victoria and then 9:30 Dover without charge.

It is long walk to immigration from the plane, pick up luggage (we had to wait for 1 luggage as the airline had misplaced a lot of luggage), walk through the tunnel to the Coach station.

We used Woodford Chauffeur Cars for 4 transfers this month (roundtrip between Heathrow and London hotel, and roundtrip between the London hotel and port). Can't recommend them highly enough. Reasonable rates, courteous and professional drivers, and clean vehicles. We use private transfers a lot and this outfit is one of our favorites.

We just returned from our cruise and we used 247 Airport transfer to and from the cruise ship in Harwich.

They met us at the Travelex in Terminal 2. They drove us to Harwich to embark on our cruise and 2 weeks later they picked us up in Harwich and drove us to a hotel at Heathrow. We have absolutely no complaints. The drivers were prompt, courteous and friendly. We received a 10% discount as first time users. Their pricepoint was less than many transport services I queried.

https://www.247airporttransfer.co.uk/

Where exactly is Travelex in Terminal 2? I watched the video & didn't see it.

Thanks!

Where exactly is Travelex in Terminal 2? I watched the video & didn't see it.

Thanks!

That's correct. At 1:29 on the video, you get the first glimpse of the arrival hall. Looking straight ahead, you can see Caffe Nero; looking slightly to the right, you can see the sign "Food and Drink." (When the camera continues its pan to the right, you realize the sign indicates a section of Boots.) Both of those locations are already beyond Travelex.

Technically, there are two branches of Travelex in Terminal 2 so you'll need to clarify which one your car service means. The map that was linked in post #5 of this thread shows the location of the two Travelex locations. Most likely, the car service means #21 on the map. (24 being the other Travelex location near the infamous "Information Desk.") If so, here's what you should look for:

You will actually see Travelex before you see the stores shown on the video. It is almost in a straight line forward from the lane where travelers walk emerging from the luggage hall. And just to relate Travelex's position to what is being shown on the video, if you are standing in the same position as the person who recorded the video (facing Caffe Nero), do an about-face and walk forwards. You will bump into the Travelex desk.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

That's correct. At 1:29 on the video, you get the first glimpse of the arrival hall. Looking straight ahead, you can see Caffe Nero; looking slightly to the right, you can see the sign "Food and Drink." (When the camera continues its pan to the right, you realize the sign indicates a section of Boots.) Both of those locations are already beyond Travelex.

Technically, there are two branches of Travelex in Terminal 2 so you'll need to clarify which one your car service means. The map that was linked in post #5 of this thread shows the location of the two Travelex locations. Most likely, the car service means #21 on the map. (24 being the other Travelex location near the infamous "Information Desk.") If so, here's what you should look for:

You will actually see Travelex before you see the stores shown on the video. It is almost in a straight line forward from the lane where travelers walk emerging from the luggage hall. And just to relate Travelex's position to what is being shown on the video, if you are standing in the same position as the person who recorded the video (facing Caffe Nero), do an about-face and walk forwards. You will bump into the Travelex desk.

Thank you. Your right it is #21. Also thanks for pointing out there are 2 Travelex locations so I could confirm the correct one.

We used Totally driven for our transport heathrow-hotel, hotel - Harwich and again back to Heathrow after the cruise. On time, every time. Professional driver, van very comfortable for 6 adults with cruise luggage. Prices were very good. I booked all ahead of time on their website, very easy and got email conformation right away. Would use again.

It took us about 30 min to go through immigration and get our luggage, even tho our flight was 30 min late our driver was still on time. The information "desk" is right in front of the coffee shop, we flew Delta terminal 4.

Bev

Edited by FunCruiser56

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from London yesterday and used Blackberry Cars for a transfer from our London Hotel to LHR. I reconfirmed our reservation about 24 hrs beforehand. The car arrived 15 mins early, the driver was in a white shirt, tie and jacket and they sent me an email advising he was waiting for us outside of our hotel....we couldn't have been more pleased with Blackberry's.