When is Final Payment due...?

SS Exeter

I suppose I just have not been paying attention to this but is there a set number of days before the cruise when final payment is due? For some reason I seemed to think that it was 60 days.I know when we make the reservation deposit we are told when final payment is due - but the amount of time before the cruise seems to differ for different cruises (all on HAL).:confused:

From the HAL website:

Final payment is generally due no later than 75 days prior to departure although some cruises have different final payment date requirements. Please consult the Holland America Line brochure for the final payment date applicable to your cruise.

Hope this helps :)

Michele

From the HAL website:

Final payment is generally due no later than 75 days prior to departure although some cruises have different final payment date requirements. Please consult the Holland America Line brochure for the final payment date applicable to your cruise.

Hope this helps :)

Michele

Thanks Michele - I just could not find that. It makes more sense to me now.:cool:

Oh - and by the way - When your on the Noordam - please say "hi & hugs" to Rini in the Pinnical Grill from Susan & Ben. She pours the most beautiful Lobster Bisque.

Edited by SS Exeter
addition

It is always 75 days before the cruise -- never changes.

It depends on the itinerary.

Grand World; Grand Voyages; any Segment of a Grand World or Grand Voyage; 29-50 day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas; Incan Empires; Amazon Explorer; 30+ day Europe Transatlantic or any segment of a 30+ day Europe Transatlantic sailing; Africa Explorer and Far East Explorer

120 days before commencing travel

All Holiday; Australia; New Zealand; South Pacific; Asia; Prinsendam Europe; South America and Antarctica sailings

90 days before commencing travel

Caribbean; Panama Canal; Mexico; Canada & New England; Pacific Coastal; Pacific Northwest; Alaska and Alaska Land+Sea Journeys; Europe (except Prinsendam Europe, 30+ day Transatlantic and segments of 30+ day Transatlantic) and 27-day or less Hawaii sailings

75 days before commencing travel

Edited by jtl513

90 days -- are you going on a special cruise like Australia, South Pacific?

No just to the Caribbean. That's what the TA requires. I think it gives them my money to A) make money and B) get the money to the cruise line in a timely manner. In any event, it is a small concession considering the OBC they provide.

They should not get your money into their accounts but rather make the charge directly to the cruise line. If they are putting the money into their own accounts and later giving it to the cruise line - I would worry about the Agent/Agency.

My Agency do have the "due date" one week before the actual HAL due date - just to make sure we are not late in our payment. However, if I have some reason to hold off a few days, I simply talk to them. Which ever way I do it, the cruise charge on my credit card bill is always from HAL (or whatever cruise line), NOT the agency.

It is always 75 days before the cruise -- never changes.

Really? My final payment date is frequently, perhaps even usually, 90 days before the cruise. That's not taking the TA wiggle-room into account, either.

Really? My final payment date is frequently, perhaps even usually, 90 days before the cruise. That's not taking the TA wiggle-room into account, either.

Agree with RuthC. My two cruises this year were 90 days (plus the week my TA adds on). Grand Voyages have usually been 120 days (plus my TA's week).
That's the problem with using the words "always" and "never". :D My post #5 explains which are not 75 days.

Check your HAL acct. it always tells us the final due date. Our Oct 9th 2016 cruise shows final payment due June 25th. A little over 90 days.

Denise :)

I think you can only see that info it you book directly with Hal. If I'm wrong it someone will be quick to correct me.

[us[/u]

I think you can only see that info it you book directly with Hal. If I'm wrong it someone will be quick to correct me.

Our paths cross again CruzChic!

I just finished responding to you on another thread!

Your right!

Forgot!

Sorry😍

Denise:)

I don't have a direct reservation open right now and can't check, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't show even then ... just on the confirmation doc that is sent.

I don't have a direct reservation open right now and can't check, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't show even then ... just on the confirmation doc that is sent.

Yes, you are correct. I was going with what was stated earlier in the thread. I didn't stop to look it up online. Just the same it's super easy to find it on your confirmation.