If you are doing the Western Itinerary on the Carib Princess. you really should

Host Caroline

take the tour GCM-U1 from the ship tour office if you want to visit the Sandbar Stingray City.. I set this up for our group on the recommendation of the wonderful guy Andre at the tour desk when the itinerary changed.. he said it was one of "the" best tours and I can tell you that all 40 or so of us that went loved it.. the boat they use is like a pontoon, covered or not covered if you want sun.. crew is great.. esp. with the stingrays which you can feed, pick up (with their help).. etc... I know it's $45 and a lot of you would rather save money booking on shore but in this case... I'd definitely recommend paying a bit more.. the boats that showed up after us were more crowded.. very rocky and their crews weren't nearly as interactive..so just go for it :)

We've done the Sting Ray City tour with Captain Marvin's three times and we've never been disappointed. His boats carry between 20-30 passengers, and he also takes you to an area to snorkel at a reef before heading over to feed the sting rays. His excursion is wonderful and as you board back on the boat, the crew hose you down to get the salt water off of you. In addition, each passenger is given a free rum cake at the end of the tour. I can't remember what his price was, maybe $35 pp? I highly recommend them. Captain Marvin is in his 70's or early 80's and is as spry as ever. He has wonderful sea tales.

Several of the others have done Capt Marvin and Nativesway(?) in the past and said this one was much better.. the boat is larger but they don't take a lot of people.. this was my first time to Stingray so I'm just going by what they said. They have the hose thing-y, beverages etc. When you get detoured like this or have a late port call tendering if you aren't on tours takes forever. The ship tour also got us off right away..

Archived