Giovanni's Day 1 Discount - Question on Booking in Advance

Where did you get a BOGO coupon for specialty restaurants?

Today's email from RC about Chops & Giovanni's is quite confusing to me! Sounds like we each have to book 3 reservations for these restaurants to get a 20% onboard credit rebate! 20% off $40 is $8 (maybe 1 drink each!) and 20% off $25 is $5.....OR 20% OBC pays the gratutity for going there! Would sure rather have a BOGO. Also the email implied a 20% discount for 1st day, but the fine print is vague.....

We haven't been on RC in several years -- we will be on for B2B on Indy, so I wouldn't mind going to the 2 specialties at least once and maybe go to 1 twice during that 14 nts....what's the 1st night menu like in dining room like? Or are we better to go to a specialty the 1st night?

As I recall the past RC main dining rooms, the tables were large & close together making the MDR noisy. Is that true on Indy? Do you think our group of 5 could get a table for 6 easier staying at early sitting or should we switch to "anytime" dining or to late? Should we request a certain level or location in the MDR???

Many of the ships offer a 20% discount for a specialty restaurant on the first night. There is usually someone from the ship walking around giving out coupons. Food is so subjective, but I think the 1st night menu in the MDR is the least appealing to me.

Edited by dacsmom

That's what happens after a bottle and a half of pinot noir.

Was just wanting to make sure that those who don't know have the correct info. Wouldn't want the first time cruisers hop on board and get mad because they can't find Portofino's.

Was just wanting to make sure that those who don't know have the correct info. Wouldn't want the first time cruisers hop on board and get mad because they can't find Portofino's.

K thanks September will be my 4 th time on her first time doing mystery dinner theater.

Edited by mark22mac