Giovanni's Day 1 Discount - Question on Booking in Advance

I would like to book Giovanni's for night 1 as I remember reading on here they are giving BOGO for that day only. If I book online prior to departure, will they credit me when I board? Also, If I book for 2 adults and 2 kids, does the BOGO apply to kids as well?

I also tried to book Izumi Hibachi last night and it looks like they would charge full price for kids. Does that get credited once on board?

Based on the reply I saw on the new thread for Chops, we would get the 20% discount vs. the BOGO since we are Diamond Memebers not D#or Pinnacle.

However, my question still remains...if I book now do I still get that discount later or do I need to wait if I want the discount?

Question still also remains regarding kids pricing for booking in advance for Izumi Hibachi. They should be charged the childrens pricing, but online charges full amount. Will I be credited?

...However, my question still remains...if I book now do I still get that discount later or do I need to wait if I want the discount?

Question still also remains regarding kids pricing for booking in advance for Izumi Hibachi. They should be charged the childrens pricing, but online charges full amount. Will I be credited?

I don't know the answers to your questions, beyond the fact that if you wait and book onboard, you will get all the discounts and children's pricing. We've found that if we go the restaurant as soon as we board, we have no problems making reservations for our desired time.

Thank you for your response. I think we may just do that as I know they shouldn't be full the first night and do hold back some reservations .

With regard to the children's pricing, they would have to order off the children's menu to get the $8 pricing. If they order off the adult menu, then they pay full price.

We have never made any reservations on line. We go to the restaurants as soon as we board as well....and have never had any problems getting what we want. The first night is typically about half empty in most specialty restaurants.

With regard to the children's pricing, they would have to order off the children's menu to get the $8 pricing. If they order off the adult menu, then they pay full price.

Makes sense. I'll have to search to see if anyone has posted what is on the children's menu. My oldest (10) gets annoyed having to order of the kiddy menu on land...and may be worth letting him to the regular menu as a special cruise treat.

Edited by tropiclvrs

We have never made any reservations on line. We go to the restaurants as soon as we board as well....and have never had any problems getting what we want. The first night is typically about half empty in most specialty restaurants.

..............which is the only reason that they offer us discounts.

:rolleyes: :D

Don't know if this will help, but we got an Email from Royal to book speciality dining, so I called C&A and asked about booking over the phone. The very nice lady told me they would rather I wait till we were onboard and book with the concierge. Her reason was if I booked now, I would have to pay full price and get reimbursed onboard, which they don't like to deal with refunds. She did say the concierge does hold seats in speciality restaurants for D, D+ and P. you may want to call to see if they give you the same answer !

I'm glad I read this thread. I'll wait till we get on board to book. We've never dined at a speciality restaurant on the 1st night. Of course, the planner in me says, check what's in the MDR that first night too!:p

Anyone have a quick link to Freedom menus? We sail at the end of this month.

Thanks,

Bobbi

We have rebooked for the three of us for the first day, 2 adults and one child. The following is what happened. They credited the difference of our DS prepayment. I hope this helps regarding the kids menu pricing.

I'm glad I read this thread. I'll wait till we get on board to book. We've never dined at a speciality restaurant on the 1st night. Of course, the planner in me says, check what's in the MDR that first night too!:p

Anyone have a quick link to Freedom menus? We sail at the end of this month.

Thanks,

Bobbi

Menus: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/

We have rebooked for the three of us for the first day, 2 adults and one child. The following is what happened. They credited the difference of our DS prepayment. I hope this helps regarding the kids menu pricing.

Thanks for the info. Do you recall what was onthe kids menu for the specialty restaurant you went to?

Edited by tropiclvrs

Thanks for the info. Do you recall what was onthe kids menu for the specialty restaurant you went to?

We are going from memory from March, so it will be a bit off. Since Giovanni's is family style he had a bit of the antipasti.

Giovanni's.

Apps--Soup or salad

Mains -- we think there were four mains. DS had spaghetti and meat balls. We think there was a chicken and can't remeber the others.

Dessert -- DS had ice cream and we think there were ther options too.

Chops

Apps -- soup or salad

Main -- 6-8 oz NYS. DS had it and it looked amazing and tasted great ;), chicken, and we are thinking a pasta as well.

Dessert -- ice cream, cookie plate and we think there was another option.

Wish we could be more helpful, but it gives you the idea. We though for $8 it was amazing value.

We are going from memory from March, so it will be a bit off. Since Giovanni's is family style he had a bit of the antipasti.

Giovanni's.

Apps--Soup or salad

Mains -- we think there were four mains. DS had spaghetti and meat balls. We think there was a chicken and can't remeber the others.

Dessert -- DS had ice cream and we think there were ther options too.

Chops

Apps -- soup or salad

Main -- 6-8 oz NYS. DS had it and it looked amazing and tasted great ;), chicken, and we are thinking a pasta as well.

Dessert -- ice cream, cookie plate and we think there was another option.

Wish we could be more helpful, but it gives you the idea. We though for $8 it was amazing value.

This helps, thanK you. As long as it's not the typical chicken nuggets, hamburgers or Mac and cheese it'll be perfect and well worth it.

This helps, thanK you. As long as it's not the typical chicken nuggets, hamburgers or Mac and cheese it'll be perfect and well worth it.

You will be good, as it is a "non-Disney" kids menu. Enjoy your cruise.:)

On our last cruise, the waiters at both Chips and Portofino let my 11 year old order off the adult menu at kids pricing. I'm sure it depends on the management on the ship, but it never hurts to ask...

Where did you get a BOGO coupon for specialty restaurants?

Today's email from RC about Chops & Giovanni's is quite confusing to me! Sounds like we each have to book 3 reservations for these restaurants to get a 20% onboard credit rebate! 20% off $40 is $8 (maybe 1 drink each!) and 20% off $25 is $5.....OR 20% OBC pays the gratutity for going there! Would sure rather have a BOGO. Also the email implied a 20% discount for 1st day, but the fine print is vague.....

We haven't been on RC in several years -- we will be on for B2B on Indy, so I wouldn't mind going to the 2 specialties at least once and maybe go to 1 twice during that 14 nts....what's the 1st night menu like in dining room like? Or are we better to go to a specialty the 1st night?

As I recall the past RC main dining rooms, the tables were large & close together making the MDR noisy. Is that true on Indy? Do you think our group of 5 could get a table for 6 easier staying at early sitting or should we switch to "anytime" dining or to late? Should we request a certain level or location in the MDR???

Edited by Cruisin Kay D