Trading my perks for something else

laxfanmom1

We will be in the Haven on the Epic in a few weeks. We got the 4 perk plan - UDP, UBP, Wifi, and excursion help. We will not be using the excursion $75 at all as we have private excursions booked. Has anyone had any success with trading the excursion perk for, say, a couple of water packages? I'm wondering if I should try?

We don't drink and asked if NCL could do anything about the package we won't use and they said nothing they would do. I went over to Princess cruises who had a similar promo for a similar cruise and they allow us to trade the drinks package for $500 OBC so we took that. This was on a 2 week Hawaii cruise. We kept our NCL booking too and since we're traveling with friends we will offer them a drink but it's a waste of a perk for us.

We will be in the Haven on the Epic in a few weeks. We got the 4 perk plan - UDP, UBP, Wifi, and excursion help. We will not be using the excursion $75 at all as we have private excursions booked. Has anyone had any success with trading the excursion perk for, say, a couple of water packages? I'm wondering if I should try?

From the terms and conditions on the current promotion it looks like you're out of luck with any changes.

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer.

Call and ask...I booked back in March and was automatically assigned the UDP. I called a few weeks ago to see if I could change my perk. They looked to see what was available at the time I booked and let me change to the UBP.

I'm sure I'll get much more use out of that :D

Edited by What'sUpCooley
typo

Call and ask...I booked back in March and was automatically assigned the UDP. I called a few weeks ago to see if I could change my perk. They looked to see what was available at the time I booked and let me change to the UBP.

I'm sure I'll get much more use out of that :D

Right, you can change to another option that was available at the time you made your original reservation. Just can't negotiate and get request something that's not an option.

We went for the UBP as well :)

I agree, some of the perks do nothing for me. We have wi-fi time and the shore excursions. This will be our third trip to Bermuda and we normally don't use the trip for excursions there, just take the ferry where we want to go. I go on cruises to get away from work and home and people and the internet. I don't want wi-fi. I'm hoping a better promo comes out when the room is a smidge cheaper and I'll re-book.