Passport card- do we need birth certificate?

jabby826

Hi everyone-

We're going on our first cruise in one week! My husband and I have US passport cards. Do we still need our birth certificates to get on board Norwegian? I called and they were very vague. Thanks in advance!

We carried our passports and drivers license with us. We did not have any other papers with us at all. You need a photo id every time you get on and off the ship. That is all you will need. Enjoy your trip, we just got back and loved every minute of it!!!

Hi everyone-

We're going on our first cruise in one week! My husband and I have US passport cards. Do we still need our birth certificates to get on board Norwegian? I called and they were very vague. Thanks in advance!

Do you have your Skagway travel plans in place? I believe a passport is required coming back into the US from Canada?

Edited by Budget Queen

Thanks everyone! We are unsure what we will be doing in Skagway but we do have passport cards which are ok for land and sea travel to Canada. I just wasn't sure if we additionally need birth certificates to board in Seattle. :)

In theory your card will be fine for all travel including into the Yukon, no passport is required, BUT all this assumes that the people that check you in for your cruise recognize it and understand its uses and limitations, same thing for the land crossing in Skagway. You do not need to bring brith certificates.

Edited by zqvol