Royal/Regal cabin location question

rjgdjg

Hi-

I have a question about the mini-suite locations on the Royal Princess. On the deck plans, all the mini-suites seem to be opposite inside rooms. Do the mini-suites face the inside rooms' front doorways? (We're concerned about noise issues.)

Thanks! - Musing About Cruising

Seems to me most cruise ship cabins have another cabin across the hall. So I wouldn't see that as a problem. A crew work area across the hall probably represents a bigger noise issue.

Jim

Very well said Jim, maybe he /she wants a floor all to himself.

Hi-

I have a question about the mini-suite locations on the Royal Princess. On the deck plans, all the mini-suites seem to be opposite inside rooms. Do the mini-suites face the inside rooms' front doorways? (We're concerned about noise issues.)

Yes, they face doorways across the hall, but so do balcony cabins. The noise issue isn't so much what is opposite. People who don't know they can prevent their doors from slamming cause the most noise, and they can be loud even from halfway down the hall. I often think Princess should put up some signs telling people how to close a door quietly.

You will have inside cabins across the hall. Whether the door to that cabin will be exactly opposite your door depends on where your cabin is located. Some outside cabins are located across from work areas or blank walls hiding work areas so check the ship layout to see where your cabin is actually located. As for slamming cabin doors, it can happen several cabins away and you will hear it. It does not happen often and most of the time it is a balcony/mini-suite cabin where the patio door is open creating a wind tunnel. The biggest villain of slamming doors is the balcony/minisuite occupants!

If you look at any cruise ship deck plan and see what appears to be blank space across from your cabin, its not empty space. It just means that there is a non-passenger area there, which could be anything. Don't think that just because there doesn't appear to be a cabin there doesn't mean there isn't some other noise-generating feature there :) And that's not even counting what may be above you!

Edited by custompcsys

If you look at any cruise ship deck plan and see what appears to be blank space across from your cabin, its not empty space.

Very true...there is a lot of white space on Princess Emerald deck. There are a lot of crew quarters there.

If you look at any cruise ship deck plan and see what appears to be blank space across from your cabin, its not empty space.

Very true...there is a lot of white space on Princess Emerald deck. There are a lot of crew quarters there.

As well as technical spaces too.

Hi-

Our experience is the problem noise comes from the cabin next door or the hall .....not the cabin across the hall.